GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I now have pwr trunk & mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-13, 04:32 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

I was wondering what the thread was going to be named. When someone said these features were going to cost you an arm and leg, that person really meant it! I'm happy for you buddy. Congrats. You still owe this forum one thing. Before you depart, you need to post some pictures of your ex with the OC coating. I dont think we have one here.
Enjoy your new ride and dont forget about the "little people".
Old 03-31-13, 04:42 PM
ialexxx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Opticoat is great, Ive had it on my car for over half a year, but it doesn't really prevent scratches and swirls. Its just that its a lot harder to swirl and marr opticoat.
Old 03-31-13, 04:48 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic

P3290023 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

P3290022 by sydtoosic, on Flickr

IMG_0572 by sydtoosic, on Flickr
picked her up yesterday, my only complaint is that it's too damn quiet inside this car. will put wheels on her, not sure about dropping her yet. hope you guys don't mind me sharing even though i no longer have the GS. they could not figure out why my car would stop for no reason while switching lanes... it happened twice, once with my kids in the car so i'd made up my mind right then and there that the car was going back. Keith Drago, Joe Montana and Stephen Torrens of Rockville Centre in Long Island called Lexus Customer Care and went to bat for me. the GMs boss also had a hand in the decision. i'm very happy with how it all turned out.
Congratulations, I really know that you will love the LS. I still have obsidian itch, love the black on black.
Old 03-31-13, 05:10 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by dochusar
Congratulations, I really know that you will love the LS. I still have obsidian itch, love the black on black.
One of these days he will say, "I miss the OB." "OB is the curse of Lexus paint."
Old 03-31-13, 05:10 PM
ShermanMR2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry about PCS. I've got it and love it. The only time it makes a sound is when you deserve for it to go off.
Old 03-31-13, 06:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I was wondering what the thread was going to be named. When someone said these features were going to cost you an arm and leg, that person really meant it! I'm happy for you buddy. Congrats. You still owe this forum one thing. Before you depart, you need to post some pictures of your ex with the OC coating. I dont think we have one here.
Enjoy your new ride and dont forget about the "little people".
i forgot to add the V8 engine. thanx BN, and i'm a CL member for life, so you guys are stuck with me . only got to take a couple of pics after the OC2.0 so at BN's request here's one...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8544401880/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8544401880/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

ok here's one more...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8543303429/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8543303429/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

Originally Posted by ialexxx
Opticoat is great, Ive had it on my car for over half a year, but it doesn't really prevent scratches and swirls. Its just that its a lot harder to swirl and marr opticoat.
OC2.0 is a great coating but you have to use the same technique when washing even after the coating is applied.

Originally Posted by dochusar
i was waiting for you to chime in young man, thanx. you have been busy i see... an LS F Sport and a 2013 GX or is it an LX? loving the LS already.

Originally Posted by bnlexus
One of these days he will say, "I miss the OB." "OB is the curse of Lexus paint."
i will always miss the Obsidian... just not the maintenance.

Originally Posted by ShermanMR2
Don't worry about PCS. I've got it and love it. The only time it makes a sound is when you deserve for it to go off.
not true young man. there was a glitch in my PCS system, i am 100% convinced.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 03-31-13 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-31-13, 06:56 PM
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ialexxx
Do you guys know of any detailers in the DC/MD/VA metro area that will prep and apply OC for you? I just viewed the application process on YouTube and would feel more comfortable with someone who's done this before. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-13, 07:07 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stinker
Do you guys know of any detailers in the DC/MD/VA metro area that will prep and apply OC for you? I just viewed the application process on YouTube and would feel more comfortable with someone who's done this before. Thanks in advance.
check Phil on Detailers Domain, he'll be able to give you the name of a good detailer in your area. he's a vendor here so his # is attached... go to top of pg. click sponsors and go down to detailers domain, his # is there.
Old 03-31-13, 08:44 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Syd!! I knew you were going to go for it! Have fun with that beast and lets see some nice rims soon!
Old 03-31-13, 09:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Congrats Syd!! I knew you were going to go for it! Have fun with that beast and lets see some nice rims soon!
thanx REX, it should be a crime to have this much fun in a car (GS FSport included) and yes i'll buy some shoes for her and post the pics.
Old 03-31-13, 09:36 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Syd!

The ride on the LS really quiet, it make me easy fall as sleep and lazy! The car absolutely beauty and comfy for all passenger. The LS is one of the car on my "bucket list".
Old 03-31-13, 09:42 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Syd is making me a bit jealous. I want the LS F-sport now but I am too young to go for that car now. I will enjoy the GS F-sport with 2 years left on lease.
Old 03-31-13, 10:18 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by onexcite
Congrats Syd!

The ride on the LS really quiet, it make me easy fall as sleep and lazy! The car absolutely beauty and comfy for all passenger. The LS is one of the car on my "bucket list".
thanx excite, take your bucket and turn it over and the LS is going to fall out. i've driven lots of car but never anything like this LS. i had to force myself to come home and park it... i didn't want to stop driving it.

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Syd is making me a bit jealous. I want the LS F-sport now but I am too young to go for that car now. I will enjoy the GS F-sport with 2 years left on lease.
The LS is an old farts car is a misconception. i don't feel old while driving it . no one has said "hey old man" when i get out of the car either. the LS F Sport is no different, IMO just a cosmetic difference, it has the same HP and Torque, oh and the AVS. i test drove the LS F Sport in sport+ and there was really not much difference in ride as opposed to the GS F Sport in sport+. the ride is still ultra plush.
Old 03-31-13, 10:56 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll take a rain check for your advice, if I turn it over now my wife will "turn" me out of the house. I'm a bit jealous of you too. I took a 40 minutes test drive on the LS before, didn't want to turn back to dealer lot.
Old 03-31-13, 11:07 PM
ShermanMR2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Syd did Lexus buy back your GS? If so did you sign a NDA? Love Love Love your new LS.

Quick Reply: I now have pwr trunk & mirrors