goodbye GS350 F Sport - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums


goodbye GS350 F Sport

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-14, 05:51 AM   #31
GS14AWD
Rookie
 
GS14AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous3 View Post
Yeah ive gotta agree, the rear does resemble a hyundia sonata i think its called I'm not sure. I always mistake them for a GS when I'm tailing them from far away
I will be honest, I used to laugh when GS first came out with 13 model when I saw one from behind on the road. The rear end looked just like Camry (overall shape) with flare of Hyundai Sonata (details). I thought "After all the hype, that's what they came up with?". Ah...the front end, I thought Lexus finally got their sense of humor with that one. Who does something like that to 50-60k car, I thought. One week prior to buying one, I saw a silver one in DC right next to me and thought, OMG look at the wheel gap on that car???

Now that I drive one, I understand the hype, it is a GREAT car. All cars have minor things to pick on but this car does almost everything so well. I love driving it. But I have to say, I do not love being seen in it. Car has dynamics that will shame most other competitors. But it looks almost like a supped up Camry by a designer who used to be rice boy...someone who might have his own style but doesn't quite get it. Like putting on ultra wide tires that stick out from the fender, maybe huge wheel gap was an attractive option to the designers and engineers.

Such a shame though, for a such great car. I may not be majority. But when I used to drive other brand, I used to laugh at GS's look and its drivers with bad taste. If other luxury brand drivers feel similar, what could be a sales hit, may not turn out to be such hit.
GS14AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 01:10 AM   #32
pbateson
Pole Position
 
pbateson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sad you leave Lexus for better mpg car. I plan getting '13 F-Sport. Currently, '07 GS350. MPG is not bad. I drove in freeway a lot. I used to be 1995 Honda Accord EX and almost same mpg as my car. I will never go back Honda and stick to Lexus. How is your new ride?
pbateson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 01:57 AM   #33
Infamous3
Pole Position
 
Infamous3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 373
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS14AWD View Post
I will be honest, I used to laugh when GS first came out with 13 model when I saw one from behind on the road. The rear end looked just like Camry (overall shape) with flare of Hyundai Sonata (details). I thought "After all the hype, that's what they came up with?". Ah...the front end, I thought Lexus finally got their sense of humor with that one. Who does something like that to 50-60k car, I thought. One week prior to buying one, I saw a silver one in DC right next to me and thought, OMG look at the wheel gap on that car???

Now that I drive one, I understand the hype, it is a GREAT car. All cars have minor things to pick on but this car does almost everything so well. I love driving it. But I have to say, I do not love being seen in it. Car has dynamics that will shame most other competitors. But it looks almost like a supped up Camry by a designer who used to be rice boy...someone who might have his own style but doesn't quite get it. Like putting on ultra wide tires that stick out from the fender, maybe huge wheel gap was an attractive option to the designers and engineers.

Such a shame though, for a such great car. I may not be majority. But when I used to drive other brand, I used to laugh at GS's look and its drivers with bad taste. If other luxury brand drivers feel similar, what could be a sales hit, may not turn out to be such hit.
the front really isn't a issue, most people don't like it but it looks much nicer when you vinyl or plasti dip the middle bumper. Looks a lot more complete
Infamous3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 07:56 AM   #34
SW15LS
Lexus Fanatic
 
SW15LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 15,703
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS14AWD View Post
But when I used to drive other brand, I used to laugh at GS's look and its drivers with bad taste.
Quite frankly, I may see cars that I don't care for the looks of...but to laugh at people or look at anyone with bad taste because of the styling of their car is pretty juvenile IMHO.

I quite honestly couldn't care less what someone else thinks about me or my car. If you do...Im sad for you.
SW15LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 12:53 PM   #35
gs350fs
Driver School Candidate
 
gs350fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
bought a FRS on 6-24-13 to replace my daily drive 2007 Camry SE.

[skipped]

after driving the FRS for a few days the GS feels like a boat! thats both good and bad haha
Just curious, did you drive a "GS-boat" in Sport S+ mode or in Normal/ECO mode? In Sport S+ mode I wouldn't say it feels like a boat at all If you're talking about Normal mode, then, compared to FR-S, I would agree, it's not going to be that sharp.

