My New GS, My First Lexus, Yay!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 10:27 AM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Nice upgrade!!!
Thanks Blueprint! Nice to know that a Lexus devotee such as yourself likes the look.

The matte black wheels were a pretty bold choice for a guy like me, but in recent times I've come to find the "look" really compelling, or as my nephew says "they look sick".
Old 04-26-13, 11:57 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
The F Sport wheels sure look more spindly in that color.
i was thinking the same thing but asked anyway...

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
The wheels are Ace Convex in Matte Black. The F Sport wheels are 19s, these are 20's. I didn't go with the F Sport for two reasons: I don't like the aluminum interior panels (love the dark wood on mine), and Sport + mode wasn't worth the money for the few times a month I'd get to really use it in the canyons.
ah, so they're not F Sport wheels... i kind of figured that but still had to ask.
Old 04-26-13, 12:30 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Default These wheels are not really "spindly"....

Spindly usually means thin, weak, and insubstantial...not characteristics one would want in a set of wheels. Here's a better picture.
Attached Thumbnails My New GS, My First Lexus, Yay!-ace_convex_matte_black_g.jpg  
Old 04-26-13, 08:43 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! Welcome and congrats! I'm on my 13th month with my GS F-Sport (7800 miles) and still love every minute of driving it.
Old 04-27-13, 08:06 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Congrats, I see you added the spolier, what kind of rims are those.
Old 04-27-13, 11:26 AM
CincyBrad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

I was in the same boat as you, I was an Acura guy, but couldn't stomach the designs anymore to buy another one.
Old 04-27-13, 12:10 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Default my rims

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats, I see you added the spolier, what kind of rims are those.
The rims are made by Ace. The model is Convex. The color is matte black. I went with 20", so that put me into a 35 series tire. I chose Sumitomo HTRZ III tires after reading lots of reviews on different club sites. Very happy with the set up. Aftermarket rims are such a great way to make a car uniquely your own.

After so many leases through the years this was the first time had the dealer do a mod. Fortunately I got the dealer to do it at a deep discount, and factored most of the cost into the residual on the lease, so my lease payment only went up slightly.
Old 04-27-13, 12:14 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CincyBrad
Welcome!

I was in the same boat as you, I was an Acura guy, but couldn't stomach the designs anymore to buy another one.
Absolutely, and when the new RL came out I couldn't believe Acura was still sticking with the same silly looking beak on the grill, and had kept the car so ordinary looking. I already pretty much knew I wanted a GS, but once I saw the RL there was no turning back.

What was your last Acura?
Old 04-27-13, 01:43 PM
CincyBrad
Driver

Absolutely, and when the new RL came out I couldn't believe Acura was still sticking with the same silly looking beak on the grill, and had kept the car so ordinary looking. I already pretty much knew I wanted a GS, but once I saw the RL there was no turning back.

What was your last Acura?
I had a 2008 TL Type S, the last of nice looking TL's. The 2009+ are pretty awful. I did look at a new TL before getting the GS, the front isn't as bad as the 2009 model, but the rear is still pretty fugly. The new RL is a joke, especially given its new price range. There are a lot of former Acura guys here Iike us.
Old 04-29-13, 08:24 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyBrad
I had a 2008 TL Type S, the last of nice looking TL's. The 2009+ are pretty awful. I did look at a new TL before getting the GS, the front isn't as bad as the 2009 model, but the rear is still pretty fugly. The new RL is a joke, especially given its new price range. There are a lot of former Acura guys here Iike us.
I didn't switch directly from Acura, but I had an '04 TL (great car) and an '05 RL (ho hum) and haven't even considered Acura with their latest models.
Old 04-29-13, 11:00 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the GS and welcome to Club Lexus
Old 04-30-13, 04:42 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

nice...car looks great...welcome to the fun club
Old 04-30-13, 05:55 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Good choice. I agree with you about the interior. That's why I opted for the luxury over Fsport. I didn't care for the aluminum trim either.

Your wheels look great.
Old 05-03-13, 12:18 AM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Vasili
Good choice. I agree with you about the interior. That's why I opted for the luxury over Fsport. I didn't care for the aluminum trim either.

Your wheels look great.
Thanks Vasili. Yeah, I really gave the F Sport a lot of thought, and I considered the Luxury model, but in the end the Premium with matte Walnut dash was much more my style, and I didn't want the aluminum interior treatment at all. So then it was just a matter of choosing wheels and tires to make the care uniquely mine.

I'm now considering one more minor mod...matte black treatment to the chrome on the grill, fog light rings, rear deck lid emblem, and the thin chrome piece on the deck lid. I found out about a shop in Burbank that will do it all for $300.
Old 05-03-13, 06:56 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

The rims are made by Ace. The model is Convex. The color is matte black. I went with 20", so that put me into a 35 series tire. I chose Sumitomo HTRZ III tires after reading lots of reviews on different club sites. Very happy with the set up. Aftermarket rims are such a great way to make a car uniquely your own.

After so many leases through the years this was the first time had the dealer do a mod. Fortunately I got the dealer to do it at a deep discount, and factored most of the cost into the residual on the lease, so my lease payment only went up slightly.
Not bad! got any other plans for her.

Quick Reply: My New GS, My First Lexus, Yay!