GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Which features does the F-Sport lack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-13, 07:12 PM
majin ssj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which features does the F-Sport lack?

Checking on the Lexus website and it appears that a bunch of the luxury features are missing from the F-Sport package? I know about the lack of AFLS and a rear sunshade but the website shows the F-Sport lacks rain sensing wipers and heated/cooled seats. That can't be right can it?
Old 06-08-13, 07:19 PM
GS350Dat
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My F-sport has the rain sensing wipers, heated/cooled seats the rear sunshade. I dont even know what a AFLS is but i am sure its in there too!
Old 06-08-13, 07:21 PM
boukaal
Driver School Candidate

F Sport does have rain sensing wipers, heated and ventilated (not cooled) seats, and rear window shade. Does not have rear side window shades, rear AC & audio controls, fog lights, or as many front passenger seat adjustments.

More info here...

http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/features/options/
Old 06-08-13, 07:59 PM
majin ssj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS350Dat
My F-sport has the rain sensing wipers, heated/cooled seats the rear sunshade. I dont even know what a AFLS is but i am sure its in there too!
AFLS is Active Front Lighting System (adaptive headlights). Did you get the F-Sport package with rear steer and HUD or did you get the basic F-Sport package?
Old 06-08-13, 08:36 PM
GS350Dat
Driver

I think its just the basic package! The other day i just notice the button for the rear shade i was like WOW! LOL still have a few things to learn of this car!
Old 06-08-13, 09:28 PM
majin ssj
Driver School Candidate

Can I ask how much you paid for yours? The one I'm looking at has an MSRP of $56888 but of course I don't intend to pay any where near that...
Old 06-08-13, 10:00 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by majin ssj
AFLS is Active Front Lighting System (adaptive headlights). Did you get the F-Sport package with rear steer and HUD or did you get the basic F-Sport package?
Yea those are basically the only options not available on the f-sport. I have an f-sport with HUD and rear steer and I love it.
Old 06-08-13, 10:27 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Luxury Package-exclusive features:
  • Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
  • Linear espresso wood interior trim
  • Semi-aniline, perforated leather-trimmed interior
  • 18-way (including lumbar) power-adjustable front seats (includes memory settings for both front seats)
  • Rear-seat climate and audio controls
  • Rear-door manual sunshades
  • 18-inch split-nine-spoke alloy wheels with Silver painted finish and all-season tires
Luxury Package-exclusive optional feature:
  • Heated rear seats
Old 06-09-13, 07:01 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yardie876
Yea those are basically the only options not available on the f-sport. I have an f-sport with HUD and rear steer and I love it.
How much does the rear steering add to the car's handling? Can you notice this feature on a routine turn or only at high speeds?
Old 06-09-13, 07:20 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Valueguy
How much does the rear steering add to the car's handling? Can you notice this feature on a routine turn or only at high speeds?
I have not driven a GS without DRS so I have nothing to base it on but I can say it handles very sharp at any speed. It adds dexterity around town for sure. If performance is high on your list of priorities, then I'd get it.
Old 06-09-13, 01:36 PM
stick22
Driver

i really think the DRS (LDH) is very noticeable in tight, low speed turns. it stands out the most for me in parking lots, city driving, and when i need to make u-turns.
Old 06-09-13, 02:18 PM
GS350Dat
Driver

Originally Posted by majin ssj
Can I ask how much you paid for yours? The one I'm looking at has an MSRP of $56888 but of course I don't intend to pay any where near that...
Mine was the AWD with Mark Levison Audio. But Msrp for that is 61,000+ but i got it down to 57,500.
Old 06-09-13, 06:28 PM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stick22
i really think the DRS (LDH) is very noticeable in tight, low speed turns. it stands out the most for me in parking lots, city driving, and when i need to make u-turns.
Thank you. That is much more useful to me than an option which is only good at 100 mph or more.
That said, my GS350 will see 100 mph on more than a few occasions.
Old 06-09-13, 07:21 PM
omaralt
Rookie

IMO the f sport doesn't make sense. You get much more in the luxury package. The adaptive lights are very nice, nicer leather, more comfortable seats (especially passenger seat), rear seat ac controls, shades, etc. the f sport is mostly a cosmetic package (exception being bigger brakes and tires). Oh ya you also lose the fog lights. If you absolutely can't live without the f sport looks get the luxury and add the f sport front bumper and rims. Best of both worlds.

Ps the biggest downside IMO is the steering wheel. I personally preferred the all leather f sport steering wheel
Old 06-09-13, 08:24 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel the Lux is about passengers and not about the driver. And even with my F sport, the wife remarks how comfy the seats are. Side window shades, back seat controls are just more things for my kiddo to mess with and break. Fog lamps are also one thing that is nice, but how often do most people actually use?

The car is geared towards different demographics and I applaud Lexus in their catering to those. I do wish I had an 8 speed tranny, a power trunk, and folding mirrors. But I think the ML stereo is great, the rear steering a nice added performance touch, and the HUD to be something I will seek out on future vehicles. Just wish my polarized sunglasses didn't wash it out as much, but I love my Maui Jim sunglasses.

Quick Reply: Which features does the F-Sport lack?