GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just leased a Brand new GS350 and have some questions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-13, 11:01 AM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just leased a Brand new GS350 and have some questions..

Hello everyone , I would just like to introduce myself and have a few questions about my new car.
I was looking to get a Infiniti Q50 lease but the car is not out as of yet and the lease programs are going to be out of this world for the first few months so I decided to go with a GS350 lease. I went with the lease because it is only 27 month lease program (which I like) and the lease programs are too good to pass up. I was also looking at the M37x but the lease was 39 months and $30-$40 more a month. I got a nebula gray with black interior with the MSRP of $56,353.. IT was the cheapest model they had (I really wanted the F-sport but did to me it was not worth it to lease for 27 months) The car has everything I am used to and wanted. I currently have a 2010 Maxima that lease is up in 2 months ( I will be holding it for 2 months and commuting with that since the over miles is only 10 cents and lexus is 25 cents) I do drive about 18 k miles a year and lexus only goes up to 15K , they will give you more but you do not save much as opposed to paying 25 cents at the end ( It came out to 21 cents before) . I inked the paperwork yesterday but was unable to pick it up since my insurance was closed so my wife will be picking it up tomorrow. so these are the questions that I have..
does the dealer set up the lexus enform or do I set it up? I like the pandora radio and I heart radio aspect of it with the app suites. Does anyone use the I heart or pandora radio and how does it work? how does the bluetooth streaming audio work in the car? I have a loaded maxima now and I like listening to talk off youtube so will it stream off youtube or any other website from my phone?

My wife has a 2011 FX35 so I am used to the touch screen in nissan and infiniti products so how does the mouse compare to the infiniti nissan navigation touch system..?
My cars before the maxima where 2001 acura Cl type-s, 2006 TL, 2009 TSX and now maxima so I went from Acura to infiniti to now lexus. My moms has a 2011 RX450 H and had a 1999 RX300 and I really do not like the floaty ride of the lexus but from my short drive the GS felt like it had some sportiness to it , but the $2500 leas cash and the 27 month lease was what really pushed me to get this car. I hope I did not make a mistake buy not waiting a few more months for the Q50 but honestly I do not think the leas would be nearly as good on a loaded Q50 awd hybrid with a similar MSRP...

I am also jealous of you california guy because your leases are crazy good you are getting F-sports for what I paid for a GS350
Old 07-07-13, 12:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Congrats! You will love the car. I too was used to the touch screens in my previous Lexus cars and other cars, you will get used to the remote touch over time.

I do drive about 18 k miles a year and lexus only goes up to 15K , they will give you more but you do not save much as opposed to paying 25 cents at the end ( It came out to 21 cents before) .
Lexus will do 18k (my previous lease was 18k) but like you said they basically just charge you for the overage and then roll it into the lease for anything north of 15k. You actually can trade out of it which is what I did with my previous ES. When you get 2-3 months until the end of your lease see if the dealer can get you your payoff in a trade and that gets you out of having to pay any mileage overages. They did that for me with the ES and I basically wound up paying more for 18k miles for no benefit, so I just did 15k this time.

I hope I did not make a mistake buy not waiting a few more months for the Q50 but honestly I do not think the leas would be nearly as good on a loaded Q50 awd hybrid with a similar MSRP...
The Q50 looks like its going to be a nice car, but its a category below the GS, better compared to the IS. To me the GS is a no brainer in your case, you got a mid model luxury sedan for the cost of an entry level sedan.
Old 07-07-13, 03:13 PM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

Stoned, did you test drive the M37x? If so, how did it compare to the GS?

I think you chose the better car, just curious to hear your thoughts though. Congrats! Post some pics
Old 07-07-13, 05:44 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

I actually work for Infiniti and can not answer the question on driving dynamics yet. I have not had enough time behind the wheel on the GS350 yet (only drove it a mile) I basically leased it because the terms (27 months and payment). The M37x with premium package (msrp 56K) was about $1000 more down and $25 more a month with my VPP rebates. They are changing the name of the car next year to Q70 and I was going to wait and see if the programs got a lot better but we only had 5-6 in stock. I also have a FX35 and Maxima and everyone in my family has a G37x so I wanted a change for a couple of years..
Old 07-07-13, 06:50 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

Also have a couple more questions, can the fogs be on with just the led lights durring the day, is there a switch for the LED lights?
How does the AWD system work, I am guessing it is RWD based but is it 100% rear until it detects slip?
I know in the Infiniti's the AWD cars are 100% RWD 95% of the time and the only time it sends power to the front is when it detects slip is this the same with the GS AWD system?
Old 07-07-13, 07:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can answer one of your questions. You will need to set up Enform, but my salesperson at Lexus sent me an e-mail prior to the delivery of my GS outlining the steps. Yours should do the same.

