help please - can't make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-13, 12:51 AM
RomanGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please - can't make up my mind

Hi all, (1st post)
Have been reading you guy's for almost a Year Now : ))
Finally have made up my mind to pull the trigger on a 2013 GS 350, Lux etc...
(Have been a toss up between an Audi A6)
But now can't make up my mind on the color
Favorite choice's are Riviera Red and Deep Sea Mica
HELP............

Also which color shows less dirt, swirls and is easer to keep clean

Thank you for your response's

Last edited by RomanGS; 06-08-13 at 01:09 AM. Reason: additional qestion
Old 06-08-13, 01:44 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RomanGS
Hi all, (1st post)
Have been reading you guy's for almost a Year Now : ))
Finally have made up my mind to pull the trigger on a 2013 GS 350, Lux etc...
(Have been a toss up between an Audi A6)
But now can't make up my mind on the color
Favorite choice's are Riviera Red and Deep Sea Mica
HELP............

Buy whatever you like. Don't worry about the swirls and what not. You just need to learn to love your car and wash it properly and efficiently.

Tools you'll need: Wife, children, and neighbors

WASH:
Actually, just wet the car, let it soak while you mix your bucket of car shampoo. Make sure to keep the car wet... a few minutes of soaking is fine, that should be enough to loosen the dirt. Wash and soap the top section. Spray water. Wash the middle with soap, spray water. Now get low and wash the bottom section (this part takes a little longer because you'll need to rinse out the wash pad often). It's that simple. Just Find tools to work this process faster. Oh, remember to spray the water from the top down, even though you've already washed it; you want to keep the whole car wet. Don't waste water; it won't dry up that quickly.

DRY:
Wet a microfiber, squeeze out the water. Dry out the car with the towel. Water will soak into the microfiber, squeeze it out. continue process untill you get the whole car. It won't be 100% dry using this method but it'll air dry and be spotless.

PROTECT and SHINE:
Now, finish it up with a mist detailer. spray the car, wipe with a microfiber and it'll air dry.

Trust me, it won't take that long to wash.

you can wash the wheels first while you let the car soak. Just make sure the sponge or whatever you use to wash the wheels is separate from the paint/body.

Don't go **** like some of the guys here and yes, I'm sure you may already know how to wash properly... if so, even the more reason to not worry and just get whatever you makes you happy. Enjoy your new car!

Last edited by sam430; 06-08-13 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-08-13, 02:00 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

IMO, I'd go for the deep sea mica. It's a great color for this car. It will probably show dirt and swirls more because its dark, but I think it's worth it. I see one in my neighborhood and think it looks amazing, but not as good as my nebula
Old 06-08-13, 02:35 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Without a doubt the Riviera Red does an amazing job of hiding dirt and dust. I am embarrassed to say but I know this well because over the past three or four months I have been remiss by not having washed mine once and it still looks quite good. The RR is a striking color in its own right as well.
Old 06-08-13, 01:03 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
Buy whatever you like. Don't worry about the swirls and what not. You just need to learn to love your car and wash it properly and efficiently.
Agreed. I don't do traditional wash anymore. I've been using Optimum No Rinse Wash which allows you to wash your car with one bucket of water or two (if you want) anytime, anywhere you want. I also use Adam's Detail Spray which in a way works similar when there's less stuff to clean. If I can take care of black, you should be able to take care of your color of choice. to picking the GS over A6.
Old 06-08-13, 01:26 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The Deep Sea Mica is stunning. Matador Red (IMO) was a better color than the Rivera.

Have you ever seen Meteor Blue in person? It's very nice, So nice in fact I went with it.

I'd go with the blue.....
Attached Thumbnails help please - can't make up my mind-img_2793.jpg  
Old 06-08-13, 01:37 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deep sea mica but i'm biased

some pics of my car
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7950402-post56.html

Last edited by puckhead85; 06-08-13 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-08-13, 07:25 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

I love our Riviera Red!
Attached Thumbnails help please - can't make up my mind-image.jpg  
Old 06-08-13, 07:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by GrdnRxR
The Deep Sea Mica is stunning. Matador Red (IMO) was a better color than the Rivera.

Have you ever seen Meteor Blue in person? It's very nice, So nice in fact I went with it.

I'd go with the blue.....
This is a color you have to see in person to appreciate. I saw one the other day and REALLY liked it. I would buy this over the Deep Sea because its rarer, and its lighter which helps with swirls. Deep Sea is really dark, and swirls will be an issue.
Old 06-08-13, 07:59 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
This is a color you have to see in person to appreciate. I saw one the other day and REALLY liked it. I would buy this over the Deep Sea because its rarer, and its lighter which helps with swirls. Deep Sea is really dark, and swirls will be an issue.
i think the GS looks awesome in every color EXCEPT the satin cashmere metallic..def. not a fan of it (sorry nothing personal )
Old 06-08-13, 08:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

DSM FTW... but i'll have to agree with SW, the MBM will be easier to maintain.
Old 06-08-13, 08:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
i think the GS looks awesome in every color EXCEPT the satin cashmere metallic..def. not a fan of it (sorry nothing personal )
I agree 100%...mine's not satin cashmere so no need to apologize to me...
Old 06-08-13, 11:37 PM
RomanGS
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate all of your words of wisdom
June special Lease Deal has $2500 dealer cash and special financing. On a 57K Lux Model offer is $53K price.
I have a deal offer at Woodland Hills Lexus, 27 month lease, 12k miles for $500/month incl. taxes.
That also includes $2,500 cash down from me.
What do guy's think of that offer ?
Old 06-09-13, 12:33 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate all of your words of wisdom
June special Lease Deal has $2500 dealer cash and special financing. On a 57K Lux Model offer is $53K price.
I have a deal offer at Woodland Hills Lexus, 27 month lease, 12k miles for $500/month incl. taxes.
That also includes $2,500 cash down from me.
What do guy's think of that offer ?
- What is the residual?
- What is the money factor?
- How much down payment?
Old 06-09-13, 01:28 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

What is invoice? How much above or below invoice is it? It's all about invoice pricing plus rebates from the factory. Try not to buy/lease a car based on monthly and down payments. The dealer could be hiding all sorts of profit and you'd not know based on those two numbers.

Color: should be entirely up to you, not others. It's your car. What color do you pesronally see yourself in and most happy with? Do you want to stand out? Bling? Blend in? Look classy? Look executive? Look business smart? Low maintenance? Like working on keeping your car clean? These are the answer to color choice.

Myth-buster: All colors have the exact same amount of swirls. It's either hidden or visible due to the color. Proper waxing helps prevent swirls, which form during washing. Personally, I have not washed my cars since the late 90's. Water ages all surfaces and strips away wax. You'll get a different answer from everyone on this topic. Just keep the car highly waxed and always use clean materials.

Woodland Hills Lexus is somewhat new and claims to be aggressive. Force them to be. Get online or phone quotes from Keyes, Valencia, Glandale, T.O., Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica internet departments. When you pit dealers against each other, prices drop fast. We are fortunate to live in a region with many dealers. Competition is to our advantage.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: help please - can't make up my mind