GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Enform question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 08:09 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm going to agree with Rex... i've had no problems with the apps at all. i have an iphone 5, although when i had the 4S i didn't have any issues either. but i also agree that the phone gets very hot when running the apps, pandora, iheart etc. i think it's something we could have done without, but we have it so i use it.
Old 01-04-13, 08:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I have an iPhone5 and sometimes have to pull up the app on my iPhone to get it to connect
Old 01-05-13, 08:29 PM
Ceebee100
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I have an iPhone5 and sometimes have to pull up the app on my iPhone to get it to connect
+1. Sometimes even pulling up the app doesn't work. I have to sign out of the app and sign in again, switch to satellite or CD, then I can access the apps again.
Old 01-05-13, 09:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, seems to be worse when I've been streaming music from the phone over BT.

I did figure out how to use the apps with the phone plugged in. When you plug the phone in the App streaming will pause. You have to select the BT system over the dock connector through the iPhone's music app. Then hit play on the app screen.
Old 01-06-13, 07:25 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Yep, seems to be worse when I've been streaming music from the phone over BT.

I did figure out how to use the apps with the phone plugged in. When you plug the phone in the App streaming will pause. You have to select the BT system over the dock connector through the iPhone's music app. Then hit play on the app screen.
What do you mean, "Select the BT system over the dock connector through the iPhone's music app"? Is that in the settings on the phone or somewhere in Enform?
Old 01-06-13, 07:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

In the phone. When you plug the phone into the USB port, the music app on the phone goes grey and it says "Accessory Attached". When its connected over Bluetooth you can still access it and play music directly from the app on the phone. As soon as you plug in the USB cable though the iPhone assumes you want your audio to go through that and overrides the bluetooth connection, which is why the Enform app pauses.

When it says "Accessory Attached" down at the bottom it will say "Dock Connector" by default. Press the icon next to it and you can select between "Dock Connector" and "CAR MULTIMEDIA" which is the bluetooth system in the car. If you select "CAR MULTIMEDIA" it will continue to stream over bluetooth instead of playing through the USB cable, even when plugged in.

Thats the solution if you want to charge the phone via the USB cable but still want to stream through the apps in Enform. You will have to press play again on the application screen after doing this on the phone in Enform before it will work though.
Old 01-07-13, 11:19 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

In the phone. When you plug the phone into the USB port, the music app on the phone goes grey and it says "Accessory Attached". When its connected over Bluetooth you can still access it and play music directly from the app on the phone. As soon as you plug in the USB cable though the iPhone assumes you want your audio to go through that and overrides the bluetooth connection, which is why the Enform app pauses.

When it says "Accessory Attached" down at the bottom it will say "Dock Connector" by default. Press the icon next to it and you can select between "Dock Connector" and "CAR MULTIMEDIA" which is the bluetooth system in the car. If you select "CAR MULTIMEDIA" it will continue to stream over bluetooth instead of playing through the USB cable, even when plugged in.

Thats the solution if you want to charge the phone via the USB cable but still want to stream through the apps in Enform. You will have to press play again on the application screen after doing this on the phone in Enform before it will work though.
That worked for me. Thanks! Now, do I have to go through that ritual every time I attach the phone to the USB?
Old 01-07-13, 11:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, unfortunately I think you will...
Old 01-07-13, 02:44 PM
0mghi2u
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

enform for apple iphone 5 update is out.. and now my apps and pandora works.. FINALLY! but it only works over bluetooth when connected to usb cable no sound..
Old 01-07-13, 03:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

In order to get sound when plugged into the USB cable, follow the instructions I posted above.
Old 02-11-14, 10:17 AM
JT51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved the fact that I could put a destination in my computer and send it to my car. I thought that would still be available even when my Enform with Safety Connect expired, today, I was looking to add a bunch of destinations for an upcoming trip, and found out that I couldn't, because I didn't renew for $200+ which I think is ridiculous and way overpriced.
Old 02-11-14, 11:57 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Since the enform app update on Android, I get commercials in Pandora now. Ugh.
Old 02-11-14, 12:09 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Since the enform app update on Android, I get commercials in Pandora now. Ugh.
It's just coincidental timing. Pandora added commercials to all automotive apps last month, unless you pay for a subscription.
Old 02-12-14, 04:16 AM
NobodyHere
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Try to be more educative about what the problem really is. Its your phone and not enform. The problem lies with the Iphone not running apps in the background like Androids which are smarter and allow the phone to connect to Enform without you have to turn on the app every time you get into the car and to link it over and over. The problem again is the phone. I have no issues with android phones in this car. The iphone background processing is a bit limited and I know that because I do some programming. Apple wants to quit all programs when its not being used and that makes it harder for car to connect to phone to turn on the enform automatically. With my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, the enform app is in standby mode until I get into the car and it links the bluetooth and automatically turns on the enform app. IT does NOT drain battery anymore than any other application. I am a Apple guy with all apple products at home but when the phone I got tired of the Iphone limitations and got the Android and I have NO issues with enform. The newer Iphone has little issues with the car compared to the Iphone 4 and 4s.
Your Maxx has a beast of a battery! Not a fair comparison. I carry a Moto X and ip5s, agree with what you say about multi tasking but wanted to call out the Maxx is untouched in battery life.
Old 02-12-14, 08:36 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECL
Plus the app suite is an additional $7.00 a month!
Negative, it is NOW FREE! (when it first came out there was a monthly charge after the first year)

Quick Reply: Enform question