GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

lets innovate

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-13, 12:08 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets innovate

let's make some suggestions to lexus, possibly suggest some inventions for them to patent.
i'll start with a couple easy ones:
1. new color for us old folks: Retirement Red
2. i want my GS 350 to text me when it's time to go and when the temperature is at 68 degrees. remote start is old technology.
Old 04-03-13, 12:23 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Originally Posted by larryinWA
let's make some suggestions to lexus, possibly suggest some inventions for them to patent.
i'll start with a couple easy ones:
1. new color for us old folks: Retirement Red
2. i want my GS 350 to text me when it's time to go and when the temperature is at 68 degrees. remote start is old technology.
When my car is on the ship, en route to the usa, i want it to send me texts to gather information about my preferences, so that it's all set when it arrives: seat position, radio presets, itunes info from the cloud, default temperature, etc,
Old 04-03-13, 12:31 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

When my car is on the ship, en route to the usa, i want it to send me texts to gather information about my preferences, so that it's all set when it arrives: seat position, radio presets, itunes info from the cloud, default temperature, etc,
For DIY'ers, integrate a connection to the service manuals and maintenance records. Then i can ask the car to send me the steps for replacing brake pads or tell it to record the fact that i just replaced the starter.
Old 04-03-13, 09:27 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'll be happy if their was a way to track it's progress, ie building, on the boat etc with an ETA so i don't have to bug the sales people.
Old 04-03-13, 09:52 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
i'll be happy if their was a way to track it's progress, ie building, on the boat etc with an ETA so i don't have to bug the sales people.
that's why they are there... for people like us to bug them. wealthy consumers do it all the time and trust me they don't have to deal with the BS the same as we do.
Old 04-03-13, 01:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

On the Jeep forum I post on they do have the ability to track the vehicles by VIN, it shows them in the process, when its in interior, when its in paint, etc. Pretty cool.
Old 04-03-13, 02:17 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW10ES
On the Jeep forum I post on they do have the ability to track the vehicles by VIN, it shows them in the process, when its in interior, when its in paint, etc. Pretty cool.
See that's what I want! So my OCD will be happy. Speaking of which, wouldn't it be cool if lexus had a Japanese delivery similar to BMW but only in Japan. I would love to do that, bonus if I could see my car actually being built Although the workers would prob kill me, "eh I'm not a fan of that piece of wood, what else you got"
Old 04-03-13, 07:54 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Originally Posted by puckhead85
I found an app for the iPhone called Marine Traffic. I think that will work for tracking the ship. I think i just need to get the dealer to find the name of the ship.
Old 04-03-13, 08:31 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Default Tell Lexus

Since they have voice recognition now, I want to be able to give a command, "Tell Lexus", and have it capture the next few sentences I speak and transmit them to the folks in Japan. Might be a complaint, or a suggestion, but they should want to hear what we have to say. Why didn't they think of this?

Last edited by larryinWA; 04-03-13 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-04-13, 05:04 AM
nyjklein
Driver School Candidate

Since they have voice recognition now, I want to be able to give a command, "Tell Lexus", and have it capture the next few sentences I speak and transmit them to the folks in Japan. Might be a complaint, or a suggestion, but they should want to hear what we have to say. Why didn't they think of this?
Because they have this new invention called a phone
Old 04-04-13, 11:06 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Try calling Lexus in japan to offer a suggestion. Let me know how that works out. Maybe it will, but it's more efficient for them to capture your suggestion in a searchable database, instead of answering phone calls.
Old 04-04-13, 11:35 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

If the car has a VIN, and it's in the system, they can tell you the name of the ship. It's been on every pre-sale vehicle form they have sent me, to detail the options of the vehicle they are trying to sell me. Every single one has the ship, port, and assigned dealer number.

With all the other technology Lexus has installed, it would seem they're behind on their tracking systems. Or at least, to the consumer. The Japanese are known for their LEAN systems and "Just In Time Inventory", so you know they have to have the tracking systems in the background...