GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Shortcut to Speed dials?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 04:33 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shortcut to Speed dials?

Just got my GS 450h with navigation. Right now to get to the Speed dials screen I have to perform too many steps. I push the talk button on the steering wheel then have to mouse over to the Speed dial button to open the Speed dials screen. Is there a way to get to the screen without using the remote touch controller?
Old 11-25-12, 04:45 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Modeler
Just got my GS 450h with navigation. Right now to get to the Speed dials screen I have to perform too many steps. I push the talk button on the steering wheel then have to mouse over to the Speed dial button to open the Speed dials screen. Is there a way to get to the screen without using the remote touch controller?
that's interesting. i never used the speed dial option. each speed dial contact is given a #, and i think all you have to do is push the talk button and say the speed dial #.
Old 11-29-12, 10:03 PM
12GS350
Driver School Candidate

Why speed dial, your set up you can just say "call (name) at (home/office)" than trying to remember which speed dial goes to which number. Am I missing something that a speed dial can do?
Old 12-01-12, 05:59 AM
GS250
Driver

When I use the voice command, it correctly identify the name but returned me with multiple entries saying that it matched multiple record. I find it strange since it has shown the correct name on the screen when I say the name but why return with multiple match?
Old 12-01-12, 08:09 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS250
When I use the voice command, it correctly identify the name but returned me with multiple entries saying that it matched multiple record. I find it strange since it has shown the correct name on the screen when I say the name but why return with multiple match?
Are you saying just the name or the name and the phone type? That is "John Smith" or "John Smith Mobile"? If it's the former, it may be giving you the message because there are multiple phone numbers under the name.
Old 12-02-12, 01:55 AM
GS250
Driver

Originally Posted by Modeler
Are you saying just the name or the name and the phone type? That is "John Smith" or "John Smith Mobile"? If it's the former, it may be giving you the message because there are multiple phone numbers under the name.
i am saying just the name. the funny thing is the list that it threw out saying multiple matched were actually different names. For example when i read out my son's name, my home number (which i save it as Home) also appear as a match. i have to use the mouse to choose the correct one..

maybe i should delete them and re-record again.

Btw, i tried using the speed dial but it is not accepting voice command (when i press on the voice command button on the steering) . is it i have missed setting up something else?