GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Please Help! New Wheels and Tires Rub!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-13, 02:50 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed Lexani directly so I can have something in writing from them to take to discount tire. I also told them I want to be included in the conversation with them next time. Hopefully they will resolve this matter or I've wasted a ton of money on something my wife will not drive!
Old 05-07-13, 03:22 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UKNOWME
So now Discount Tire is telling me that Lexani tells them the 35mm will hit the caliper and that I need to drop down in tire size. This is getting frustrating!
It would be your disk size that would matter not your offset regarding your calipers. Disk is the center of your rim. its usually three sizes low, med/standard, high. The only rims that wont matter in disk regarding calipers are super concave rims. High and sometimes med (depend on caliper) should be on the front.
Old 05-07-13, 03:38 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4thGNGS350
If you check throughout this forum, you will find several examples of wheels with 35mm - 45mm offsets that do not have your issue. Based on that I find it hard to believe either Discount or Lexani.
It also depends on what kind of rims he has. concave, super concave, flat face, 3 piece, 2 piece, 1 piece, step lip, reverse lip, etc can factor the rims. Also not all companies follow the same offset chart. For example I had Work Equips 18X9.5 offset -3 high desk flat face reverse lip 3 piece and Advan Version 2 18X9.5 offset -3 high desk concave reverse lip 2 piece weld for the fronts of my 240 and the Advans was less then half an inch less lip compared to the Works. Also the Equips rub my fenders but i was using the same tires size and same spec except that it was flat face and a 3 piece.

Last edited by DoriSaru15; 05-07-13 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-07-13, 04:14 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
It also depends on what kind of rims he has. concave, super concave, flat face, 3 piece, 2 piece, 1 piece, step lip, reverse lip, etc can factor the rims. Also not all companies follow the same offset chart. For example I had Work Equips 18X9.5 offset -3 high desk flat face reverse lip 3 piece and Advan Version 2 18X9.5 offset -3 high desk concave reverse lip 2 piece weld for the fronts of my 240 and the Advans was less then half an inch less lip compared to the Works. Also the Equips rub my fenders but i was using the same tires size and same spec except that it was flat face and a 3 piece.
They are a concave wheel although the front is pretty much flat. Vossen makes the same type (concave) wheel and they aren't having any problems.
Old 05-07-13, 04:36 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

They are a concave wheel although the front is pretty much flat. Vossen makes the same type (concave) wheel and they aren't having any problems.
Vossen do make concave rims but that doesn't mean they use the same engineering as the other company. My guess would be the disk that is giving you the problem.
Old 05-07-13, 05:27 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I sure am glad I like the stock setup.
Old 05-07-13, 06:01 PM
LexFather

The front offset is way to off, I know we sell a +32 and +38 for the front so a +35 should work. Tire sizes are fine.

I just don't know how they let this happen, isn't the stock offset a +40 or so and they sold you a +20? I hope you get it resolved and sorry to hear about the issues.
Old 05-08-13, 06:10 AM
UKNOWME
Driver

Originally Posted by Blueprint
The front offset is way to off, I know we sell a +32 and +38 for the front so a +35 should work. Tire sizes are fine.

I just don't know how they let this happen, isn't the stock offset a +40 or so and they sold you a +20? I hope you get it resolved and sorry to hear about the issues.
Stock is +45. Lexani emailed me back and this is what they said...

"The correct sizing for our styles are:
20x8.5 +20 offset
20x9.0 +25 offset
Both will clear the caliper perfect
The correct tire size should be 255/30R20
See pictures below
None of our wheels will fit that car with +35 offsets, only 3 piece"

I don't know what to do anymore!
Old 05-13-13, 10:16 AM
UKNOWME
Driver

Newest update:
I took the GS to Discount tire and they installed 235/35r20 tires on the front. The tires seem stretched for that rim but maximum rim width according to Nitto is a 9". The do not rub the inner fender liner or hit the fender going through dips anymore. I still think the wheel sticks out too far. They pretty much told me "it is what it is. we found a solution to your problem". So looks like I can put the smaller tires on or pay for new rims AGAIN out of pocket.
Old 05-13-13, 10:20 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Newest update:
I took the GS to Discount tire and they installed 235/35r20 tires on the front. The tires seem stretched for that rim but maximum rim width according to Nitto is a 9". The do not rub the inner fender liner or hit the fender going through dips anymore. I still think the wheel sticks out too far. They pretty much told me "it is what it is. we found a solution to your problem". So looks like I can put the smaller tires on or pay for new rims AGAIN out of pocket.
Can you post up some pictures?

Last edited by terrycs; 05-13-13 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-13-13, 03:54 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

I can't seem to post a pic. I keep getting an error
Old 05-13-13, 04:03 PM
terrycs
Instructor

I can't seem to post a pic. I keep getting an error
Easier to create a free account at photobucket dot com. Then create links to photos here.
Old 05-20-13, 01:39 PM
UKNOWME
Driver

Lexani has come to the conclusion that these wheels will not fit my car. SUPRISE! I had to argue but after 3 weeks of fighting this battle Discount Tire agreed to return the wheels and order me a set of Vossens and I pay the difference. If all this goes down as I've been told I will be a very happy camper!
Old 05-20-13, 02:28 PM
terrycs
Instructor

Lexani has come to the conclusion that these wheels will not fit my car. SUPRISE! I had to argue but after 3 weeks of fighting this battle Discount Tire agreed to return the wheels and order me a set of Vossens and I pay the difference. If all this goes down as I've been told I will be a very happy camper!
Glad to hear. Looking forward to seeing what you got.
Old 05-26-13, 09:05 AM
UKNOWME
Driver

Finally had success in uploading a picture to show my dilemma
Attached Thumbnails Please Help! New Wheels and Tires Rub!-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Please Help! New Wheels and Tires Rub!