GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Question on Driver Seat Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-13, 05:48 PM
carfanmd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question on Driver Seat Comfort

Hello all. New owner of 2013 GS450H. Car is awesome. Love the way it drives and handles. I was not able to get the luxury package due to the fact that they are very rare on the GS450H and so have the standard seats. I find them comfortable other than the fact that they are a bit short in thigh support. Plenty of leg room but the seat ends about 4 inches above my knee. Does anyone else find this to be the case? I have tried every type of adjustment. Has anyone figured out a way to solve this with an aftermarket cushion or other simple fix? If I had my choice I would have purchased the other seats which are great but the car was not available and was a lot more expensive in any case (the GS450H is already pricey) and frankly I did not want anything other than the seats in the Luxury package. They have a leg extender that helps. Anyway, would love some suggestions if you have them. Great car. This is my only concern. Thanks.
Old 06-20-13, 06:32 PM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carfanmd
Hello all. New owner of 2013 GS450H. Car is awesome. Love the way it drives and handles. I was not able to get the luxury package due to the fact that they are very rare on the GS450H and so have the standard seats. I find them comfortable other than the fact that they are a bit short in thigh support. Plenty of leg room but the seat ends about 4 inches above my knee. Does anyone else find this to be the case? I have tried every type of adjustment. Has anyone figured out a way to solve this with an aftermarket cushion or other simple fix? If I had my choice I would have purchased the other seats which are great but the car was not available and was a lot more expensive in any case (the GS450H is already pricey) and frankly I did not want anything other than the seats in the Luxury package. They have a leg extender that helps. Anyway, would love some suggestions if you have them. Great car. This is my only concern. Thanks.
I sat in the basic seat and the one with the thigh extender. I could not get comfortable in the basic GS350 seat so only the luxury or F Sport was an option for me. Honestly, I found the kia Optima limited seat more comfortable than the basic GS350 seat. This held true for the 2013 Nissan Altima vs the basic GS350 car seat.

I had to sell my 2008 GS350 after just a few weeks because the seat hurt my back. I took a big hit because of that poor seat (in my opinion) and I am extra careful not to make that same mistake again. Hence, I spend a lot of time evaluating car seats.
Old 06-20-13, 07:09 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do find a cushion your going to be covering up seat so you will not feel the heated and ventilation..
Old 06-21-13, 06:52 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
If you do find a cushion your going to be covering up seat so you will not feel the heated and ventilation..
I tried several cushions with one costing over $50 with poor results. For some of us (at least me) the thigh extender is ESSENTIAL to relieve pressure and weight off of the lower back/spine.

Want to sit in the best Sports sedan seats in my opinion? Try the BMW 5 series Luxury seat.
It doesn't get much better then that seat except for the 7 series. BMW knows how to design a driver's seat for the middle aged man or woman of 2013 with some back problems.

The Audi A6 seat was inferior to the upgraded Lexus GS 350 car seat (in my opinion).