GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Custom Order Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-13, 05:56 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bohemiangy
Based on marine-traffic, the ship left Jacksonville,FL yesterday and is expected to reach Newark,NJ on 4/28.. I am going to send an email to the dealer today and see if he can expedite the processing once the car reaches NJ (That is what he had claimed earlier). I am hoping that by this time next weekend ,I may be driving the GS but we shall see!! I may do another test drive in the car before picking it up just to make sure there is no Wind Noise ( as some other people have complained about) and also to make sure it did not get damaged/scratched in transit..
spoke to my dealer and was told the 29th...plus another 10 days to clear customs...
So i'm looking like mid may...
When does the dealer call saying it will be in to go over port installed accessories/payment...

meanwhile I have to deal with this lovely "scratch" on my ES... I F'n hate people.
Attached Thumbnails GS Custom Order Timeframe-photo.jpg  

Last edited by puckhead85; 04-27-13 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-27-13, 08:13 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Everyone keeps saying that. I declined test driving it today because I simply don't wish to get overly excited for something that seems to have been a challenge from beginning to now. I've got a great sales guy and some of the dealer staff really are great. But numbers also are a big factor and ending the day it felt as though the dealer wasn't exactly needing sales despite my understanding this has been a slow month. So, might be looking out of state or might be looking at a different brand all together for the interim. I'm not sure why car buying is always the most difficult purchase, but a house in my experience has always been much easier, which is odd.
Didnt you negotiate the price when you ordered the car? why are you still talking numbers?
Old 04-27-13, 09:10 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did negotiate numbers and this is the game I keep playing. It's why I didn't buy a Mercedes Benz from their sister store, to many time wasting activities. The GM with this dealer has been nice to work with and the staff mostly good. The financing and fact that timing wasn't working due to work related matters had me pause on buying the car. So I asked if we could resume where we left off last month and my sales guy said yes. However, the finance department seems to feel differently. Hence why I'm about to be finished and buying out of state as this is silly. I guess they feel they can make more later or perhaps they don't like selling cars. Either way, a lot doesn't add up. I'd think they would want to turn the car sooner and not have it just sitting on a lot. And the longer it sits outside, the less interested I become. Already getting bird crap on it just sitting there. And if the paint is etched, then I'm automatically done with the car.

The dealer is too small and will relocate this fall to a new state of the art location with plenty of room on site. But that isn't for a few more months. So, space seems a valuable commodity for them. I'll keep you guys appraised. What is meant to happen will.
Old 04-28-13, 09:41 AM
asif4
Driver School Candidate

well i placed the order on 15 april - as per my dealer car will be delivered by mid june ? i am not sure if he is lying or telling the truth
Old 04-28-13, 09:56 AM
danolo
Driver School Candidate

Default Unrealistically optimistic

Originally Posted by asif4
well i placed the order on 15 april - as per my dealer car will be delivered by mid june ? i am not sure if he is lying or telling the truth
He may not be lying, just overly optimistic to get the sale. I ordered my ES300h UL in mid January( before the 20th cutoff date) and my car wasn't built until March 28. Factor in saling across and port hold-ups, you may not see your car until August or Sept!
I complained to Lexus Customer Satisfaction after I cancelled my order and found a fully loaded one in CA. My dealer did not look for others in US.
Old 04-29-13, 07:43 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by asif4
I dont think even the dealers know how long it will take, Lexus has to approve the order first before its built and that takes some time, also will take up to 1 month to get the car to dealer once its built. My dealer told me 10 weeks , 8 weeks into order car didnt even start being built yet so I cancelled order.
Old 04-29-13, 07:48 AM
rad-man
Rookie

The "20th of the month" cutoff is inaccurate.
I placed an order on Feb 23rd, and it arrived to the dealer on April 26th.
Old 05-01-13, 08:37 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Got a call from my dealer that it cleared customs!! I have an appointment next week to go over "paperwork".
Also they are going to push accessories. What were you guys offered at your dealer? I'm debating between the F sport forge rims or not. Anyone have pictures? What is the maintenance on these things? Will the coating come off similar to chrome from the salt from NY winters?

Last edited by puckhead85; 05-01-13 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 08:47 PM
danolo
Driver School Candidate

Default Hard to believe

Originally Posted by rad-man
The "20th of the month" cutoff is inaccurate.
I placed an order on Feb 23rd, and it arrived to the dealer on April 26th.
Pretty sure he stole that one from another dealership while on a boat, but that means he was a good salesman that didn't just sit on his hands after getting the order and found you a car sooner.
Old 05-02-13, 05:24 AM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

Default Congrats

Originally Posted by puckhead85
Got a call from my dealer that it cleared customs!! I have an appointment next week to go over "paperwork".
Also they are going to push accessories. What were you guys offered at your dealer? I'm debating between the F sport forge rims or not. Anyone have pictures? What is the maintenance on these things? Will the coating come off similar to chrome from the salt from NY winters?
Congrats ,puckhead85, that is great news...I am still waiting for my dealer to give me an update ... based on your update, I am hoping I will get some good news in a day or two!!
Old 05-02-13, 07:35 AM
rad-man
Rookie

Originally Posted by danolo
Pretty sure he stole that one from another dealership while on a boat, but that means he was a good salesman that didn't just sit on his hands after getting the order and found you a car sooner.
Deep sea Mica
HUD
Luxury package
Parking Assist
NO Blind Spot
No bumper applique or wheel locks

That's an odd combination to "steal".
Old 05-11-13, 08:22 AM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

The car finally reached the dealer yesterday. I was able to take a look and take it for a long test drive and I immediately fell in love with it.. It handles so beautifully compared to my last car (ES 350) .. tested it for the dreaded wind noise and rattles by driving it on the highway and also some not so good inner roads but so far so good . I am taking delivery on Monday because they couldn't register it yesterday and will post some pics when I get a chance but as painful as the wait was , I think it was worth it . One more observation... having tested the Lexus Premium Audio and the ML with Classical Music, I do feel that the ML gives a richer sound ..specially for classical music , Jazz etc..so I am also happy that I went for the ML audio .
Old 05-11-13, 10:01 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Great. You finally get your car. It's worth the wait to get exactly what you want.
Old 05-11-13, 10:22 AM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bohemiangy
The car finally reached the dealer yesterday. I was able to take a look and take it for a long test drive and I immediately fell in love with it.. It handles so beautifully compared to my last car (ES 350) .. tested it for the dreaded wind noise and rattles by driving it on the highway and also some not so good inner roads but so far so good . I am taking delivery on Monday because they couldn't register it yesterday and will post some pics when I get a chance but as painful as the wait was , I think it was worth it . One more observation... having tested the Lexus Premium Audio and the ML with Classical Music, I do feel that the ML gives a richer sound ..specially for classical music , Jazz etc..so I am also happy that I went for the ML audio .
Congrats! I think you will find it was well worth the wait.

I, too, am very happy I went with the ML audio - It is much clearer than the premium B(l)ose audio I had in my Infiniti..And having heard the premium non-ML audio in another GS350, I would not have been satisfied with that option.

Please post pics as soon as you can - As Syd says, we love our car ****!
Old 05-11-13, 02:50 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

bohemiangy congrats on the car... post pics!

mine came in the other day too! They won't let me drive it but pulled it up for me to take a peek.
Picking it up Saturday!
Attached Thumbnails GS Custom Order Timeframe-photo.jpg  

Last edited by puckhead85; 05-11-13 at 05:25 PM.