GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

f sport or not?

Old 12-08-12, 07:17 PM
cantadanie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f sport or not?

f sport worth for $3500 more? I am planning to get the new wheels and lowering springs anyway even i get f sport
Old 12-08-12, 07:21 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the f sport, it is amazing, you will be disappointed if you get the LUX

now lets see if I catch heat for that lol
Old 12-08-12, 07:24 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would anyone be disappointed with the lux model it has same horsepower and adjustments that the f sport model has
Old 12-08-12, 07:39 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusVet
Why would anyone be disappointed with the lux model it has same horsepower and adjustments that the f sport model has
Maybe it is because I am younger but the LUX looks a little bit more like an older person's car. The f-sport is slick, aggresive, all that and a bag of chips for just a little bit more. Well worth it.

IMO, why get a LUX and turn it into the F sport. A fsport bumper with all the accents plus paint is easily $1500
Old 12-08-12, 07:59 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
Maybe it is because I am younger

Yep
Old 12-08-12, 08:23 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

well personally i love the F sport model but in your case since you plan on getting new wheels and lowering save the extra 3500 that you would pay for the F model and buy your new wheels and springs. either way cant go wrong with the new GS.
Old 12-08-12, 08:25 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
[/B][/U]
Yep
On a side note, i like the LUX bars better in the front bumper then the generic looking honeycomb grille on the f sport..
Old 12-08-12, 08:35 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

On a side note, i like the LUX bars better in the front bumper then the generic looking honeycomb grille on the f sport..
To each his own, but that makes one of us.
Old 12-08-12, 09:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

choose what fits you best. at the end of the day you have to be satisfied with your investment. Lux, F-Sport, Base...you'll still be getting a great car.
Old 12-09-12, 12:06 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

At least get the AVS option. That makes a huge difference in ride/handling.

Both Luxury and F-Sport have the AVS as standard.
Old 12-09-12, 08:18 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

It really depends on what u looking for. Some things exclusive to the F Sport are :
1) Garnet Red seats ( I dunno what u guys call the orangy coloured seats over there)
2) Steering with F Sport emblem
3) Aluminium Sports pedals
4) Interior Alumnium trimming instear of wood trimming
5) F sport front bumper & top & bottom mesh grills
6) F Sport rear boot duck lip spoiler
7) 16-way Driver and Passenger Power Adjustable Seats
8) Interior Black colour A pillar & roof trimming
You said u getting new sets of rims so the rims that comes with the car is of non importance. I believe the parts i mention above is more than justified for the extra $3.5K you paying. For instance the aluminium pedals. You can get the accelerator & brake pedals from Sewell & change them out. But the dead rest( the 1 to rest your left leg) is not for sale.. I u wanna buy it, it comes together with the floor carpet!

In Singapore here The F Sports have HUD, AVS, power trunk, sun roof as standard...Dun envy us as we paid SGD$280K for the F Sport! & thats only for the GS 250 F Sport!

Last edited by ronfsp; 12-09-12 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-09-12, 09:20 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

get the f sport, it is amazing, you will be disappointed if you get the LUX

now lets see if I catch heat for that lol
Here is some heat for you... F Sport doesn't cost more than the Lux package. I doubt that an average driver can tell the difference between a Lux and F Sport when he drives her. He probably compares it with something else which IMO 3500 is well worth it to get the F Sport. I love F Sport exterior but don't regret that I got the Lux. Adaptive headlight and 18 way adjust seats are AWESOME. Other stuffs are personal choice/taste. Well, I'm older than you. Obviously.
Old 12-09-12, 10:27 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Here is some heat for you... F Sport doesn't cost more than the Lux package. I doubt that an average driver can tell the difference between a Lux and F Sport when he drives her. He probably compares it with something else which IMO 3500 is well worth it to get the F Sport. I love F Sport exterior but don't regret that I got the Lux. Adaptive headlight and 18 way adjust seats are AWESOME. Other stuffs are personal choice/taste. Well, I'm older than you. Obviously.
The F-sport is much firmer even in normal modes then the premium and luxury version. I have extensively tested both. Even the passengers can feel the difference. The most average drivers have noticed this too. It transmit more road feel then the luxury and premium and has less body roll and corners better. Its a good step up.
Old 12-09-12, 10:53 AM
ialexxx
Driver

the f sport + mode alone is already worth buying an f sport over a luxury
Old 12-09-12, 02:45 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
The F-sport is much firmer even in normal modes then the premium and luxury version. I have extensively tested both. Even the passengers can feel the difference. The most average drivers have noticed this too. It transmit more road feel then the luxury and premium and has less body roll and corners better. Its a good step up.
You're defenitely right about the firmness due to larger wheels. I meant to say the handling and cornering. Unless you drive her hard, S+ should be close if not the same. No?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: f sport or not?