GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hit and ran by a woman!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-12, 08:21 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and ran by a woman!!!

Sad day guys..I parked my GS in public parking 37-10 37 Ave..near main street in Flushing, Queens this afternoon around 1 pm. And then I left my car there for like 2 hours. I was having lunch with my wife and friends and came back to my car around 3 pm. I parked my car on the edge of parking on the very left spot head first. I started my engine and waiting for all the cars to be cleared to back out from the parking and saw one lady driving Volvo S80 towards me but she was driving on the left side and then she turned left. I was still in the parking spot and did not move at all. She turned her car to the left too close and rub left rare corner of my bumper. As soon as we felt it, my friend went out from the car and got her plate#. She knew she hit my car but she drove away anyway!!!! We kinda lost her for like 10 mins. Good thing we did not give up and try to find her car in the parking lot. Parking lot has 2 levels and we found her car on the 2nd level. My car was parking at the lower level and it happened at lower level. By the time we found her car, she even tried to wash my paint off her car (you can see in the pictures there is water wet spots on the floor on her left side) and left her car. I could not believe it. After that, I called police and made the get the report. Right now Geico told me they would find out what kind of insurance that lady has and try to let them fix my car since it was not my fault. I gonna get the police reports coming week.

I am leasing my GS but I have already decided long ago that I would buy my baby even after the lease finished. If you guys have any ideas or experiences, please share with me or things I should prepare to make them fix my baby, please please let me know, I am all ears and I would appreciate it a lot.

I got lucky because she only hit my bumper. but one of my sensor got messed up. Pictures below....

This is her car. I put the pic with plate number too so you guys can watch out!! She can't drive!!!

You can see water wet spots on the floor

Last edited by pttlwin; 11-07-12 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-29-12, 08:25 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

lol.. wow... sorry about your car.. but that lady is crazy.
Old 09-29-12, 08:39 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car. Hope everything settles and she's back to new asap.
Old 09-29-12, 09:11 PM
Splashman
Driver School Candidate

I hope she is cited for leaving the scene of an accident. Many people don't take responsibility for their actions.
Old 09-29-12, 09:18 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

the funny thing was there were a lot of people and she just ran off....Also do you guys think Geico going to make me fix it at their shops or at lexus dealer? I dont really feel comfy fixing my car at shops other than lexus. Seriously hope she would go back to her perfect condition....
Old 09-29-12, 09:23 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

also should I contact the lexus dealer where I got my car and ask about options to fix it or it is still too early to do it and wait for police report and geico?
Old 09-29-12, 10:28 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

as long as she's paying (and you better hope she has insurance) take it to Lexus and use the shop that they use to fix their cars. as long as she's paying,,, tell them you want a new bumper and sensor,,, no alcohol and band-aids,,, you want new. i know, i've had 2 GS-F Sports hit 1 SP and 1 OB. the SP was hit at Queens Center Mall while parked,,, the OB was hit in Bklyn. while parked. thanx for the heads up with the license plate#. i have Geico also so don't let them BS you. The damage to the OB was 3,310.00 the adjuster estimated it at 1,100.00. so Billy had to send a supplement for the rest. DON"T LET GEICO BS YOU!!! sorry about the incident glad everyone involved is ok. she'll be good as new don't worry. and tell Geico you want original parts and not aftermarket. the car is to new so aftermarket might not have anything for your car anyway,,, but just in case.
Old 09-29-12, 11:38 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

DId you wait for her to get her car bak?
Old 09-30-12, 12:37 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is it a good idea?

Sorry to hear of your ordeal. The first thing that came to mind was that I am not so sure it's a good idea to post her license plate number just in case she is found to be not guilty of the offense. Maybe there is no issue legally but you may want to consider removing that picture. Good luck in getting your baby fixed!
Old 09-30-12, 01:23 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

So what's it like speaking to a criminal after you caught her in the act (of trying to flee the scene and tamper with the evidence that she hit your car)?

That must've been an awkward conversation. Was she the least bit ashamed of her criminal actions?
Old 09-30-12, 01:31 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Very irresponsible of her! Good thing you caught her in the act otherwise she would've got away with it. Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 09-30-12, 02:49 AM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It looks like it was just your bumper cover and no metal was damaged; that's a good thing! Unfortunately it will still show up on a CarFax.
What a horrible lady! I have seen people hit cars and then leave, and I always get the plate number to leave it for the victim. Unfortunately the courtesy hasn't been extended to me. Two of my cars have been hit and run victims with no note left on my car.
The other thing that bugs me is that it looks like even that Volvo has power fold-in mirrors!
Old 09-30-12, 07:10 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by richard203
DId you wait for her to get her car bak?
We waited for like 4 hours since we had to wait for the police but she never came back. She even put parking meter for like 8 hrs because that parking has 16 hrs meters
Old 09-30-12, 07:12 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by dmvp29
So what's it like speaking to a criminal after you caught her in the act (of trying to flee the scene and tamper with the evidence that she hit your car)?

That must've been an awkward conversation. Was she the least bit ashamed of her criminal actions?
After she hit my car, she ran off and we lost her for like 10 mins. But we knew the look/license plate number of her car so we looked for her car in parking lot. But by the time we found her car, she was long gone after she tried washing off my paint from her car.
Old 09-30-12, 07:15 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
as long as she's paying (and you better hope she has insurance) take it to Lexus and use the shop that they use to fix their cars. as long as she's paying,,, tell them you want a new bumper and sensor,,, no alcohol and band-aids,,, you want new. i know, i've had 2 GS-F Sports hit 1 SP and 1 OB. the SP was hit at Queens Center Mall while parked,,, the OB was hit in Bklyn. while parked. thanx for the heads up with the license plate#. i have Geico also so don't let them BS you. The damage to the OB was 3,310.00 the adjuster estimated it at 1,100.00. so Billy had to send a supplement for the rest. DON"T LET GEICO BS YOU!!! sorry about the incident glad everyone involved is ok. she'll be good as new don't worry. and tell Geico you want original parts and not aftermarket. the car is to new so aftermarket might not have anything for your car anyway,,, but just in case.
Thanks for the advice. I will take it to Lexus dealer and ask the estimate. I don't trust geico either.

Quick Reply: Hit and ran by a woman!!!