GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Cleaning the Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 10:32 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zicogold
onexcite where can I order Meguiar's at $25/gal? Up here it is $12 for about 1/8 of a gal and I have spent all my Canadian Tire money already.
Here you go:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiar...384/128-oz-S2/

or here is cheaper with free shipping over $100 spending:

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/meguiars-...tailer-gallon/

I order from both of them and they both excellent. One may have something cheaper than others but something may higher more.

The stuff from gallon jug are same as 16oz retail bottle.
Old 05-24-13, 10:38 AM
zicogold
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I noticed on the JB Tools site there is a product call Meguiar's Last Touch Detailing Spray, any experience with that item?
Old 05-24-13, 11:28 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, I noticed on the JB Tools site there is a product call Meguiar's Last Touch Detailing Spray, any experience with that item?
Instead of Last touch detailing I use Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer :

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/meguiars-...quik-detailer/

Meguiars Super Degreaser for wheels & engine bay:

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/meguiars-...reaser-gallon/

Meguiars Hyper Wash for 2 bucket wash, sometime with foam canon and this make lot of sud, love the smell too:

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/meguiars-...r-wash-gallon/

This is for waxing the car:

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/meguiars-...uid-wax-16-oz/

This is for the tire:

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/meguiars-...ce-high-gloss/

And this for glass:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguiar...P445/128oz-S1/

I'm a bit addicted to Meguiars car care stuff but they made these good. Others brand seem overpriced for me. Already broke after keep buying these Lexus.
Old 05-25-13, 07:29 AM
zicogold
Pole Position

Yes I see...get with the programme.

Last inquiry, with the 3 on 3 season in full swing and both my son and daughter playing Sunday afternoons, their dreaded hockey bags take up the entire trunk so four sticks are in the cabin. What do I use if the roof liner gets hockey tape marks? I have use Scotchgard or Turle Wax Power Out carpet cleaner on the carpets but what would I use on the roof liner?
Old 05-26-13, 08:15 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't you put the sticks in the trunk and have them prutrude through the trap door behind the rear seat armrest? I think there's a small hook they could be tied to, so they're not bouncing around.
Old 05-26-13, 03:46 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

With one bag I can but not with two. My daughters has the rollers and so is even bigger..I am just happy none of them are goalies. Well we only have 5 weeks left in the schedule I have insisted everyone use white tape. Winter hockey is usually on different nights.

I think I have seen at sometime in the past, products for cleaning roof liners exclusively. It is just that the fabric looks and feels delicate and is easily seen.
Old 05-26-13, 06:49 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With one bag I can but not with two. My daughters has the rollers and so is even bigger..I am just happy none of them are goalies. Well we only have 5 weeks left in the schedule I have insisted everyone use white tape. Winter hockey is usually on different nights.

I think I have seen at sometime in the past, products for cleaning roof liners exclusively. It is just that the fabric looks and feels delicate and is easily seen.
First, how do you handle the smell of 2 hockey bags, I could barely take the smell of 1 and that was my own!
When I was in High school, my ES had a pass through like the GS were I would put the sticks through. From the sticks I would get marks on the trunk pass through door. So I would keep 2 plastic super market bags in the trunk and just put ends of the sticks in them and tie the ends/handle together.

PS who are rooting for in the playoffs?
Old 05-28-13, 03:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

For roof liners I usually use just a standard carpet cleaner. Trick is to spray onto your cloth and then clean, be sure not to saturate the liner.
Old 05-28-13, 07:28 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somewhere, there's a thread about bikes and trailer hitches. Once they have a hitch for this car, inabout 6 weeks, you need to buy a little trailer for your hockey bags. One guy on that thread has a picture of his old GS with a trailer. Then you can haul gear for the whole team.
Old 05-29-13, 09:56 AM
zicogold
Pole Position

You know I have been thinking that Thule or someone may have a roof rack for the sticks. The best part of summer hockey is walking outside to a blistering hot day.
Old 05-30-13, 10:35 AM
zicogold
Pole Position

It seems the outdoorsy types over at a Subaru forum have run into the problem of how to carry your sticks to the game. A gentleman from Quebec is using a Thule rack for his wooden sticks! He must be a defenseman's defenseman. Seems it also will carry your skis.

Cleaning the Interior-dsc01317.jpg
Old 11-07-13, 10:09 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems the outdoorsy types over at a Subaru forum have run into the problem of how to carry your sticks to the game. A gentleman from Quebec is using a Thule rack for his wooden sticks! He must be a defenseman's defenseman. Seems it also will carry your skis.

Attachment 284949
stumbled accross this thread when searching-- that's an awesome idea as a former hockey player, although I doubt my mom or dad wanted that on the LS400 back in the day when taking me and my brother to the rink...

Back on topic. Anyone use auto finesse spritz or total interior? I just want something to keep around for touch-ups in-between when I take my car in to be washed (by hand of course) I just want something to wipe down the dash/doors and wipe down the seats.
Thanks as always!

Last edited by puckhead85; 11-07-13 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-08-13, 06:15 AM
jucytec
Rookie

my spit and a dirty rag always seems to do the trick.