Let's see some numbers regarding being a "boat", shall we?

2013 Scion FR-S:

MT FIGURE EIGHT
25.9 sec @ 0.67 g (avg)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/specs.html

-------

2013 Lexus GS350 F-sport :

MT FIGURE EIGHT
25.7 sec @ 0.70 g (avg)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt_first_test/

But you found your "soul-mate" and that's cool. Congrats!
gs350fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 02:17 PM   #36
lamar411
Lexus Champion
 
lamar411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 2,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs350fs View Post
Just curious, did you drive a "GS-boat" in Sport S+ mode or in Normal/ECO mode? In Sport S+ mode I wouldn't say it feels like a boat at all If you're talking about Normal mode, then, compared to FR-S, I would agree, it's not going to be that sharp.

Let's see some numbers regarding being a "boat", shall we?

2013 Scion FR-S:

MT FIGURE EIGHT
25.9 sec @ 0.67 g (avg)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/specs.html

-------

2013 Lexus GS350 F-sport :

MT FIGURE EIGHT
25.7 sec @ 0.70 g (avg)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt_first_test/

But you found your "soul-mate" and that's cool. Congrats!
It is still a boat compared to the FR-S... completely different cars.
lamar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 05:48 PM   #37
gs350fs
Driver School Candidate
 
gs350fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar411 View Post
It is still a boat compared to the FR-S... completely different cars.
Well, it depends on what you put in the term "a boat"
Yes, it is bigger, but cornering is pretty good in Sport S+ mode, IMO.
gs350fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 06:02 PM   #38
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Joeb427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 10,951
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good luck with your new purchase.
I can't agree with the front looking like an Accord but the rear definitely looks like a Sonata. I've said that for quite awhile.
I also feel the exterior is kind of bland.
However the interior is fabulous and the ride quality is very nice too.
Joeb427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 10:28 PM   #39
Nismo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs350fs View Post
Well, it depends on what you put in the term "a boat"
Yes, it is bigger, but cornering is pretty good in Sport S+ mode, IMO.
Naw, it's a boat. It's a good handling boat, but still a boat. One of my other vehicles is an S2000. My brother has a BRZ (the Subie version of the FRS). When it comes to handling, the GS can't hang with any of those cars. My GS is about 3-4 seconds slower at autox than my S. Now that doesn't mean the GS is bad. Afterall, for a nearly two-ton vehicle, the GS handles exceptionally well. And it holds the family in comfort on long trips. Fast while smooth is a GS trait.

But let's not kid ourselves... it's a boat.
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 10:30 PM   #40
Nismo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb427 View Post
...the interior is fabulous and the ride quality is very nice too.
Those are the two main reasons I bought this car!
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 07:08 AM   #41
scham21
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Interior makes a big difference

What type of interior do you have?? I got in a F Sport once and the interior seemed so bland you couldnt even tell it was the same car as my luxury model GS. The peanut butter and red interior really set the car off.
Attached Thumbnails
goodbye GS350 F Sport-lx-.jpg  
scham21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-14, 10:40 AM   #42
GSTONY
Lead Lap
 
GSTONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 539
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm about to get a 86 as well for DD, I see you got the series 10 edition how do you like it. And for the guy that posted figure 8 times you gotta know that the gs is running decent tires while the frs is on some cheap prius tires and it got similar times, I track a lot with my gs and I have a hard time playing catch up with a 86.
GSTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TX 99 stock GS300 DWP, bluetooth, navi, gs350 wheels chuvy Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 7 09-18-13 04:23 PM
Updated pictures of the Garage Club GS chrispy GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 99 07-25-09 09:13 PM
Homestead Speedway 6/19 Robs IS250 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 14 07-09-09 02:12 PM
Go Fast VIP MrExecutiv GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 124 06-30-09 08:37 PM
Are you serious bricoop GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 23 07-02-08 02:14 PM


Tags
2013, 350, black, club, clublexus, deep, forum, fourth, gen, gs, gs350, lexus, mica, sea, sport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved