GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just purchased 13' GS350 F SPORT!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 08:31 PM
schillster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased 13' GS350 F SPORT!!

I'm in the construction business and I've had trucks all my life. I started getting into sports cars about 8 years ago. I've had the Z06's and several Porsches. I even started tracking them all over the country. After a year and a half of $$$$ weekends, large service bills and countless tire purchases, I threw in the towel. I got out of the high dollar cars and went the other direction. I decided I just needed a simple, inconspicuous car to run around in when I wasn't using the truck. So I got a pre-owned Honda accord, then a Jetta TDI, then a Ford Fusion hybrid. Wow, talk about one extreme to the other!!! lol So I made a bargain with myself that I could get something in between. Something nice but pre-owned so I wouldn't get killed on the purchase. Don't ask me how, but somehow I ended up at my buddies Lexus dealership and ended up buying an 08' GS460. It's a great car. Luxurious but still has the grunt and power of a V8. I've had it about 3 months and I finally get the "Lexus thing"! The problem is that Lexus has a very devious plan in place. You buy the car and they offer the most amazing service in the industry. So you find yourself always going up to the dealership for the oil changes, maintenance and free drinks. Then you end up staring at all the new cars on the lot.. and,,,, just as their plan is written, you get drawn into the newest candy on the lot!! Top that off with the "December to Remember" going on, and you better have your check book in hand! I'm not kidding, it was like Lexus announced there were no more cars being made this year! People were pulling into the dealership and deals were being made left and right! If you don't believe me, go spend an hour at a Lexus dealership tomorrow! It's crazy. Well, I guess I got caught up in all that frenzy! I traded in the 08' GS460 on this beautiful F SPORT! I'll be giving an update soon but what a great car!

Last edited by schillster; 12-21-12 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-21-12, 08:49 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Another Liquid Platinum GS F Sport! Congrats, you will love it. I really enjoyed your story about the service, new cars, December to Remember, etc. Yes, that's how they hook you. On the flip side, I just took my G37 Vert in for service and didn't see anything on the Infniti lot that got me going. It was a big WAHH WAHH WAHH. Lexus, on the other hand, has a lot of great new product.

Sorry you fell for it, but in the end you will love the car.

BTW, your pic really captures the contrast between the LP and the wheels, and the lines of the car. It is probably the best color (but I am biased) and you will be glad you got it. Did you go with Black or Cabernet interior?

Last edited by dseag2; 12-21-12 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-21-12, 09:00 PM
schillster
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I wanted the combo you have but no LP/cabernets around. Ended up with the second best, LP/blk. I saw a SP/Cabernet last night on the showroom and 5 minutes later it was being pulled out for delivery!
Old 12-21-12, 09:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

oh oh... another LP in TX. forum member dseag 2 seems pretty happy. congratz on your purchase. i think you'll like the car more and more in the days to come. BTW which interior did you go with?
Old 12-21-12, 09:03 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

You will still love it. I want to use your pic as my signature pic! The car looks hot!

Take my word for it, you will enjoy it and get lots of attention, whether you want it or not.
Old 12-21-12, 09:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by schillster
Thanks! I wanted the combo you have but no LP/cabernets around. Ended up with the second best, LP/blk. I saw a SP/Cabernet last night on the showroom and 5 minutes later it was being pulled out for delivery!
Lexus banked on the December to Remember event, GS's are flying off the lot. my dealership has been out of GS's since sandy ran through here.
Old 12-21-12, 09:11 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
oh oh... another LP in TX. forum member dseag 2 seems pretty happy. congratz on your purchase. i think you'll like the car more and more in the days to come. BTW which interior did you go with?
Yes, I am all about the LPs, since SPs seem to be leading the pack. BTW, he went with Black since Cabernet was not available.
Old 12-21-12, 09:11 PM
schillster
Driver School Candidate

I'll get some better pics tomorrow. I got the black interior. I almost bought the new F sport full face wheels but the color is almost the same color as the car. I think the darker wheels really look better on the car. I even considered having the Full face refinished in the darker color but I think they'll chip easier so I'm sticking with the factory wheels for now.
Old 12-21-12, 09:15 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

This will give you something to think about. Haven't decided yet, but maybe, with 1" lowering springs
Attached Thumbnails Just purchased 13' GS350 F SPORT!!-lp-with-aftermarket-f-sport-rims.jpg  
Old 12-21-12, 09:52 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes, I am all about the LPs, since SPs seem to be leading the pack. BTW, he went with Black since Cabernet was not available.
yes, there are a ton of SP GS F Sports. not complaining, i had one... just stating a fact..
Old 12-21-12, 09:54 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I'll get some better pics tomorrow. I got the black interior. I almost bought the new F sport full face wheels but the color is almost the same color as the car. I think the darker wheels really look better on the car. I even considered having the Full face refinished in the darker color but I think they'll chip easier so I'm sticking with the factory wheels for now.
i had the OEM F Sport wheels refinished in Hyper Silver powder coat because my car is Obsidian, so far so good. not having any problems with chipping or anything else.
Old 12-21-12, 10:34 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats! I've joined the LP crowed too
Old 12-21-12, 10:39 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm in the construction business and I've had trucks all my life. I started getting into sports cars about 8 years ago. I've had the Z06's and several Porsches. I even started tracking them all over the country. After a year and a half of $$$$ weekends, large service bills and countless tire purchases, I threw in the towel. I got out of the high dollar cars and went the other direction. I decided I just needed a simple, inconspicuous car to run around in when I wasn't using the truck. So I got a pre-owned Honda accord, then a Jetta TDI, then a Ford Fusion hybrid. Wow, talk about one extreme to the other!!! lol So I made a bargain with myself that I could get something in between. Something nice but pre-owned so I wouldn't get killed on the purchase. Don't ask me how, but somehow I ended up at my buddies Lexus dealership and ended up buying an 08' GS460. It's a great car. Luxurious but still has the grunt and power of a V8. I've had it about 3 months and I finally get the "Lexus thing"! The problem is that Lexus has a very devious plan in place. You buy the car and they offer the most amazing service in the industry. So you find yourself always going up to the dealership for the oil changes, maintenance and free drinks. Then you end up staring at all the new cars on the lot.. and,,,, just as their plan is written, you get drawn into the newest candy on the lot!! Top that off with the "December to Remember" going on, and you better have your check book in hand! I'm not kidding, it was like Lexus announced there were no more cars being made this year! People were pulling into the dealership and deals were being made left and right! If you don't believe me, go spend an hour at a Lexus dealership tomorrow! It's crazy. Well, I guess I got caught up in all that frenzy! I traded in the 08' GS460 on this beautiful F SPORT! I'll be giving an update soon but what a great car!

Congrats on the new GS! Great color choice. I'm not bias or anything though lol.
Old 12-22-12, 06:43 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Good piece of essay there. Looks great, great shot too. Congrats and glad to see another texan owner. We have quite a few new 4GS owners recently. I have seen a few more F Sports around my area. Saw two Nebula in two different areas. Not sure if it's the same one. Love the front bumper.

Originally Posted by dseag2
Another Liquid Platinum GS F Sport! Congrats, you will love it. I really enjoyed your story about the service, new cars, December to Remember, etc. Yes, that's how they hook you. On the flip side, I just took my G37 Vert in for service and didn't see anything on the Infniti lot that got me going. It was a big WAHH WAHH WAHH. Lexus, on the other hand, has a lot of great new product.

Sorry you fell for it, but in the end you will love the car.

BTW, your pic really captures the contrast between the LP and the wheels, and the lines of the car. It is probably the best color (but I am biased) and you will be glad you got it. Did you go with Black or Cabernet interior?
You've been giving nice comments to other new owners, but this one I think it really comes out from your heart. I can read the excitement through your post. I agree with you on the contrast between LP and wheels. Syd's wheels look nice on his car and yours look nice on yours due to this contrast IMO. I'm glad you didn't listen to him. Sorry Syd. Your car looks beautifully though
Old 12-22-12, 07:07 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Lexus banked on the December to Remember event, GS's are flying off the lot. my dealership has been out of GS's since sandy ran through here.
I saw one in October, one in November. This past two weeks, I have seen about 5 or so. We were on a hay ride the other night and saw an LP luxury coming up from behind and slowly passing us. Talking about excitement. My son got so excited. GS is definitely a beauty especially when surrounded by all the Christmas lights. You're definitely right about the December to Remember. I don't think the saving is significant but that helps Lexus get people into the dealership and they got hooked. It is all about getting people to step into your door.

Quick Reply: Just purchased 13' GS350 F SPORT!!