GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

SP/Cabernet F Sport parked at Lakewood Liquors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 08:38 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SP/Cabernet F Sport parked at Lakewood Liquors?

I see a SP/Cabernet F Sport parked at Lakewood Liquors on my way home every day. Anyone here?

(I know, I'm opening the thread for lots of interesting comments.)
Old 02-07-13, 05:29 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I really think us 4GS owners should have a stickied spotted thread for ourselves. I see so many on the road now and wonder if they're on here lol.
Old 02-07-13, 08:22 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Well, the car was parked there again today, so I'm assuming 1) he/she isn't on this forum and 2) he/she either works there or has a drinking problem!
Old 02-07-13, 08:54 PM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I really think us 4GS owners should have a stickied spotted thread for ourselves. I see so many on the road now and wonder if they're on here lol.
Really? I dont see many gs on the roads at all and i drive ~60 miles a day 4 times a week
Old 02-07-13, 09:08 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

In Houston they are getting pretty popular. I drive over 120 miles a day 7 days a week. Live in Sugar Land work in Channelview, TX. See quite a few everyday.
Old 02-08-13, 05:24 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

They really hit off here in South Florida. I see at least two a day. A healthy mix of lady drivers too.
Old 02-08-13, 06:44 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Well, the car was parked there again today, so I'm assuming 1) he/she isn't on this forum and 2) he/she either works there or has a drinking problem!
3. Both 1 and 2 are correct
4. Neither 1 or 2 is correct
Old 02-08-13, 07:21 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
They really hit off here in South Florida. I see at least two a day. A healthy mix of lady drivers too.
I saw one black premium in the parking lot at a get together the other day. Got so excited. To my surprise the owner is a female in her late 50s. I lost my excitement and didn't even start the conversation.
Originally Posted by mush
Really? I dont see many gs on the roads at all and i drive ~60 miles a day 4 times a week
I drive 40/day/7days a week and don't see that many either. One weekend, I saw five of which 3 were in the same parking lot with me that day. I don't think I saw any this past two weeks. I see Rx everywhere, some IS and ES. At first it couldn't tell IS, ES apart from GS when going opposite direction. Now I can spot GS fairly easy. The one that still confuses me is the CT. From far away, the headlamp housing looks so much like the GS. But when it gets closer, you can tell from the grille.
Old 02-08-13, 08:03 AM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CT has an area under the low beam thats not lit
Old 02-08-13, 08:29 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I saw one black premium in the parking lot at a get together the other day. Got so excited. To my surprise the owner is a female in her late 50s. I lost my excitement and didn't even start the conversation.

I drive 40/day/7days a week and don't see that many either. One weekend, I saw five of which 3 were in the same parking lot with me that day. I don't think I saw any this past two weeks. I see Rx everywhere, some IS and ES. At first it couldn't tell IS, ES apart from GS when going opposite direction. Now I can spot GS fairly easy. The one that still confuses me is the CT. From far away, the headlamp housing looks so much like the GS. But when it gets closer, you can tell from the grille.

Yeah I've been doing double takes on CT's a few times. They do look similar especially at night. I've think I've saw less than ten GS in my area since they came out last February.
Old 02-08-13, 06:33 PM
SKA430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a SP/Cabernet F Sport parked at Lakewood Liquors on my way home every day. Anyone here?

(I know, I'm opening the thread for lots of interesting comments.)
haha...my ex wife was driving my son home from school the other day and they called me at work to make sure I was there because they thought I was parked at the liquor store! I guess that must have been the one! I live in East Dallas too.
Old 02-08-13, 07:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SKA430
haha...my ex wife was driving my son home from school the other day and they called me at work to make sure I was there because they thought I was parked at the liquor store! I guess that must have been the one! I live in East Dallas too.
That's a great story! It's a new one. It has a temp tag. You have a twin!
Old 02-08-13, 08:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus

now that wasn't nice BN...lol. you should have at least introduced yourself and complimented her on her ride.
Old 02-09-13, 08:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
now that wasn't nice BN...lol. you should have at least introduced yourself and complimented her on her ride.
Hell, I see young guys (30's/40's) driving GS F Sports and they don't even acknowledge me. I can only imagine the response from a woman in her late 50's. I literally chased down a guy in a 4GS when they first came out (I was driving my Audi S5 that I was trading in) and told him it was sharp and that I had one on order. He laughed at me like I just got out of the psycho ward. Last time for that.

We could start a whole string about the lack of camaraderie amongst Lexus owners. I'll bet there is more thumbs up and rolling down of windows amongst BMW drivers. Just sayin.
Old 02-09-13, 08:09 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hell, I see young guys (30's/40's) driving GS F Sports and they don't even acknowledge me. I can only imagine the response from a woman in her late 50's. I literally chased down a guy in a 4GS when they first came out (I was driving my Audi S5 that I was trading in) and told him it was sharp and that I had one on order. He laughed at me like I just got out of the psycho ward. Last time for that.

We could start a whole string about the lack of camaraderie amongst Lexus owners. I'll bet there is more thumbs up and rolling down of windows amongst BMW drivers. Just sayin.
come to think of it, i do get more comps from BMW and AUDI owners. but i rarely see GS F sports here. maybe 2 a week if that and they're base models.

Quick Reply: SP/Cabernet F Sport parked at Lakewood Liquors?