GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Gs350 bbk update

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-13, 05:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
I just dropped off my car to Stoptech Brakes for an R&D of the front and the rear brakes, as some of u know that I had the fronts done about 4 months ago, so they gonna redo the fronts and new kit for the rear, I will keep u guys posted , I should have it by friday.
can't wait to see this... need a review on how different the feel is.
Old 01-29-13, 08:29 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
can't wait to see this... need a review on how different the feel is.
For sure Syd, when I had the front ones it was wow it stopped on a dime.so I will see wht they gonna do.I know its gonna be very nice
Old 01-29-13, 08:32 PM
LexFather

Calipers are different on the F-sport front to the premium/luxury/hybrid GS. Rears seem to be the same. I've been tempted to either paint the front on the car or go with a BBK but only a full 4 piece kit.

Can't wait to see pics.
Old 01-29-13, 08:36 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The F sport calipers can be had for around $1000. I don't know what it cost for the two piece rotors.
Old 01-29-13, 08:41 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Ok cool, I wasn't too sure about the caliper. Still, it's pretty big for a 4 piston. I think someone should try powdercoating the stock calipers, I think they would be very surprised.
was thinking about poowdercoating it blue and put a logo on it, since the stock f sport caliper seems big already.
Old 01-30-13, 07:49 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by richard203
was thinking about poowdercoating it blue and put a logo on it, since the stock f sport caliper seems big already.
You can do that , there are some guys who have done it on the forum look in to it, I would paint it , it would last longer instead of powder coating it, because if u gonna powder coat it , u have to take the caliper put and send it out and make sure they don;t mess up the seal on the pistons, or u can get the paint urself which they sell online and cover everything and paint it nicely, or have some body do it for u, just an advice .
Old 02-06-13, 01:38 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

I just got the car back yesterday, the brakes looks great , as I brought the car in so I can clean it so I can take a pic so I can post it, this customer of mine pulls in with the Army edition hummer, and he wants to back out, he takes out my taillight with his grill, ouch that made my day from happy to one pissed off guy.
Old 02-06-13, 03:23 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do that , there are some guys who have done it on the forum look in to it, I would paint it , it would last longer instead of powder coating it, because if u gonna powder coat it , u have to take the caliper put and send it out and make sure they don;t mess up the seal on the pistons, or u can get the paint urself which they sell online and cover everything and paint it nicely, or have some body do it for u, just an advice .
Painting is not good. It wont last longer then powder coating. I learned the hard way when i painted my supra brakes for my SC. Once you bleed the brakes and have brake fluid dripping it will eat the paint. The best is powder coating. It will hold much longer to spills and brake dust.

I just got the car back yesterday, the brakes looks great , as I brought the car in so I can clean it so I can take a pic so I can post it, this customer of mine pulls in with the Army edition hummer, and he wants to back out, he takes out my taillight with his grill, ouch that made my day from happy to one pissed off guy.
That suck is it just your tail lights?
Old 02-06-13, 03:36 PM
buffguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e39ng
Brembo has the GT kit for front and rear. I ordered them already...takes a few weeks to come.
How much does the Brembo BBK cost for the GS?
Old 02-06-13, 04:07 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Brembo kit retails for $4595 and the rear for $3695 when I checked , I dont know how much did E39eng paid for.
Old 02-06-13, 04:08 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
Painting is not good. It wont last longer then powder coating. I learned the hard way when i painted my supra brakes for my SC. Once you bleed the brakes and have brake fluid dripping it will eat the paint. The best is powder coating. It will hold much longer to spills and brake dust.

That suck is it just your tail lights?
Thank God it was only a taillight, I just got it and put it on, looks like new again.
Old 02-07-13, 11:11 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still waiting for your pictures!
Old 02-07-13, 01:21 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

I will by this weekend , I have to give it a nice bath first, I am just waiting for this rain to pass us tomorrow .
Old 02-07-13, 03:07 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

"WOW" i know you were in a homicidal state... i would have been. it's not a lucky situation but luckily it was just the tail light. did you take pics? post one if you can. did he get any other part of the car in or around the headlight area. i'm pissed for you. what's the damage for a new tail light? i need a before and after pic. how are the brakes looking?
Old 02-07-13, 03:22 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I will by this weekend , I have to give it a nice bath first, I am just waiting for this rain to pass us tomorrow .
Pics or it didn't happen.....

~ Joe Z

Quick Reply: Gs350 bbk update