GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-13, 09:22 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Front portion

Do not attempt to "smoke" or "bake" the front emblem-->see picture. At night though, it looks real good, in the day, as you see it here. Tinting is a better option probably. I am still happy with it, but that is the only thing I would do over.
Attached Thumbnails Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0126.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0130.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0124.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0125.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0135.jpg  

Old 06-16-13, 09:24 PM
FsportAlex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great.
Old 06-16-13, 09:29 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FsportAlex
Looks great.
Thank you sir! As does yours, as seen in your thread. I guess we both need better cameras though!
Old 06-17-13, 04:43 AM
hksboost
Rookie

Sitting awesomely and the black treatment done perfectly
Old 06-17-13, 10:57 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Default Almost complete for now (black calipers w/ white f sport sticker remains)

Rims: Vossen CV5 20 x 9 (+38) and 20 x 10.5 (+45)
Tires: Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 245/35/20 and 275/30/20
No rubbing with 2 people in car on left or right U-turns or when getting in or out of driveway, an lowered on RSR super downs. It is tucked for springs, so there is a good potential to rub (see pics). I always drive in sport + though

After the long process of rim shopping, the choice was the CV5. I looked at every 5 spoke out there and this one not not only had the best design for my taste but it allowed for me to color match, which will not happen anymore. The plan was to color match the machined portions to the nebula gray car color, subtle and probably only noticed when up close, but unique. My paint guy told me the machined finish would be easier to work with (because I wanted to order the matte graphite which I thought I might actually like and save $500) so I ordered them. Yesterday he tried to mask it off and discovered that the bends between the spokes pealed and he would not be able to spray the machined portion up to his standards because he would get overspray on the matte graphite section I wasnt down with that. So we went back to the drawing board, considered vinyl wrapping them, but ultimately I decided to leave the rims as is (on the bright side I guess factory warranty is still alive and well). I wanted to keep with the stealth look and keep the rims "dark" as well, but I am actually really happy and the finish of the rims has grown on me already. Especially after seeing the car in motion. Enough of my cars life story.

I just want to thank Saint's Motorsports out here in Central Cali. I have brainstormed with the owner since last December, and he is a class act. Also, thanks to GetYourWheels.com for their awesome pricing and solid service. Even having to pay sales tax, they offered the best pricing.
Attached Thumbnails Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0136.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0153.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0152.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0148.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0147.jpg  

Last edited by GSthe4th; 06-17-13 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 11:05 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Default A few more

A couple more pics to see how it sits. It has been fun CL. No more mods for me for at least a year. It's $$$$. Thanks to all those who proudly post their pictures on this forum. It is nice to get motivation and inspiration (and to see all the flavor out there) from people you dont know.
Attached Thumbnails Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0150.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0151.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0149.jpg   Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport-img_0139.jpg  
Old 06-18-13, 01:31 AM
hksboost
Rookie

OMG, Holy Awesome and sitting perfectly with the new wheels
Old 06-18-13, 10:50 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hksboost
OMG, Holy Awesome and sitting perfectly with the new wheels
Haha!! Thanks for the kind words. I honestly wish I had an external camera projecting rolling footage of the car directly into the large monitor on board!! Like with most things, pictures dont do full justice.
Old 06-18-13, 11:51 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks AMAAAAZZZINNNGGGG! :O I cant wait to get some twinkies for the GS . I swear CL is like an enzyme to the mod bug
Old 06-19-13, 09:23 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow .. this is a lot of added camber!

Old 06-19-13, 10:59 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Looks AMAAAAZZZINNNGGGG! :O I cant wait to get some twinkies for the GS . I swear CL is like an enzyme to the mod bug
Twinkies!! HAvent heard that one in a a bit. Thank you for the amazing use of the word AMAZING! And yes this site fueled my obsession (as well) to the point my wife told me to just "do it" because I was annoying the s##t out of her. I will continue to follow your car, awaiting your mods, love to see what you do with the nebula!

Originally Posted by terrycs
Wow .. this is a lot of added camber!
Yeah unfortunately it is. But what can you do? Nothing as of now without a camber kit, just see how the Vred's hold up. That shot was taken on a crowned street. After driving for a few days, I notice that about 1/2-3/4 inch of the outside rear tire tread is still dark, meaning little if any surface contact. Unfortunate, but part of the game, and well worth the look

Last edited by GSthe4th; 06-22-13 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-22-13, 08:23 AM
jvjr9902
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
A couple more pics to see how it sits. It has been fun CL. No more mods for me for at least a year. It's $$$$. Thanks to all those who proudly post their pictures on this forum. It is nice to get motivation and inspiration (and to see all the flavor out there) from people you dont know.
Very nice outcome there, now im thinking of doing blackout too on my nebula. But thinking of vinyl wrapping it. What do you think?
Old 06-22-13, 09:46 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

HOT DAMN! Your car is killer! I'm thinking of blacking out all my chrome too. This pretty much solidified that decision!
Old 06-22-13, 05:49 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jvjr9902
Very nice outcome there, now im thinking of doing blackout too on my nebula. But thinking of vinyl wrapping it. What do you think?
Thank you much. I think blacking out the nebula is a great choice (obviously), its actually pretty subtle but gives the car a stealth look overall, and an almost panoramic look on the sides with a tint. As far as vinyl, I think that is a good option versus painting. Allows it to be reversed if needed. I felt the paint would be a more prominent black and it was recommended over vinyl wrapping. Let me know your decision!
Old 06-22-13, 06:19 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yardie876
HOT DAMN! Your car is killer! I'm thinking of blacking out all my chrome too. This pretty much solidified that decision!
Yeah buddy! haha, thank you for the compliment. I think your car would look killer as well (LP right?) blacked out. Love to see the results

Quick Reply: Chromeless Nebula Gray F sport