2014 Release?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-13, 11:23 AM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
ML on F-sport depends on the dealer.

when i got my car, keyes lexus, all f-sports had ML, blind spot, and parking assist.
The same is true for Longo, South Bay Lexus, & Jim Faulk in Beverly Hills. All F-Sports had ML, BSM, & PA. Not a one had DRH, HUD, or PCS. I think it is a So Cal thing to include ML, BSM, & PA.
Old 01-29-13, 11:26 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

my car is fully loaded, although i find myself using the BSM, PA and the HUD more than any of the other toys. the DRCC, PCS, LKA and DAM i hardly use. so my next car will only have the BSM, PA, CTM and HUD. the ML is good although they need to figure out how to insulate the rattles in the doors caused by the ML. i'm taking my car in thursday so i'll see if they can try something different this time.
Old 01-29-13, 11:39 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
my car is fully loaded, although i find myself using the BSM, PA and the HUD more than any of the other toys. the DRCC, PCS, LKA and DAM i hardly use. so my next car will only have the BSM, PA, CTM and HUD. the ML is good although they need to figure out how to insulate the rattles in the doors caused by the ML. i'm taking my car in thursday so i'll see if they can try something different this time.
yea the rattles are annoying, forces me to turn the volume down. its not for all songs though, i think its just a certain bass frequency but wish the doors were quieter.
Old 01-29-13, 01:05 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VMM
Thanks. I'll have to look that one up. My local dealer tells me that very few people are getting the upgrades like the heads up display, Lane departure warning, etc. Seems like blind spot monitor is pretty common. My hesitation is the 6 speed versus the 8 speed.
I had an 8-speed in my previous IS-F and the damn thing was like my daughter with the DirecTV remote: she (my daughter and the car) could never find the right channel/gear. The 6-speed in the GS is just fine by my me.
Old 01-29-13, 05:52 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Depends on area most dealers have pretty standard options on the cars they stock, only way you find some high end options is if someone didnt want their special order.
Old 01-29-13, 07:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
I had an 8-speed in my previous IS-F and the damn thing was like my daughter with the DirecTV remote: she (my daughter and the car) could never find the right channel/gear. The 6-speed in the GS is just fine by my me.
Well said! The 6-speed works its magic just fine.

Re: the options, I love the HUD and almost never look at the speedo anymore. The parking assist is also very helpful, but it is oversensitive and starts beeping even when you think about getting near an object. Anyway, better safe than sorry. The BSM is okay, although I still look over my shoulder. Most F Sports at Sewell didn't have ML. I special ordered mine and love it
Old 01-29-13, 07:53 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I would think very few people are getting HUD,Radar Cruise,Lane Departure because very few come in with those options and none in most areas.You have to special order.
6 Speed vs 8 speed isn't a big deal to me.
They'll be some nice improvements in the midcycle refresh model in '15 or '16.
Toyota always holds back things for the refresh to get more sales.
Another reason why few people are getting these options is the lack of demo cars. with the options.
I got all of these options, except for the HUD, and had to order "blind". Probably would have gotten the HUD as well, if I had seen it on a car.
Old 01-30-13, 05:22 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I think the AWD cars lack these options because they push the vehicle, when equipped with the F Sport or Luxury Packages, in to the $60,000+ range; which is a psychological barrier. The car would turn from a "$50,000 car" in to a "$60,000 car" in people's heads.
Old 01-30-13, 05:28 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrage
I think the AWD cars lack these options because they push the vehicle, when equipped with the F Sport or Luxury Packages, in to the $60,000+ range; which is a psychological barrier. The car would turn from a "$50,000 car" in to a "$60,000 car" in people's heads.
True,just like the $19.99 informercial products.
Old 01-30-13, 06:32 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VMM
Wow. I didn't know they could make a deposit non refundable. My dealer did ask that I put 3k down if I was going to be ordering an unusual color combo. They considered Riviera red and Flaxen to be an unusual color combo. Especially if the car was loaded up with a lot of weird electronic options. They would take a 1k deposit for the black interior. Otherwise dealer was very nice and definitely took the time to explain all the options. Your Mercedes experience is unfortunate. Yup I missed out on all the good December deals also, but with my wife not liking the usual Black, Silver and White that most dealers stack up in their lots, I was hosed to begin with!
They saw my wanting a Metallic white on a black leather interior and just about all options on the SUV as being weird and hard to sell. 60k for a GLK, maybe. But I live in the Dallas area and there is certainly someone that would love a setup like that if they fell through. But, I think they just didn't want to do business and I had put a review up while reading others on Yelp and they evidently do this a lot. Seems most MB dealers don't like ordering cars and try to stack the odds against doing so.

My Lexus experience has been much better overall. The pricing and incentives are what is stopping me right now.

I've also been told by the sales guy they have a GSF coming with the same V6 motor but it's blown and will have around 460HP. The car is nice, but with that amount of power I'd overlook some features I wish I had. Adaptive headlamps, and the trunk automatically popping up would be two things I'm sad aren't there on the F sport. But otherwise, a very enjoyable car.