GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rattles, rattles, and more rattles.

Old 04-07-13, 12:04 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rattles, rattles, and more rattles.

I absolutely love the car, but man are there rattles.

took the 405S in los angeles today, ya its bumpy and a lot of construction going on but the car was so noisy inside.

1) all of my doors, when you firmly press the top horizontal strip right under the window, you hear the adhesive make a noise, and everything i go over bumps i hear it.
2)the center of dash right above navi, same thing, pretty it firmly and you hear the adhesive.
3) i THINK the seat belts were rattling too.
4) i have ML audio, and the music i was listening to today were making the window and door lock switches rattle as well.

i know there is a TSB to 'fix' the doors for ML rattles, but what about the adhesive noise..i don't think it's anything they can fix, and even if they were to replace the doors, i bet it would come back again.

i've read a lot of rattle complaints about this car in this forum, kind of sucks about the rattles, i don't expect a perfectly quiet car, but i didn't expect these rattles either.

/end rant
Old 04-07-13, 12:23 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Yep, I hate the rattling in my car which I paid 60k for it. It is driving me nuts when u pay so much for a car that rattle. I got a IS before the GS, it never rattle. =.=
Old 04-07-13, 04:46 AM
JT51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=modthispny;7869289]I absolutely love the car, but man are there rattles.

3) I THINK the seat belts were rattling too.

Passenger seat belt, definitely, hitting the side, just buckled mine to stop it. Other than that, so far, nothing else to drive my wife crazy. She is oblivious to any noise, but, I hear everything, so, it is really me that drives her crazy tracking down rattles, squeaks, buzzes.

My last two cars horrible sound makers. 2005 Subaru Legacy GT and worst and most expensive, 2007 Porsche Cayman which was afflicted with, both B pillar squeaks, storage compartment squeaks, rear hatch thump and squeaks, speaker squeaks, dash board squeaks, push your drivers seat all the way back and you got squeak and rattle coming from somewhere, but worst of all, and the one that made me trade in a car that I loved driving more than any I have owned was the warning beep when something was wrong, a little ding sound, which was tolerable when the car was covered by a CPO and no money was leaving my pocket, but unacceptable at its constant reminder that I would soon pay for the privilege of the annoyance.
Old 04-07-13, 07:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

When were your GS's manufactured? No rattles in mine, 6600 miles.
Old 04-07-13, 08:28 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Originally Posted by modthispny
I absolutely love the car, but man are there rattles.

took the 405S in los angeles today, ya its bumpy and a lot of construction going on but the car was so noisy inside.

1) all of my doors, when you firmly press the top horizontal strip right under the window, you hear the adhesive make a noise, and everything i go over bumps i hear it.
2)the center of dash right above navi, same thing, pretty it firmly and you hear the adhesive.
3) i THINK the seat belts were rattling too.
4) i have ML audio, and the music i was listening to today were making the window and door lock switches rattle as well.

i know there is a TSB to 'fix' the doors for ML rattles, but what about the adhesive noise..i don't think it's anything they can fix, and even if they were to replace the doors, i bet it would come back again.

i've read a lot of rattle complaints about this car in this forum, kind of sucks about the rattles, i don't expect a perfectly quiet car, but i didn't expect these rattles either.

/end rant
I have an intermittent rattle in mine in the dash trim piece that surrounds the nav display...If I press on the trim piece, the rattle goes away. There are three screws that hold that piece in place (as far as I can tell), but I am going to let the dealership try and fix it first before I start digging into it...I don't want to over-tighten and crack something!
Old 04-07-13, 08:54 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
When were your GS's manufactured? No rattles in mine, 6600 miles.
Mine too. I'm surprised to hear about all the rattles. Mine has been absolutely rattle-free and solid as a rock.
The following users liked this post:
RichKnecht (02-21-20)
Old 04-07-13, 08:59 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Same here I haven't heard anything.
Old 04-07-13, 09:06 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No rattles here. I have the first GS from Feb of 2012 and it only has a clunk noise from suspension on certain bumps that will be looked at by factory reps soon.
Old 04-07-13, 09:16 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Mine is silent. It arrived in the CONUS in late May, 2012.
Old 04-07-13, 09:20 AM
ialexxx
Driver

Just got my car back the other day form the dealership. I thought the rattles were coming from my roomroof, but apparently there was a loose clip on the windshield. Cars rattle free. **** was freaking killing me.
Old 04-07-13, 09:24 AM
e39ng
Lead Lap

My production date is 1/14/12 and I dont have any rattles.
Old 04-07-13, 09:27 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

No rattles in mine and in cold weather when rattles usually appear.I hate rattles.
6/12 production date.
Old 04-07-13, 09:43 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

my biggest issue is the adhesive noise, when you guys press firmly w 2 hands about 3 inches apart on the horizontal strip right above the nuluxe leather on the door(right under the glass), do you hear anything?

that's my biggest gripe.
Old 04-07-13, 09:49 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Originally Posted by modthispny
my biggest issue is the adhesive noise, when you guys press firmly w 2 hands about 3 inches apart on the horizontal strip right above the nuluxe leather on the door(right under the glass), do you hear anything?

that's my biggest gripe.
No, I don't have that one, thank goodness!
Old 04-07-13, 09:58 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has been solid too. Sorry to hear about your issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rattles, rattles, and more rattles.