GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Weather Tech Floor Mats GS350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 02:04 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
Just picked up the front mats today. Only took a pic of the driver side.

Nice firm material that seems like it'll do a fine job of protecting.
That is nice fit, I like it it even covers the dead pedal.I already got the factory ones, I will wait until it goes bad then I will get weather tech.
Old 11-07-12, 06:43 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey folks,

I tried putting in my Lexus OEM mats in last night. I hadn't looked at them carefully. They are terrible! I don't know how they're supposed to hold any water.

My experience with Weathertech has been great. But we always got the "allweather" ones, and I haven't tried the DigitalFit ones before. At a glance, the allweather ones look like they'll trap water better (less sloshing around if there happens to be a bit of a puddle), but the digitalfit ones look much cleaner and also look like they protect more area (up to the edges).

Thoughts? I have a feeling the trunk liner for my wife's EX35 is of the DigitalFit style, as it's a thinner and slightly harder material than the Allweather ones we normally get.

Please advise. Also, let me know if you're interested in my OEM ones. I'm in Toronto Canada.
Old 11-07-12, 06:57 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mehran888
Hey folks,

I tried putting in my Lexus OEM mats in last night. I hadn't looked at them carefully. They are terrible! I don't know how they're supposed to hold any water.

My experience with Weathertech has been great. But we always got the "allweather" ones, and I haven't tried the DigitalFit ones before. At a glance, the allweather ones look like they'll trap water better (less sloshing around if there happens to be a bit of a puddle), but the digitalfit ones look much cleaner and also look like they protect more area (up to the edges).

Thoughts? I have a feeling the trunk liner for my wife's EX35 is of the DigitalFit style, as it's a thinner and slightly harder material than the Allweather ones we normally get.

Please advise. Also, let me know if you're interested in my OEM ones. I'm in Toronto Canada.
The DigitalFit ones are called floor liners and they do indeed cover much more area and are made of tougher material than the all weather veriety.

I too purchased the OEM Lexus all weather and even though they are better than carpet matts...they are no comparison to the DigitalFit floor liners. As of right now WeatherTech only has the 1st row available for the AWD model. You can go on their website, go to customer service, and select from the right side..."product request". I did this for the 2nd row for my GS.

I also did this for my wife's new vehicle. She just got the new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder we will want the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row, but for right now they don't make any...waiting...

Good luck and at this point I doubt anyone will want our OEM Lexus all weateher matts when they can protect their vehicle better with WeatherTech floor liners. I would just consider it a right-off.
Old 11-07-12, 07:11 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
The DigitalFit ones are called floor liners and they do indeed cover much more area and are made of tougher material than the all weather veriety.

I too purchased the OEM Lexus all weather and even though they are better than carpet matts...they are no comparison to the DigitalFit floor liners. As of right now WeatherTech only has the 1st row available for the AWD model. You can go on their website, go to customer service, and select from the right side..."product request". I did this for the 2nd row for my GS.

I also did this for my wife's new vehicle. She just got the new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder we will want the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row, but for right now they don't make any...waiting...

Good luck and at this point I doubt anyone will want our OEM Lexus all weateher matts when they can protect their vehicle better with WeatherTech floor liners. I would just consider it a right-off.
I'd almost give away my mats for free (I got them with the car. In Canada I think they're standard), just so they're not wasted!

I'll do the product request - I already ordered the front row DigitalFit ($150 Canadian, but better to get now than wait a few months when I'm in the US and by then already have damaged the car). I won't bother with the rears until the trunk liner also comes out, then I may go to Bolingbrook when I'm in the area on business to pick those up.

This thread is going to go OT very fast: We're looking at cars to replace my wife's EX35 with the new child arriving in January. I haven't checked out the new Pathfinder, but it's something we've shortlisted, along with:

* Pilot: Wife will probably veto for looks
* MDX: I think they're redesigning soon so I'd like to wait to see what Acura does
* Pathfinder: Price in Canada is close to the JX35
* JX35: I like the styling (others don't), but for an Infiniti I wish they'd done better than the CVT
* Minivans: Odyssey, Sienna (wife will probably veto all minivans)
* 4Runner: My personal favourite and will meet our criteria of probably being the longest lasting. Unfortunately the third row space isn't huge and the styling isn't something my wife may go for
* Highlander

Our main criteria are that the car lasts a good 5-10 years (both the wife and I have plans to get a couple of supplementary cars (Cayman for him, F-Type for her) in the next decade, so replacing cars every 3 years is not an option). The other criteria is to have some 'decent' room for two car seats, both of us in the front, and occasional room to fit the inlaws.

Let me know if anything is missing off my list. I'm more of a "Japanese" car person, but am open to many other options. Unfortunately, there is a stigma with my wife's family against US cars, so while I like the Flex, and hope that the new GM SUVs will be nice, they're probably off the table.

Actually, to keep this from going OT, feel free to PM me with your thoughts .
Old 11-07-12, 07:24 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM'd you as to not go off topic!
Old 11-09-12, 01:36 PM
AfterDeath
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I reading this correctly? These mats are for AWD but won't fit AWD with F-Sport?
Old 11-09-12, 01:53 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by AfterDeath
Am I reading this correctly? These mats are for AWD but won't fit AWD with F-Sport?
AWD and AWD F-Sport are identical in terms of interior space and where the mats go. They will fit your AWD F-Sport. At least I hope they will, because I ordered them for my F-Sport.
Old 11-09-12, 05:34 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AfterDeath
You might want to call them and ask. 1-800-441-6287
Old 11-12-12, 07:06 PM
Technophil
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just installed them in my AWD F Sport and they fit.
Old 11-12-12, 09:17 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by Technophil
I just installed them in my AWD F Sport and they fit.
Technophil, did you order online from Weathertech in Canada? How long did it take you to receive them? I'm expecting 2-3 weeks but hoping for less. It's been about a week now.
Old 11-13-12, 05:40 PM
Technophil
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It took about 2 weeks. I just ordered the second row...