GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What do you think should change in the facelifted 4.5GS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-13, 12:44 PM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think 3D nav and a bunch of the stuff a lot of you are suggesting would be great but I really think a little foam bumper on the B pillar trim to stop the passenger seat belt buckle from rattling against it would be fantastic. For pete's sake, I have a little bumper in the 2010 Tacoma.....base model!

Last edited by MichaelPea; 06-17-13 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 01:08 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Like most of us, I love the GS. And a facelift is probably something someone can dream of at this time.
I like taking pictures so I have taken quite a good number () of the GS from pretty much most if not all angles. I must agree that the GS does need to be looked at certain angles to be able to see the beauty in it. The front, especially non F Sport, looks so plain when your eye level is not low enough. Someone started a thread saying GS is like a Camry and that thread got closed. I must say that sometimes I'm disappointed looking at the front GS straight down. It's not quite the Camry but it definitely does not look like a luxury car (or that more luxurious compared to a Camry or Honda Accord for that matter). I think the side and the back are more forgiving. Don't get me wrong. I love the car as is. In fact I'm unsure which car will replace it when the lease is up.

Last edited by 1111GS; 06-18-13 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-17-13, 01:23 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I really didn't get a GS because I liked the exterior.I'm not a big fan of the exterior.Obviously don't hate it but not in love with it.
The car is pretty bland from a side view and has a Sonata rear.Also not a fan of the too big to me exhaust ports.Just doesn't look like a $60K car.

It was the interior that got me.I'm big on interior design and quality and it's fantastic.Seat comfort is great too.
Old 06-17-13, 03:36 PM
heasyrider
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
Two Responses:

1 - Any stock wheel can (and in my opinion should) easily be replaced at the time of purchase or lease. Stock wheels - no matter how well designed - are still stock and as such will become relatively ubiquitous in no time. If you're leasing, then negotiate the price of aftermarket wheels down to the dealer's cost, and most of the cost will be backed into the residual value. My upgraded tires and 20" wheels ended up costing me an extra $16 per month on a 36 month lease. Simple.

2. The mouse in the GS is perfectly fine. The sensitivity can be customized to each driver's preference, and it takes only a few hours of driving to get the feel for it. If you're critique of the mouse is actually about its "looks", everyone has different taste, but I'll say again that ergonomically the mouse and the resting pad are totally fine, and need no improvement.
Your GS looks great, however, I feel that in order to increase sales, a sportier design of the stock wheel options could do the trick. I believe the mass market buyer wants to see that car in the showroom and test drive a car, as is, with the cool wheels and everything. This gets them emotionally attached. I just think if we are going to have a discussion on changes this early, this makes sense, especially when you look at the competition's wheels. As far as the mouse, I just like the other Lexus designs better, that are more flush with the console, like the RX, but, it's not a big deal.
Old 06-17-13, 04:34 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by heasyrider
Your GS looks great, however, I feel that in order to increase sales, a sportier design of the stock wheel options could do the trick. I believe the mass market buyer wants to see that car in the showroom and test drive a car, as is, with the cool wheels and everything. This gets them emotionally attached. I just think if we are going to have a discussion on changes this early, this makes sense, especially when you look at the competition's wheels. As far as the mouse, I just like the other Lexus designs better, that are more flush with the console, like the RX, but, it's not a big deal.
Thanks "rider". You make a very good point about the impact that more exciting stock wheels would have on potential buyers.

By the way, I'm not someone who does a lot of social networking, so if I'm posting the picture of my car on too many threads, and reiterating my little story about having gotten 20" black wheels with the car too often, I apologize to those who may find me repetitious.
Old 06-17-13, 05:38 PM
heasyrider
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're welcome. Of course, nothing I have said is going to keep me from buying a GS. It's really the only sports sedan I can see myself in at this time.