GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Expresso Wood

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-13, 11:53 AM
zicogold
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Expresso Wood

We had originally ordered walnut to go with the cabernet leather. We were surprised to find the expresso wood trim in our car when we went to pick it up. However, we reluctantly accepted the delivery.

Now after a couple of months we really like the look and as spring is lighting up the interior of the car the expresso wood is starting show it's depth. However the striations in the wood trim is not as apparent in my steering wheel. What is your experience with the walnut, expresso and aluminum options?
Old 03-24-13, 12:21 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember seeing a thread on here somewhere. I think it was determined that because the wheel isn't flat and its 3-deminsional it causes the grain to be different.

edit - check this thread out https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ide-janky.html
Old 03-24-13, 12:53 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

Thanks for the info Puckhead85. I am not too fussed about the steering wheel. As I said my wife and I really like the expresso wood and I am impressed with manufacturing process behind it.
Old 03-24-13, 01:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

how did you get Espresso wood with Cab interior? is that an option in Canada?
Old 03-24-13, 01:45 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh no...not again on this topic...
Old 03-24-13, 01:50 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
how did you get Espresso wood with Cab interior? is that an option in Canada?
That's what I was wondering.
Old 03-24-13, 04:54 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj4246
That's what I was wondering.
I'm asking this as well, how did you get wood in a GS F-Sport.
Old 03-24-13, 06:25 PM
zicogold
Pole Position

Sydtoosic, my apologies, we have the saddle tan leather and the linear espresso wood trim.

Wishful thinking, I would have preferred the cab leather, which I think would look quite nice with the nebula grey pearl exterior paint. Hey Lexus are you listening to this.

BTW, I think it is the Lexus magazine on the Lexus Drivers site that recommends cleaning the leather only with a dry or a damp microfiber cloth. There is a leather care under the Armor All brand, has anyone tried it?
Old 03-24-13, 06:48 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by zicogold
Sydtoosic, my apologies, we have the saddle tan leather and the linear espresso wood trim.

Wishful thinking, I would have preferred the cab leather, which I think would look quite nice with the nebula grey pearl exterior paint. Hey Lexus are you listening to this.

BTW, I think it is the Lexus magazine on the Lexus Drivers site that recommends cleaning the leather only with a dry or a damp microfiber cloth. There is a leather care under the Armor All brand, has anyone tried it?
I don't believe in the armor all brand. I wouldn't buy any of it, try the Lexus car cleaner or the sonax leather cleaner.
Old 03-24-13, 07:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zicogold

apologies not needed, we all have our wishful thinking moments .
Old 03-24-13, 07:52 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

im assuming you got the luxury package and thats why your car came with espresso trim as you cannot get walnut if you chose that package.
Old 09-19-14, 04:47 AM
Wilyak
Driver School Candidate

Default Removing Aluminium trim

This is my first forum post and I hang in Melbourne Australia. My 4 Gen GS F Sport with aluminium trim was customised by a young child (not mine) with a toy who put small dents in nearly all the panels. I could repair them so can someone help with advice on how to remove the door and dash trims. Enjoying the comments.
Old 09-19-14, 06:29 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilyak
This is my first forum post and I hang in Melbourne Australia. My 4 Gen GS F Sport with aluminium trim was customised by a young child (not mine) with a toy who put small dents in nearly all the panels. I could repair them so can someone help with advice on how to remove the door and dash trims. Enjoying the comments.
You're in luck. There is a TSB on the aluminum trim (well, in the US anyway). You can get them switched out for free. There's a thread on it:http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-f...atchplate.html
Old 09-19-14, 07:24 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
apologies not needed, we all have our wishful thinking moments .
Yes, we do. Visualizing the Cabernet interior with Espresso Wood was making me all excited.
Old 09-25-14, 09:13 PM
RLtoGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm thinking of changing out the interior to the Bamboo trim that the GS450h has.

I'm still deciding if I like the look.

Quick Reply: Expresso Wood