GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I'm giving up...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-13, 12:56 PM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm giving up...

I never touched or hit anything while driving/parking and still every time I looks my car a bit closely I see scratches, nicks, dents etc... No way to have a pristine car in NYC, no way... I have to stop worrying about it and accept the fact that there are may careless (idiots) drivers. The garage people won't win a trophy as well...
Old 04-05-13, 01:09 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i feel you Leo, it's a no win. i've watched people brush against the front of a car when there is 10ft. of space between your car and the car in front. don't let them have bags in their hand. i can be sitting at a light, there is a huge crosswalk... why are my front sensors going off, because they are way to close to the front bumper when the crosswalk is 5ft. in front of the car. i hear you, i'll never get used to it either. BTW i'll never park in a garage, those people are the worst. i was coming from the auto show today, walking down 34th st. and watched a valet hit a pole with a Range Rover and left a long scratch on the side. i don't want to hear i'm sorry or i didn't do it, so i find a spot on the street far away from everything and in Manhattan that's damn near impossible.
Old 04-05-13, 01:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Yeah living in a city is a car lovers worst nightmare...
Old 04-05-13, 01:46 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is why you run Starfire Pearl baby!
Old 04-05-13, 01:53 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo23
I never touched or hit anything while driving/parking and still every time I looks my car a bit closely I see scratches, nicks, dents etc... No way to have a pristine car in NYC, no way....
One thing I noticed on LI... more auto body shops than one could imagine. People out there are scary with cars.

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
That is why you run Starfire Pearl baby!

....Because Starfire Pearl magically deflects scratches and dents from careless people?
Old 04-05-13, 02:04 PM
Leo23
Driver

I think the dents I'm getting would show on any color, including white.

Yesterday I saw a dent on the driver's door and today on the very front beautiful bumper (did I say beautiful?).
I live in the city and the garage is "mandatory"! That's another reason not to get a fancier car like your LS (Syd). I would get proportionally bigger pains in my chest at the sights! It's discouraging , sorry guys for the rant, I had to pull it off...
Old 04-05-13, 02:10 PM
052SI
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish Lexus offered tasteful body side mouldings as an option.
Old 04-05-13, 02:40 PM
ialexxx
Driver

I feel you Leo, I guess that I am just lucky because evertime I am in the city I am near Baruch or Chinatown so i just park in automatoion( automated parking lot). I dont want anyone touching my car, had a bunch of bad experience in the past.Have you thought about investing in a clearbra?
Old 04-05-13, 04:32 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I hate nyc also northern Jersey. .even the drivers are always aggressive..inconsiderate. .always trying to cut everyone even if there is not any room to go anywhere. I am surprised anyone would have nice car intact for more than as month

Originally Posted by Leo23
I never touched or hit anything while driving/parking and still every time I looks my car a bit closely I see scratches, nicks, dents etc... No way to have a pristine car in NYC, no way... I have to stop worrying about it and accept the fact that there are may careless (idiots) drivers. The garage people won't win a trophy as well...

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-05-13, 05:10 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

yea i stopped caring too, honestly, this saying is very true, the more you care, the more things will happen.

i used to be super **** with this car, TWO days after i got it professionally polished, all swirls removed, scratches, etc, a freaking RACCOON walked all over the hood and roof of car putting scratches.

enjoy the car, care for it, but if you go too overboard scratches and stuff will somehow find a way to the car.
Old 04-05-13, 06:25 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
yea i stopped caring too, honestly, this saying is very true, the more you care, the more things will happen.

i used to be super **** with this car, TWO days after i got it professionally polished, all swirls removed, scratches, etc, a freaking RACCOON walked all over the hood and roof of car putting scratches.

enjoy the car, care for it, but if you go too overboard scratches and stuff will somehow find a way to the car.
Man that is so true! I dont abuse my car and I take care of it but I am kind of like "oh well" if something happens, and I swear less stuff seems to happen. i use to be super **** too and man that was a headache.
Old 04-05-13, 06:56 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny

Agreed with all of what you guys say guys. My big door ding (I should have known better than to take my car to Ikea) is something I look at whenever I get into my car.

Quick raccoon / Lexus story. Our family friends have an LS... and the parents were sleeping. They heard a scratching at the window. They thought it was a burgler. Turned on the lights and heard more noises, rumbling, a couple of thuds a HUGE bang and the car alarm going off.

Somehow the raccoon survived, but it went from pawing at a third floor window to rolling down the roof, falling three stories (and taking down a few branches on the way down) and smashing into the car. The dent is HUGE (I say is because it happened like 5 years ago and they won't fix it). Thanks for reading my special story

PS: Raccoons are a huge problem in Toronto. I have to not only worry about them falling or walking on my car, tearing open my garbage, attacking our dogs at night (even though they don't attack, if they're cornered... watch out dog), but now also have to deal with their car all over our porch where my kids will play in the summer.
Old 04-05-13, 07:28 PM
Leo23
Driver

Originally Posted by ialexxx
I feel you Leo, I guess that I am just lucky because evertime I am in the city I am near Baruch or Chinatown so i just park in automatoion( automated parking lot). I dont want anyone touching my car, had a bunch of bad experience in the past.Have you thought about investing in a clearbra?
Thanks, but I really have to get over and not to think much about it. I guess its part of NY life. Nothing can prevent dings caused by careless people. It's inevitable, it happened to my previous cars. for a while I thought for this one it would have been different...
Old 04-06-13, 07:50 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Man I feel your pain, the paint itself is not that great, it's actually terrible how much this paint protects, it does look great but it sure does scratch easily.
Old 04-06-13, 09:33 AM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Originally Posted by mehran888
Agreed with all of what you guys say guys. My big door ding (I should have known better than to take my car to Ikea) is something I look at whenever I get into my car.
Have you tried a paintless dent removal service? I had a small door dent fixed that way and you can't even tell it was ever there, and I have obsidian. Plus they come to your door.

Quick Reply: I'm giving up...