GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

f sport or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-12, 03:58 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
You're defenitely right about the firmness due to larger wheels. I meant to say the handling and cornering. Unless you drive her hard, S+ should be close if not the same. No?
yes it is close... well no that close... because the F-Sport is F-Sport tuned. the AVS is the same, however when you throw in the F-Sport tuning it turns it up a notch... or 2 or 3
Old 12-09-12, 04:42 PM
chiefguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Here is some heat for you... F Sport doesn't cost more than the Lux package. I doubt that an average driver can tell the difference between a Lux and F Sport when he drives her. He probably compares it with something else which IMO 3500 is well worth it to get the F Sport. I love F Sport exterior but don't regret that I got the Lux. Adaptive headlight and 18 way adjust seats are AWESOME. Other stuffs are personal choice/taste. Well, I'm older than you. Obviously.
I agree that the driving difference is minimal. I've driven both several times. I'm getting the Lux after much debate between the F-Sport and Lux. I like some of features better in the Lux like the adaptive front lighting. Pricing is about the same for both...
Old 12-09-12, 06:47 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Same here have really thought hard about purchase but I'm a tech guy and need to have every option and can't deal with f sport having such limited options. Bottom line love f sport exterior and love lux interior and features. So I will try to marry the two if it doesn't make me go broke. I think I will special order a lux with all the options and have them swap out wheels for f sport add the badges spoiler and eventually bumper. Small price to pay for perfection !
Old 12-09-12, 07:09 PM
ericg320
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ronfsp
It really depends on what u looking for. Some things exclusive to the F Sport are :
1) Garnet Red seats ( I dunno what u guys call the orangy coloured seats over there)
2) Steering with F Sport emblem
3) Aluminium Sports pedals
4) Interior Alumnium trimming instear of wood trimming
5) F sport front bumper & top & bottom mesh grills
6) F Sport rear boot duck lip spoiler
7) 16-way Driver and Passenger Power Adjustable Seats
8) Interior Black colour A pillar & roof trimming
You said u getting new sets of rims so the rims that comes with the car is of non importance. I believe the parts i mention above is more than justified for the extra $3.5K you paying. For instance the aluminium pedals. You can get the accelerator & brake pedals from Sewell & change them out. But the dead rest( the 1 to rest your left leg) is not for sale.. I u wanna buy it, it comes together with the floor carpet!

In Singapore here The F Sports have HUD, AVS, power trunk, sun roof as standard...Dun envy us as we paid SGD$280K for the F Sport! & thats only for the GS 250 F Sport!

#7 comes in LUX
Old 12-09-12, 07:24 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

If you're worried about your Nürburgring lap times, or if you deliver tofu from the top of Mount Akina, go with the F Sport.
Old 12-09-12, 07:28 PM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fsport FTW!!!
Old 12-09-12, 09:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ericg320
#7 comes in LUX
actually #7 is not in the Lux model. the Lux model has 18 way power seats with no power seat bolsters... the F-Sport has the power seat bolsters.
Old 12-09-12, 09:55 PM
ericg320
Driver School Candidate

Yeah...that's not what's posted.
Old 12-09-12, 10:02 PM
mush
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cantadanie
f sport worth for $3500 more? I am planning to get the new wheels and lowering springs anyway even i get f sport
for me its either f sport or premium with new wheels + springs
might end up with f sport and new wheels + springs anyways

not too sure yet... was suppose to wait for the new IS, but i just love bigger sedans
Old 12-09-12, 10:43 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
actually #7 is not in the Lux model. the Lux model has 18 way power seats with no power seat bolsters... the F-Sport has the power seat bolsters.
The lux has 18 way seats on both the drivers and pass. seats and has side bolsters on both drivers and pass. sides. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the F- Sport has the 16 way power seat on only the drivers side with a power regular seat on the pass side and aluminum trim. That along with adaptive headlights and rear sunshades convinced me to go with the lux. pkg. I added F-Sport wheels but will leave the front end alone. Do like the looks of ft. end of F-Sport.

Last edited by rlj4246; 12-09-12 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-10-12, 12:52 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
Maybe it is because I am younger but the LUX looks a little bit more like an older person's car.
IMO the entire GS line was targeted at an older demographic with the F-Sport being an attempt to appeal to another segment of the car-buying crowd. It's a four door sedan after all..... sort of a sports car crossover.
Old 12-10-12, 03:11 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

For me, the point of getting a sports sedan means a gentleman's racer. If not I would have gotten an ES or some other equivalent.So I would feel incomplete if my sports sedan did not have all the dynamic options available to it. That means VGRS, AVS and DRS. So yes, that means F-sport or nothing for me. It still sucks that some LUX options are not available for F-sport but that's a trade-off that is a no brainer for me. But that's just me.

Last edited by natnut; 12-10-12 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-10-12, 06:06 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The F Sports rear diffuser comes painted too
Old 12-10-12, 08:51 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rlj4246
The lux has 18 way seats on both the drivers and pass. seats and has side bolsters on both drivers and pass. sides. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the F- Sport has the 16 way power seat on only the drivers side with a power regular seat on the pass side and aluminum trim. That along with adaptive headlights and rear sunshades convinced me to go with the lux. pkg. I added F-Sport wheels but will leave the front end alone. Do like the looks of ft. end of F-Sport.
http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/specs/
Old 12-10-12, 10:28 AM
LuxoRocket
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj4246
Originally Posted by sydtoosic
rlj4246 is correct - the Luxury package gets you the 18-way seats for both the driver and the front passenger, while the F-sport gets you a 16-way seat for the driver only.

http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/featu...ns/?navTo=i0s1

Not sure how much the 2 extra seat adjustments will matter in an Fsport vs Luxury pkg cagematch. I have the Luxury package, and I can tell you that both front seats have powered side bolsters.

Quick Reply: f sport or not?