GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport compliments...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 04:21 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trust me guys, its a lot better then the BMW 5 which you see every once in a while in a 528 version with those boring rims and simple headlights. That car makes me sleepy.
Old 06-22-13, 04:38 PM
CincyBrad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Well maybe you just went for a boring colour? Even I get compliments on mine and its an SUV and I paid the equivalent of $84k on it, and even then, it doesnt have the panoramic sunroof or the fancy gadgets like the side assist and adaptive cruise control. IMHO, the GS450h F Sport costs equivalent to $80k here and ill tell you what, its worth every dime.
Mine is Nebula Gray. I am usually a silver or gray guy. I gave upon black cars years ago, they sure do look sexy when polished and clean, but its not worth the constant effort. Never been a fan of white cars either. So it was Nebula Gray for me.
Old 06-22-13, 04:57 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85

he put it on as an aftermarket....

I don't get compliments really. I get a lot of looks like why is that "kid" driving a brand new Lexus.. I'm 27 but look like i'm in HS I was dropping my mom off at Lexus and was pulling out and got a stare of death the other day from someone who was stopped at the light...
Story of my life lol. I've had a couple of interactions with other GS owners in the past couple of months and all were pretty cool feeling except for this one grouch who looked at me like I stole the car. It was a good 10 seconds.

I have had a good number of compliments though. One memorable one is a guy in a minivan who wanted me to show him what it could do. So I did just that.
Old 06-22-13, 05:34 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Looking for attention and envy?

This thread seems to be a mutual support and admiration thread, and good for you guys that you're so excited about your F-Sports!

Not to burst your respective bubbles fellas, but not only F-Sport drivers get compliments. Mine is a premium with aftermarket 20s, and I get more compliments on this car than any other car I've ever owned, and I've only had my GS less than three months.

I didn't get an F-Sport because I didn't like the aluminum dashboard treatment, but love the natural looking wood in the Premium...and that's what I see every day when I'm behind the wheel. I think Lexus screwed up with this one.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport compliments...-car.jpg  
Old 06-22-13, 05:41 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I disagree. I like the aluminum as do many others. If people want wood, they can get it in the premium
Old 06-22-13, 06:43 PM
lithe
Driver School Candidate

I think all the entries in this class look good (E, 5-Series, M, A6, TL).

I think the best looking is either the F Sport or A6. Still waiting to check out an F Sport in person, all the others around here are pretty common.

No disrespect, but the looks (and dynamics) of the F Sport really transform the car, IMO.
Old 06-22-13, 08:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I got a compliment once at Home Depot when I went to get mulch and the cashier told me she would give me the mulch for free if I gave her my car. Not many other compliments, but I have caught people on two separate occasions giving my GS the once over as I was walking to the car. I agree with the earlier poster who said the interior is pure $60k but the exterior is pretty generic Japanese. Whatever, I only see the inside when I drive the car and I really enjoy it.

I don't think I get many compliments because the silver that I have is more common. The Obsidian looks really tough and sporty, but I'll give up the compliments for all the maintenance that comes with keeping black paint looking good.

I still get the valets to park the car right up front at shows so I can be the first out, so I guess it does have some cred.
Old 06-23-13, 03:14 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I feel like the tri-LED set-up of the GS450h and the front fascia of the F-Sport combine very well to make the GS look easily worth $60+ K and stand out from the usual mid-size luxury sport sedan crowd.

IMO, the GS + F-Sport front + tri-LED lights should have been the stock look. It looks super-aggressive and mean yet very high tech and high-class IMO :

Old 06-23-13, 03:35 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

I like those headlights too and agree, that should be the F-Sport standard with the fog lights. I am surprised that the F-Sport does not come with fog lights.
Old 06-23-13, 04:05 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder which country those LEDs on the GS450h F Sport are standard. In the UK theyre not even on the GS450h Premier which is the top of the line model. Not even available as an option
Old 06-23-13, 04:11 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

If I can order those lights, I will!
Old 06-23-13, 04:43 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
This thread seems to be a mutual support and admiration thread, and good for you guys that you're so excited about your F-Sports!

Not to burst your respective bubbles fellas, but not only F-Sport drivers get compliments. Mine is a premium with aftermarket 20s, and I get more compliments on this car than any other car I've ever owned, and I've only had my GS less than three months.

I didn't get an F-Sport because I didn't like the aluminum dashboard treatment, but love the natural looking wood in the Premium...and that's what I see every day when I'm behind the wheel. I think Lexus screwed up with this one.
And options not available on f-sport.
Old 06-23-13, 04:46 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

... my bubble is not burst.. is that a bad thing?
Old 06-23-13, 05:06 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
I wonder which country those LEDs on the GS450h F Sport are standard. In the UK theyre not even on the GS450h Premier which is the top of the line model. Not even available as an option
I know for a fact that Singapore, Japan, Australia and many European nations get the LEDs with the GS450h including the US. Except that the US doesn't get F-Sport availability with GS hybrid.

Many European video reviews of the GS hybrid shows the car with the tri-LEDs.

The GS hybrid without LEDs seems isolated to the UK.
Old 06-23-13, 01:34 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that 450h is sex.

wish we were able to get the led's as an option

Quick Reply: F-Sport compliments...