GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lead time on GS factory order?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-13, 09:12 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You take me the wrong way, I'm not amped up I'm just trying to help you...its your decision but I hate to see anybody waste their hard earned money or time for no purpose. I've been buying these cars for a long time...special ordering sucks...its a PITA, it never works out like you want it to, and it winds up costing you.

You're not going to find one with the luxury package (which has way more equipment you don't want) that you could get for $50k OTD, but I bet you can find one with the premium package that you can get for $50k out the door. You're in the south, so RWD makes that even easier because the premium car is less than $54k, that means with the incentive your price is $51,500 even if you paid MSRP...which obviously you aren't going to do.

Have you spoken to a dealer about trying to allocate a car in that color combo? I would look for you but Lexus' system of displaying inventory is not great...
I haven't spoken about details with my dealer yet, I just wanted to do some research based on other people's experience here with the special order process so I could have a gauge as to how things are currently being done with the Lexus "process". And to be able to go back in better prepared. I agree they purposely make it difficult and try to discourage you, just trying to determine if it can still be done reasonably and if other people here have succeeded (what methods they used, how the process went, etc).
Old 07-05-13, 09:22 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

As you can see its a mixed bag...some have been successful, some have not.

Do yourself a favor though and at least explore the possibility of finding a meteor blue with flaxen GS somewhere in the US, your dealer can allocate from anywhere, and you can buy from any dealer directly.

You should be able to get $6,500 or so off of this car right now including the $2,500 incentive, without any effort. If you order now its going to be a 2014, and likely at MSRP...in the very least you won't have that $2,500 incentive. I just hate to see you spend the same money, or potentially more money, and wind up with less car and getting to wait 4 months for your trouble.

I looked around some for you as best I could with the limitations of Lexus' inventory system they share with us (which until last year was none at all, so I suppose its better than that), and meteor blue with a grey interior is doable all day long at an MSRP of about $53,500...the trick is going to be finding the flaxen. Your dealer though can see the total allocation...

I'm sure theres one on a lot somewhere you can close a deal on today and save money.
Old 07-05-13, 09:41 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
As you can see its a mixed bag...some have been successful, some have not.

Do yourself a favor though and at least explore the possibility of finding a meteor blue with flaxen GS somewhere in the US, your dealer can allocate from anywhere, and you can buy from any dealer directly.

You should be able to get $6,500 or so off of this car right now including the $2,500 incentive, without any effort. If you order now its going to be a 2014, and likely at MSRP...in the very least you won't have that $2,500 incentive. I just hate to see you spend the same money, or potentially more money, and wind up with less car and getting to wait 4 months for your trouble.

I looked around some for you as best I could with the limitations of Lexus' inventory system they share with us (which until last year was none at all, so I suppose its better than that), and meteor blue with a grey interior is doable all day long at an MSRP of about $53,500...the trick is going to be finding the flaxen. Your dealer though can see the total allocation...

I'm sure theres one on a lot somewhere you can close a deal on today and save money.
That $2500 may be only be available with a lease.
Old 07-05-13, 09:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Something to check on for sure. I think the incentive when we got ours though was universal...
Old 07-05-13, 01:58 PM
LexFather

I doubt they build 2013s with the 2014s around the corner. I have no info but usually 2014s hit late August/Sept so likely 2013 production has ended to make room for 2014s. Which means 2013s should be sold aggressively soon.

btw Adrian this is 1sick We love ours.
Old 07-05-13, 04:29 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
This is what I would expect, about 4 months. Did your dealer/Lexus provide you with status updates about your car's process? Like, order accepted, VIN assigned, car in production, car shipped, etc?

I don't think number of options has anything to do with it, a special order is a special order regardless of whether it's one option or 10. Unless there's a supply shortage on certain options due to another earthquake or something, it shouldn't be an issue.
The dealer never called me. I called them around the time I was expecting the car around Mid April. But then it was showing up coming in May... I was in no rush to receive the car as I wanted to wait till the snow was all gone...
Old 07-05-13, 07:30 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I doubt they build 2013s with the 2014s around the corner. I have no info but usually 2014s hit late August/Sept so likely 2013 production has ended to make room for 2014s. Which means 2013s should be sold aggressively soon.

btw Adrian this is 1sick We love ours.
Hey Mike, it's been a long time my friend.

It's taken me a while, but I think I may be back to the Lexus family sooner than later...prodigal son. lol
Old 07-06-13, 04:02 PM
LexFather

Hey Mike, it's been a long time my friend.

It's taken me a while, but I think I may be back to the Lexus family sooner than later...prodigal son. lol
Awesome. Email me or text/call me for anything....All this hard work and passion is paying off and Lexus has been great..never thought 12 years ago it would be like this

seloc1@gmail.com
770-843-1723
Old 07-06-13, 08:51 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is an EPIC fail on their part. Obviously they don't have their ish together.

Did they give you any updates at all during those first 12 weeks? Sounds like someone forgot about it and never submitted it in the first place. Cause I would expect 12 weeks would be about the total order-to-delivery time....
After 8 weeks i was getting impatient I emailed my salesman and he said he would let me know as soon as he heard anything, He called me a month later and said my car was rejected because some of my options conflicted and I would have to change how I configured it.

I was pissed off that this wasn't caught when I was in the dealership ordering the car 3 months prior, so basically they forgot to order the car and when they finally did it got rejected.

There were a few others in the forum who had ordered when I did and had vin #'s on their cars after 12 weeks
Old 07-07-13, 01:17 AM
Phantom13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this will help you any but I work at a Toyota plant here in the US and we get special orders quite a bit and with the backlog of cars and trying to keep up with demand, dealerships have to place their orders 90 days out. Sometimes the car will be delivered in those 90 days, but it depends on shipping. I would assume that the Lexus process is the same way (not sure yet since we haven't broken ground on our Lexus plant yet), but would take longer since they are coming in from Japan.

Also I know my local dealership can pull up what cars they are expecting on their next few deliveries (I think out to 2 months) and know what options are on the cars that will be on the transport vehicle. It may be worth it to have them check it out and see if any of those vehicles come close to what you're looking for in your GS.

Last edited by Phantom13; 07-07-13 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-07-13, 08:24 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusVet
After 8 weeks i was getting impatient I emailed my salesman and he said he would let me know as soon as he heard anything, He called me a month later and said my car was rejected because some of my options conflicted and I would have to change how I configured it.

I was pissed off that this wasn't caught when I was in the dealership ordering the car 3 months prior, so basically they forgot to order the car and when they finally did it got rejected.

There were a few others in the forum who had ordered when I did and had vin #'s on their cars after 12 weeks
What options did you order? How much deposit did you put down?

This sounds like a bunch of crap to me, about the rejection part. They probably forgot to place your order or just didn't want to.

What did you end up doing? Ordering from another dealer? Buying something off the lot?