What is he charging you?

Mo
Old 08-07-13, 04:16 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by MoizV
What is he charging you?

Mo
He won't charge me tell it arrives, but $220.
Old 08-07-13, 07:20 PM
GtiB
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got it with my F sport, plus remote ignition ..
you cant get this feature unless you go for the f sport package. (Middle east options)
Old 12-01-13, 06:12 PM
mshmsh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old subject but still no solution.
I found this card key #8990430770 sold outside the US. I'm bringing it with me to the US when I come back on December 15th, then will try to program it on my F sport at my dealer in Arizona. The number I mentioned is not available in the US for some reason, everyone who was trying to order it goes back with no luck so I purchased this damn thing from another country to see according to the guy who written on page 2 in this thread he did program it on an F sport and it works perfectly.

I am not sleeping until this card key works on my car LOL
Old 12-02-13, 06:47 PM
5thavenue
Rookie

Originally Posted by mshmsh
Old subject but still no solution.
I found this card key #8990430770 sold outside the US. I'm bringing it with me to the US when I come back on December 15th, then will try to program it on my F sport at my dealer in Arizona. The number I mentioned is not available in the US for some reason, everyone who was trying to order it goes back with no luck so I purchased this damn thing from another country to see according to the guy who written on page 2 in this thread he did program it on an F sport and it works perfectly.

I am not sleeping until this card key works on my car LOL
I have a question.
What is the FCC ID on the back of your 2 key fobs that came with the vehicle?
Is it HYQ14FBA?

I'd also like to know the FCC ID on the back of the key fobs from those who have cars in the middle east.

I'm wondering if the FCC IDs are different.
In my experience, the middle east often gets older keyless entry technology installed in their vehicles, which might explain why the credit card keys still work on some of theirs.

The key fobs with FCC ID HYQ14FBA operate on 2 different frequencies.
I'm not sure if Lexus has developed a smart access card that can hop frequencies like the key fobs do. This might explain why cars in the US do not get the smart card since they are using a more sophisticated keyless system for which smart access cards have not been developed. Or maybe only the f-sports get the older technology while the luxury package owners get the newer technology.

Of course, I don't know the answers and I've only seen limited data from any of the users on here so it is hard to understand why some people can get smart cards to work and others cannot.
Old 12-02-13, 07:22 PM
mshmsh
Driver

Originally Posted by 5thavenue
I have a question.
What is the FCC ID on the back of your 2 key fobs that came with the vehicle?
Is it HYQ14FBA?

I'd also like to know the FCC ID on the back of the key fobs from those who have cars in the middle east.

I'm wondering if the FCC IDs are different.
In my experience, the middle east often gets older keyless entry technology installed in their vehicles, which might explain why the credit card keys still work on some of theirs.

The key fobs with FCC ID HYQ14FBA operate on 2 different frequencies.
I'm not sure if Lexus has developed a smart access card that can hop frequencies like the key fobs do. This might explain why cars in the US do not get the smart card since they are using a more sophisticated keyless system for which smart access cards have not been developed. Or maybe only the f-sports get the older technology while the luxury package owners get the newer technology.

Of course, I don't know the answers and I've only seen limited data from any of the users on here so it is hard to understand why some people can get smart cards to work and others cannot.
yes mine has this: HYQ14FBA
all Lexus in middle east actually got more options and better features than Lexuss in US. the part number I mentioned is actually new number for card key. the GS F sport in middle east comes with card key as standard but not the luxury package. and for some reason the luxury package in US can have card key programed easily but not the F sport! so it's damn confusing. if you go back and read on page 2 in this thread you will find a guy from CA actually ordered the same part number I just purchased and programmed it on his F sport! he is in US and US spec GS.

so I just paid about $290 for the same part number he mentioned on page 2 and will see if it programs on my car, otherwise, I just lost $290 and wasting time on nothing LOL
Old 01-16-14, 11:29 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by mshmsh
yes mine has this: HYQ14FBA
all Lexus in middle east actually got more options and better features than Lexuss in US. the part number I mentioned is actually new number for card key. the GS F sport in middle east comes with card key as standard but not the luxury package. and for some reason the luxury package in US can have card key programed easily but not the F sport! so it's damn confusing. if you go back and read on page 2 in this thread you will find a guy from CA actually ordered the same part number I just purchased and programmed it on his F sport! he is in US and US spec GS.

so I just paid about $290 for the same part number he mentioned on page 2 and will see if it programs on my car, otherwise, I just lost $290 and wasting time on nothing LOL
Old thread but did you get it to work.
Old 03-07-14, 10:09 AM
kydoshin
Driver School Candidate

Came in for an oil change today and asked if they could provide me with the part numbers to the smart key card. This is what he sent me. I have a F-Sport model and it works perfectly fine. Hope this helps anyone who's still interested.
Attached Thumbnails Smart Card Working?-untitled.png  
Old 03-09-14, 11:31 PM
mshmsh
Driver

Originally Posted by kydoshin
Came in for an oil change today and asked if they could provide me with the part numbers to the smart key card. This is what he sent me. I have a F-Sport model and it works perfectly fine. Hope this helps anyone who's still interested.
I found this part number on Sewell and its the only card key that is expensive than any card key for any other GS so I think this might be programble on gs f sport models
Old 03-10-14, 06:59 AM
bigblack06

have any of you ordered it and recieved it yet if so let me know cause I would def like to order this stat.
Old 03-10-14, 09:57 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a '14 GS w/Lux pkg. I haven't heard of a smart key card before. If you have a Smart Key and a Smart card in your wallet, will they conflict. It may sound stupid, but I would pobably use the card as a backup incase while out I lose the key.
Old 03-10-14, 11:33 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dougm213
I have a '14 GS w/Lux pkg. I haven't heard of a smart key card before. If you have a Smart Key and a Smart card in your wallet, will they conflict. It may sound stupid, but I would pobably use the card as a backup incase while out I lose the key.
I don't think they would conflict.
Old 07-28-14, 12:35 AM
toekneeXD
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone tried this, and had it working for the f-sport models?
Old 07-28-14, 09:08 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

So, mshmsh...did you get the card key to work, that you ordered 8 months ago?
Old 07-28-14, 11:34 AM
EP101
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dougm213
I have the smart card for my 2010 RX350 and, in my case, the two keys are not conflicting.

Quick Reply: Smart Card Working?