GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

leather seat protectant

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 10:30 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seat protectant

anyone have any recommendations to help protect the leather from staining or cracking?
Old 01-20-13, 11:02 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, funny you ask, i just posted in this read. read the thread, a lot of good info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...t-there-4.html

the seats seem very supple and soft now, which will help avoid cracking, and the protectant and weekly quick interior detail will protect it to prevent it from stains.

i used leather masters cleaner and protectant, found it on amazon.

also i like how the protecant wasn't oily and really made the leather feel a lot softer.
Old 01-21-13, 05:31 AM
1Gunner
Driver School Candidate

Lots of good products out there.
I uses Zaino leather cleaner and protectant.
Old 01-21-13, 05:40 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

For the F Sport Garnet red leather, any good leather cleaner to recommend? I'm afraid cleaners that'll make the leather colour becomes darker. & while cleaning won't the cleaner sip into all the small holes where the wind comes out when u turn on the seat heater or aircondition?
Old 01-21-13, 05:41 AM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a related subject, any input on how to clean/protect the dash? The same as the leather seats or with something like Quick Interior Detailer?
Old 01-21-13, 07:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKeith
On a related subject, any input on how to clean/protect the dash? The same as the leather seats or with something like Quick Interior Detailer?

I use Protectant 303 on the dash faux leather top and vinyl trim.
Plexus on the wood trim and speedo lens ,NAV screen.
Old 01-21-13, 07:08 AM
1Gunner
Driver School Candidate

Most modern hi-end cars have perforated leather suraces. I've not had any issues using cream cleather leaners and protectants in my Porsche, Lexus and Ford perforated leathers. Also, I don't use excessive amounts when detailing...

Rule of thumb I've used on all leather clad cars.... use leather products on real leather.
On plastic or wood surfaces, use whatever you are comfortable with.
Old 01-21-13, 08:00 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i use Leather Masters. it stinks to high hell but it an amazing leather cleaner, they also have the conditioner. i usually clean and condition the leather after 6 months. my leather stays factory clean so i don't worry about cleaning. i've had the obsidian now for 7 months and it still has the new car smell. the SP was the same.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-21-13 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-21-13, 11:53 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i use Leather Masters. it stinks to high hell but it an amazing leather cleaner, they also have the conditioner. i usually clean and condition the leather after 6 months. my leather stays factory clean so i don't worry about cleaning. i've had the obsidian now for 7 months and it still has the new car smell. the SP was the same.
+1. But you can use Lexol in between to avoid
smell every 6 mos. LM is great to bring it
back from excessive wear and tear.
Old 01-21-13, 12:38 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Which leather masters product do you use? Did you order online or buy local? I checked online and saw too many different products. I looked at my seat (the part against your left thigh) yesterday and was surprised by how bad it turned into after only a few months. And I'm not even close to 180lbs.
Old 01-21-13, 02:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Leather Masters is a great product.

First of all...do not go to LeatherMasters.com...trust me :eek:

Honestly, I don't know that you really need anything. I use Ultima's Interior shampoo to clean the seats, but I personally stopped conditioning leather seats. Now...this is the first car I've had with the semi-aniline leather so maybe theres a difference...
Old 01-21-13, 03:36 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Which leather masters product do you use? Did you order online or buy local? I checked online and saw too many different products. I looked at my seat (the part against your left thigh) yesterday and was surprised by how bad it turned into after only a few months. And I'm not even close to 180lbs.
i bought it on amazon. i really love leather masters cleaner and protectant. while my seats and leather were not dirty at all, i love what the protectant did. the seats are so soft and supple, and the steering wheel is very soft too, grippy, and still maintained the matte look.
Old 01-21-13, 04:41 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DrKeith
i use inner clean by Chemical Guys. great for the dash and door panels. and it smells like pineapples.
Old 01-21-13, 04:44 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
i got it from the one stop shop... Detailers Domain. he only has the cleaner and conditioner so as not to confuse you with a bunch of crap you don't need. if you do get it... put on a surgical mask beforehand, that stuff reeks.
Old 01-21-13, 04:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Leather Masters is a great product.

First of all...do not go to LeatherMasters.com...trust me :eek:

Honestly, I don't know that you really need anything. I use Ultima's Interior shampoo to clean the seats, but I personally stopped conditioning leather seats. Now...this is the first car I've had with the semi-aniline leather so maybe theres a difference...
something about the leather conditioners. i think it dries out the natural oils in the leather. anyway i never use the conditioner either.

Quick Reply: leather seat protectant