GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Got Some Sage RCA kits!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 03:19 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
So you never installed yours?
I tried and my mechanic said at the time it wouldn't not sure why but since that I decided to not install them.
Old 12-04-15, 06:47 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I tried and my mechanic said at the time it wouldn't not sure why but since that I decided to not install them.
I see. All is needed is for the sleeves to fit, with good enough surface area, and the bolts are long enough.
Old 12-09-15, 12:52 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTG
So these could be used to lower the front even more with drop springs?
That would solve the issue of the rear being lower than the front that is a common issue with drop springs!
I was worried about this issues as well before putting in my springs after reading up here and looking at photos. however it was suggested that when installed the springs in the front, that the front suspension be loaded before putting it in. my car doesn't sit higher in the front
Old 12-09-15, 12:57 PM
SSTG
Driver

Originally Posted by gs350guy
I was worried about this issues as well before putting in my springs after reading up here and looking at photos. however it was suggested that when installed the springs in the front, that the front suspension be loaded before putting it in. my car doesn't sit higher in the front
Thank you for the info!
Do you mind posting up exactly what you did to "load" the suspension?
Old 12-30-15, 12:04 AM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SSTG
Thank you for the info!
Do you mind posting up exactly what you did to "load" the suspension?
i had the car on a porta lift so it was easy to out a jack under the and push up the suspension as if it was on the ground. then i tightened everything. also when putting the coils in (using a stand up coil compressor) i seated the coil then backed it off again and seated it down to make sure the upper cups were in the correct position when was the stock ones... hence the end of the coil touching the top plate where it dead ends the end of the coil. should have took photos but i hope you know what i am talking about.
Old 12-30-15, 01:33 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs350guy
i had the car on a porta lift so it was easy to out a jack under the and push up the suspension as if it was on the ground. then i tightened everything. also when putting the coils in (using a stand up coil compressor) i seated the coil then backed it off again and seated it down to make sure the upper cups were in the correct position when was the stock ones... hence the end of the coil touching the top plate where it dead ends the end of the coil. should have took photos but i hope you know what i am talking about.
Supplement. YouTube have videos on it. Search preload coilovers
Old 12-30-15, 07:10 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sam430
Supplement. YouTube have videos on it. Search preload coilovers
yep that is some good info there. BUT........

those are coilovers... these are springs we are talking about. totally different meaning. lol! i am talking about loading the suspension. Tanabe will also tell you the same thing that this is what they recommend.

pre load on coilovers is the load you put on the coil when adjusting the spring perches. there are not spring perches on the OE struts.
Old 04-01-16, 08:10 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigblack06
So if anyone from the 3GS remembers these they will know what I'm talking about. I plan to get them installed after I come back from vacation or hopefully earlier if I get my car back. These aluminum blocks are an alternative to lowering your car without springs that may cause issue's with the AWD system and also keeps everything OEM. I will keep you all posted when they are installed and will post pics of the process. Also these are for the front only, not sure how it will turn out but I'm sure I'll find out. These are for a small 20mm drop so hope it doesn't look weird.
Attachment 283698
OK guys, just to let you know, these will not work with the 4GS. The ring insert is taller and slightly larger than the 3gs version. The ring won't fit the RCA. I think it's dangerious to install without the ring as it prevents the joints from sliding.

I guess I'll have to sell mine to the 3 GS group.