GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

v3 triton LED

Old 01-27-13, 11:39 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The U Led thing it's for household applications.

Anyone have pix of Lexus stock LED headlight bulbs?
Old 01-27-13, 11:59 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite
The U Led thing it's for household applications.

Anyone have pix of Lexus stock LED headlight bulbs?
Well, they have these.
http://www.liquidleds.com.au/lightin.../voltage/12-dc
Old 02-01-13, 03:51 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Just installed the V3 Triton for my turn signal. The brightness is way more than any Cree Led on the market, worth the price.

I got the switchback for the front signal, the amber turn hook up and working perfect now I'm waiting for a control module to connect the white beam to DRL.
Old 02-01-13, 07:06 AM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the V3 Triton for my turn signal. The brightness is way more than any Cree Led on the market, worth the price.

I got the switchback for the front signal, the amber turn hook up and working perfect now I'm waiting for a control module to connect the white beam to DRL.
Pics please
Old 02-01-13, 01:31 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

I'm taking the pix using manual mode for comparison, mount on tripod and 2 stop underexposed so you can see the brightness of the bulbs

First pic show DRL LED full power and switchback on.
Second pic show turn signal on.
Third pic show DRL LED dim and headlight on, switchback on.
Fourth pic show headlight on with turn signal on.
Attached Thumbnails v3 triton LED-img_0136.jpg   v3 triton LED-img_0138.jpg   v3 triton LED-img_0168.jpg   v3 triton LED-img_0164.jpg  
Old 02-01-13, 01:37 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Here is the same but with both side. When the signal on, the switchback/parking will turn off. Come back on when the turn signal off.

I wired the parking/switchback directly to the battery, whenever the engine start they will on with the Led DRL.
Attached Thumbnails v3 triton LED-img_0147.jpg   v3 triton LED-img_0148.jpg   v3 triton LED-img_0160.jpg   v3 triton LED-img_0162.jpg  
Old 02-24-17, 12:47 AM
tekno2566
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the same but with both side. When the signal on, the switchback/parking will turn off. Come back on when the turn signal off.

I wired the parking/switchback directly to the battery, whenever the engine start they will on with the Led DRL.
Hey onexcite, I am planning to do this with my turn signals as well. How are yours performing after a few years? Also is there anything else needed to purchase aside from the switchback? If so, can you point me into the right direction? Thank you!
Old 02-24-17, 09:48 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't forget the load resistors. I have the V3's and love them. They are nice and bright. If you go with the front and back sets you only need one set of resistors and you can hook them up to the lights in the front and they will eliminate the hyper flash. Get the 3omh resistors if your doing front and back otherwise get the 6omh resistor if your only doing one set.
The following users liked this post:
tekno2566 (02-25-17)
Old 02-25-17, 09:30 PM
tekno2566
Driver

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Don't forget the load resistors. I have the V3's and love them. They are nice and bright. If you go with the front and back sets you only need one set of resistors and you can hook them up to the lights in the front and they will eliminate the hyper flash. Get the 3omh resistors if your doing front and back otherwise get the 6omh resistor if your only doing one set.
Thanks for the info. Do you have the V3 switchback or did you get the amber one? I wonder if the requirements are the same for switchback, i.e. one set of resistors. I'll only be replacing the front turn signals for now, but we will see once I get bored
Old 03-08-17, 12:15 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tekno2566
Hey onexcite, I am planning to do this with my turn signals as well. How are yours performing after a few years? Also is there anything else needed to purchase aside from the switchback? If so, can you point me into the right direction? Thank you!
Beside the switchback you will need 1 resistor load for each side, I mounted mine in the back.

Although I had it on for awhile but I'm barely driving my GS (odo less than 25K miles) but the turn signal on 1 side burn out, now I'm still waiting for Vleds to get back with RMA, they keep asking for proof of defective, wiring, connector..... I had the exact same issue with another set of V3 on my Sienna over a year ago and had to RMA twice to get a pair of the same brightness and lagging. Now I see vleds changing their warranty to 2 years so I don't think it worth the money / time / effort to convert those turn signal to led.

I just saw a new Honda CRV tonight with fully LED taillight & turn signal and it blow me away, even on the 2017 RX you won't get LED turn signals as standard. Shame on Lexus!!
Old 03-09-17, 03:43 PM
tekno2566
Driver

Beside the switchback you will need 1 resistor load for each side, I mounted mine in the back.

Although I had it on for awhile but I'm barely driving my GS (odo less than 25K miles) but the turn signal on 1 side burn out, now I'm still waiting for Vleds to get back with RMA, they keep asking for proof of defective, wiring, connector..... I had the exact same issue with another set of V3 on my Sienna over a year ago and had to RMA twice to get a pair of the same brightness and lagging. Now I see vleds changing their warranty to 2 years so I don't think it worth the money / time / effort to convert those turn signal to led.

I just saw a new Honda CRV tonight with fully LED taillight & turn signal and it blow me away, even on the 2017 RX you won't get LED turn signals as standard. Shame on Lexus!!
Thank you so much for your input, I will definitely cross this off my list! Yea it sucks especially for how much it costs.
Old 03-09-17, 05:46 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Mercedes and BMW don't offer full LED as standard either so Lexus has nothing to be ashamed about right now.
Old 03-10-17, 12:12 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dchar
Mercedes and BMW don't offer full LED as standard either so Lexus has nothing to be ashamed about right now.
When you pay twice or triple as much for your car and within a year or two it became obsolete for something should be pretty much cheap and standard then you'll regret for your obsession / loyalty to one brand.

Example: 2014 Corolla had standard LED headlight, my 2009 Prius package 5 had LED headlight. Why can't they make 2013 GS with LED headlight? Not even count many poor-tech options on the '13 GS: only black & white HUD, radar cruise won't work below 30mph, BSW without rear cross traffic alert, outdated navigation, parking brake without hold feature, backup camera without guiding line, no smart phone remote start, no power trunk or power folding mirror (previous GS have it standard)..... Those are the reasons make GS's value dropped to bottom and less attractive, and they have to discount to sell.

I don't see why people have to pay $1600 extra for triple beam LED on the new RX, that's totally rip off. Many "economy" brand now included LED headlight as standard or cheap options and luxury brand now offer Laser headlight. For most BMW, Audi & Benz over 60K included full-LED as standard.
Old 03-10-17, 04:43 AM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It is odd that Toyota offers LED lights on their economy model (Corolla) but not on a lot of their luxury division vehicles. I just bought a '17 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring which was $30k and it has LED all the way around the car, including headlights that are better than my GS HID for sure. So it can't be strictly a financial decision on their part. Maybe styling comes into play?

That being said, I'm not one to gripe about my adaptive HID's on the GS at all. I raised them a little and I really like them.