GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-sport Brake noise TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 08:42 AM
Ravishah89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I just took my car in today for the issue. I bought a 2013 GS350 AWD in October with 5k miles. I've heard the squeaking since I bought it and finally took it in. The guy says it's normal but I don't think it is. Happens on cold start like the rest of you guys. The first post, the pictures got deleted and seemed like vital information. Can someone please repost it. Please help, Thanks!

Here is a video of how my car sounds when the sound isn't at it's loudest.

Old 10-01-15, 04:15 PM
cmdace18
Driver

Is there a current TSB for '15 FSport for the brakes and or pads? Can someone post it? Thank you
Old 12-18-15, 09:03 AM
sakuragrl
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hm, the pictures are unavailable so I can't view it. I took my car to the dealership and they said it should be worn off over time. Two months later and it as loud and obnoxious as ever. D:
Old 01-04-16, 01:55 PM
Lexed350
Driver School Candidate

Default No luck with brake issue

I left my car with the dealer over the weekend regarding the squealing brakes. Service advisor said they cannot replicate and that my pads are good. Therefore they will not address the brake issue.

Anyone has the exact TSB number? The first image post of the actual TSB has been deleted.

Any help would be appreciated. They still have my car. Thanks.
Old 01-12-16, 03:51 PM
Lexed350
Driver School Candidate

Default L-SB-0016-13 is the TSB for the Front Brake Squeak

Originally Posted by Lexed350
I left my car with the dealer over the weekend regarding the squealing brakes. Service advisor said they cannot replicate and that my pads are good. Therefore they will not address the brake issue.

Anyone has the exact TSB number? The first image post of the actual TSB has been deleted.

Any help would be appreciated. They still have my car. Thanks.
For the benefit of those who have not yet resolved this brake issue. Just had mine done under this TSB. There is still a minor sqeak (same amount as the 2016 IS 250 loaner car I had) but not as embarrassing before I got the repair. I can live with it.
Old 01-30-18, 08:03 AM
DmitriyZ
Driver School Candidate

Let me join here to those who have asked for the TSB - my dealer is trying not to hear this awful squeaking sound and says it's normal.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-31-18, 06:44 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DmitriyZ
Let me join here to those who have asked for the TSB - my dealer is trying not to hear this awful squeaking sound and says it's normal.
Thanks in advance
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if your car isn't RWD, you're basically **** out of luck. My dealer basically told me as much and I have a 2015 AWD f-sport.... rumor has it that using alternative pads will kill the squeal, eg, Akebono or other brands.

-Mike
Old 02-01-18, 02:44 PM
talltrini1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to get my new to me 2014 (bought last September) covered under this TSB, even showed it to them, but they insisted that they were within spec and fine. Even with the clicking noise on right turns, and it's a L-certified car that I bought from them and had all prior services performed by them
Old 02-01-18, 05:24 PM
DmitriyZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drgrant
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if your car isn't RWD, you're basically **** out of luck. My dealer basically told me as much and I have a 2015 AWD f-sport.... rumor has it that using alternative pads will kill the squeal, eg, Akebono or other brands.

-Mike
thank you for pointing that out.
I'm a happy owner of GS350 2014 F-Sport RWD (w/ ML)
Old 02-02-18, 07:31 AM
Will31894
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont own a GS but instead an 2016 IS(fsport) and these squeaking noises I also had as well. I went to lexus and they changed the breaks and resurfaced rotors twice but the sound always came back. I heard it especially when going through a drive thru or in closed spaces. I ended changing to akebono pads, bought them from pep boys and had someone I trust place them in. I can say after about 5k miles there is no noise when I break!
Old 02-07-18, 10:16 AM
DmitriyZ
Driver School Candidate

It seems that it depends on a particular Lexus dealership. After several rounds of negotiations, I was able to convince my local Lexus dealership to replace both front brake pads and rotors because of this squeaking noise. They admitted that it is a known issue and there is a TSB for that. Though the overall experience was not so pleasant: they did the work but tried to express their displeasure. Being honest, I didn't get it: I gave them a work and that was paid by Lexus Motors (I've seen the bill), but instead of thanking me and treating as a valuable customer - they did everything so I wouldn't come back but rather look for alternative dealerships.
Old 02-21-18, 08:42 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, I went and replaced my rotor and brake pads... it squeals like hell. I did go after market prior but decided to get all oem stuff. Don't go with OEM pads, they are loud AF. I'll be switching to aftermarket very soon if it doesn't go a away after a few weeks.

The first time I did this TSB, they shaved my rotors... I could have just replaced my pads instead (ceramic pads).
Old 04-15-18, 11:54 AM
gsrsx13
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did the TSB for my gs 350 brakes at 20k. because my two piece brake had a clicking noise when I did u turns, but now at 27k I have this squealing noise when I brake at stop lights,

I would much prefer the clicking because it was only heard when turning?

what can I do? change brake pads? or rotors?
Old 04-15-18, 12:17 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrsx13
did the TSB for my gs 350 brakes at 20k. because my two piece brake had a clicking noise when I did u turns, but now at 27k I have this squealing noise when I brake at stop lights,

I would much prefer the clicking because it was only heard when turning?

what can I do? change brake pads? or rotors?
u can try diff rotor and pads, rr racing made rotor for our cars. I don't know if urs is rwd or not
Old 07-07-18, 07:54 AM
ripclaw
Driver School Candidate

Is this the same TSB for 2015 models or is there a newer one?

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=178936

Quick Reply: F-sport Brake noise TSB