GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Concavo Tanabe update Djpeaksd

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-13, 03:01 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Concavo Tanabe update Djpeaksd

Ok so most of you guys have seen my car. I love the wheels, but I was so anxious to drop the car I had those custom springs installed on my car because I was tired of waiting and did not want to be 4x4ing around town.

The springs I had on were garbage, I was rubbing all the time, bouncing all over the road and they took away from the handling of the vehicle (because it was so low that I was bouncing of the bump stops). Needless to say I was a little bummed. Finally my Tanabe springs came in and I installed them today!!!!

OMG what a difference, my guy said my bump stops were completely shot out so he put new ones in for me, and I can't tell you how happy I am. I have absolutely no rubbing no body roll and this car is performing again how it should. It is a little higher then before but I actually almost prefer the look.

So if anyone is contemplating getting the Tanabe springs, I am here to vouch that they are legit and feel really really close to stock. I also have a 285-30-20 on a 10.5 inch rear wheel with no rubbing.

Old 01-05-13, 03:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeakSD
Ok so most of you guys have seen my car. I love the wheels, but I was so anxious to drop the car I had those custom springs installed on my car because I was tired of waiting and did not want to be 4x4ing around town.

The springs I had on were garbage, I was rubbing all the time, bouncing all over the road and they took away from the handling of the vehicle (because it was so low that I was bouncing of the bump stops). Needless to say I was a little bummed. Finally my Tanabe springs came in and I installed them today!!!!

OMG what a difference, my guy said my bump stops were completely shot out so he put new ones in for me, and I can't tell you how happy I am. I have absolutely no rubbing no body roll and this car is performing again how it should. It is a little higher then before but I actually almost prefer the look.

So if anyone is contemplating getting the Tanabe springs, I am here to vouch that they are legit and feel really really close to stock. I also have a 285-30-20 on a 10.5 inch rear wheel with no rubbing.

first of all you dudes in CALI are pissing me off with all this sunshine and RWD cars that can be dropped with no prob. j/k. just kidding DJ, i don't hate on anyone or anything. you gave me a heads up on the previous springs you had and i appreciate it. i'm glad you finally got your Tanabes and that you're happy with them. the car does look different than when you had the custom springs installed. it looks like it should, i don't think it's to high it looks perfect. congratz again DJ. i'm still 4x4ing here in N.Y.
Old 01-05-13, 05:15 PM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any side view shot?
Old 01-05-13, 05:24 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Looks great.
I'd like to see a straight side shot as well.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-13, 06:31 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the feedback and it looks great!
Old 01-05-13, 07:54 PM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Looks great. I don't know if I would like it any lower.
Old 01-05-13, 08:03 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drop looks good, it probably just rides "close" to stock because of your wheels/tires not the springs.
Old 01-05-13, 08:55 PM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nexson
The drop looks good, it probably just rides "close" to stock because of your wheels/tires not the springs.
I don't think you read his OP. He said the car rode like garbage with the other lowering springs he had with the same wheels and tires. If he changed his springs to the Tanabe ones and left everything else the same the only thing you could attribute the change to the ride being like stock is the Tanabe springs.

I have the Tanabe springs with the stock wheels and tires and it does ride just like stock.
Old 01-05-13, 09:33 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by N54MPower
I don't think you read his OP. He said the car rode like garbage with the other lowering springs he had with the same wheels and tires. If he changed his springs to the Tanabe ones and left everything else the same the only thing you could attribute the change to the ride being like stock is the Tanabe springs.

I have the Tanabe springs with the stock wheels and tires and it does ride just like stock.
I read the post. I wouldn't post if I didn't. Riding like stock is refering to a point where the car was stock (no wheels/drop). He is not stock if he is on wheels no matter what springs, so already the ride is sacraficed. Some people as myself plan to get tanabe springs but remain on stock wheels. So in essence the car will probably ride just like stock and not "close" to it because the wheels and tires are bigger. As you have confirmed in your post.

BTW, do you have pictures to share of the drop on stock wheels?

Last edited by Nexson; 01-05-13 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-05-13, 11:16 PM
Maseroche
Driver

I agree that it does look better now! It was way too low before but thanks for the update.
Old 01-06-13, 06:29 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Why does the rear wheel looks smaller than the front? Parallex error maybe. Hehe...
Old 01-07-13, 09:22 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was referring to the ride quality of the springs when I said it rides really close too stock. I don't have pictures of the drop with stock wheels but just for a point of reference, the circumference of my front wheels "front" is 1.3% bigger and "rear" 1.6% bigger so the size is pretty close.

Here is the side view of the car!
Old 01-07-13, 09:37 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Wheels look great but needs moar low!
Old 01-07-13, 10:34 AM
mush
Pole Position

Perfect drop imo... Dont rly like the slammed look on these 4gs
How many inch drop is that?
Old 01-07-13, 10:37 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

So these won't work with the AWD right cause if they do I'm calling Tanabe to get these now!

Quick Reply: Concavo Tanabe update Djpeaksd