I haven't used the Bluetooth streaming audio, but from some of the comments I've read in the forum there seem to be varied opinions. You may want to do a search in this forum. Here a few threads on the topic.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=2165580

I can't answer the AWD or fog light questions because I have a RWD F Sport.

Re: Infiniti, I've owned several M's and a couple of FX's and we now have a G37 vert that we plan on replacing with another one when the lease is up next March. I went to the dealership to see the new Q50 a couple of days ago and was advised they would be arriving in a week of two. Meanwhile, at the movie theater today I saw an ad for one during the previews. I can't believe Infiniti is already advertising them and doesn't even have one in stock to view. Infiniti makes great cars, but if they ever hope to build their brand they need to get their marketing act together.

I'm sure the Q50 will be fantastic, but as one of the other posters said, it is a step below the GS. I've had my GS for 14 months and love it every time I drive it. You made a great decision.

Last edited by dseag2; 07-07-13 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-07-13, 07:52 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Congrats! You will love the car. I too think you made a right decision. You can turn fogs on/off when headlight is on but you can not turn it on when headlight is off. Works like an AND gate.
D,
Now that you have iPhone 5 you should try bluetooth sreaming. IMO it works better than direct connect.
Old 07-07-13, 08:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

BT audio streaming works really well. Easy to navigate, stays connected, great audio quality.

No fogs without headlamps

I believe the AWD is a 70/30 split most of the time, 70 rear.

LED lights can be turned on and off
Old 07-07-13, 10:54 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the Infiniti performance and Lexus luxury. Both have pros & cons.

You had some Nissan and Infiniti for a while so time for your new experiences with Lexus comfort ride and luxury amenities. I cross shop 4GS with the M37 and decided to keep my G37 for DD and add an 4GS for weekend.
Old 07-09-13, 06:03 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

Wow a lot of people have a infiniti also on the forum..
To be honest the gs350 prob drives better then the m37x.. I really have not pushed it and only put 40 miles on the car in 2 days.. I am still driving my maxima to work because I need to save the miles on my gs350 since they do not do over 15k miles.. This will prob not be my daily driver until end of summer because I got 18 k miles on my maxima lease and I have 3k miles left so I am going to use them.. I jump right into the car when I get home from work.. I love the enform and have played with it a lot and used the pandora enform and like the way it works so far.. I did have some trouble starting it once but reset my phone and work perfectly.. I also tried bing and it works great also.. I must say the tech in this is way better then the m37x tech.. But I believe when the q50 drops it will have better tech but that how tech goes every new release always gets more tech and the gs is a year old where the m37 is 39 months old already (I know that because I leased out the first new body m37x at my dealer and he came back recently for a new infiniti) I do not like the mouse , and I hope I get used to it.. I would rather a touch screen like in the infiniti but maybe because that is what I am used to..
Old 07-10-13, 11:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I drove the M37 extensively, the GS rides significantly better...I do like the M, maybe the next generation will be better...
Old 07-12-13, 08:42 PM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

Here is a pic of my baby..

Old 07-13-13, 07:40 AM
zicogold
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not tried streaming from YouTube on my phone, but streaming music from the phone is effortless to start. However I do think the Lexus UI leaves a lot to be desired. It can be a fumble to select the music buried on the phone or USB thru the mouse. However the voice search can help. BTW a physically tethered source to my ears, sounds slightly better than the virtual Bluetooth connection.

I did test drive the Infiniti M and it is a bigger car but I did not notice the size it in the interior. I preferred the GS's interior and the GS's ride and overall handling. To me the M leaned toward the E class ride and interior, while it was difficult to perceive differences in the 5 series and the GS's ride.

Also I concur the AWD is 70/30 split to the rear under dry conditions. The AWD worked flawlessly thru this snowy winter.

So with the exception of the Lexus mouse, the GS is an exceptional car inside and out.
Old 07-14-13, 10:08 AM
StonedCL
Driver School Candidate

I also had a question about TEXT msg.. I got a text today and it read the MSG to me but this is the first time it did it. I got txt in the car before but it never had a pop up untill today. Can I respond through the car? I tried looking for a respond button but could not find it. I also noticed in settings that there was responses set up all ready so there must be a way to respond.. I learn something new everyday in this car, I prob will not learn everything before my lease is up... I also found out that with HD radio some stations have 2 or 3 different stations under the same FM frequency... This is pretty cool because I found K-Rock which I thought was no longer around.. In my maxima and FX35 it has artist and song tagging as favorites . For example if Guns n roses is on a XM station I can save it as a favorite and if they are playing on any other station then I will get a pop up saying "guns n roses is on channel 35 would you like to listen" and you hit yes it goes to the station and if you hit no it stays where you are.. Does the Lexus have this??
Old 07-14-13, 10:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

What kind of phone do you have? If you have an iPhone you cannot respond to texts through the car.

No XM song or artist tagging on the Toyota/Lexus system...