GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hard body

Old 11-16-12, 07:49 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeroIS
Do you guys have a step by step procedure for applying wolfs hard body (wash the car before? after?) Also, how long after you got the car did you decide to seal it? I recently picked my car up two weeks ago, so I'm assuming the dealership waxed it before it left the lot.
wash the car, dry the car. if it needs to be clayed, i advise you to clay it. if you have clearcoat scratches or swirls you want to get rid of, get rid of them. the paint should be as close perfect as possible although not necessary. IMO you should correct the paint, it doesn't have to be perfect. you can seal your car the day you buy it. it's called a New Car Prep. the detail done at the dealer is a joke. IMO i would get that crap off my car and do it properly. that's just me....
Old 11-30-12, 08:51 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Syd,
As someone said, this stuff is crazy. I was looking at some old pictures of the car when I first got it.... Never thought how much Wolf's chemicals did until I saw the old picture. It could be the light/air condition too but they totally look way different.
Thanks.

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-30-12, 09:29 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i just uploaded some more pics to my Macbook last night from my Sony Cyber Shot. i'll have to get a camera for christmas. but yes bn, this HB is ridiculous. i'm going to experiment when spring arrives. IMO the results are going to be bananas. even though i don't think we can get these cars any shinier.
Old 11-30-12, 09:30 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

BTW bn... have you tried the Wolfs Rim Shield on your wheels yet?
Old 11-30-12, 01:15 PM
1111GS

No, I have not. In fact, I was wondering what to use on the wheels too. For now, I just wash them. What does that stuff do for you?
Old 11-30-12, 01:29 PM
LexFather

Wow, that looks impressive. I have to say the paint job on the GS seems to be at a level at the LS price point. It seems incredible to me.
Old 11-30-12, 04:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
No, I have not. In fact, I was wondering what to use on the wheels too. For now, I just wash them. What does that stuff do for you?
it protects the wheels from all the brake dust build up, they become much easier to wash. reg. car shampoo and water, no scrubbing etc. i wash my wheels once a week and find very minimal brake dust. the front wheels have very little (and you have to bend over and look to see it) and the rear has close to nothing on them. our wheels are silver so IMO it's a must. people always ask why my wheels are always clean, and i tell them i have a thing about sparkling clean cars.
Old 12-03-12, 10:09 AM
1111GS

Thanks. I remember you post something about the water running effortlessly on the paint. I didn't experience that until the other day after the second coat was on. This stuff definitely is crazy. And the crazier part was I was closing the trunk and my fingers slipped.
Old 12-03-12, 11:05 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. I remember you post something about the water running effortlessly on the paint. I didn't experience that until the other day after the second coat was on. This stuff definitely is crazy. And the crazier part was I was closing the trunk and my fingers slipped.
The power trunk would come handy in this case. I'm so mad that Lexus skimp the power trunk on US 4GS.
Old 12-03-12, 12:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

beautiful thing isn't it. the nano shampoo has trouble staying on the car. it's a very slick shampoo. it looks white but if you give it a good shake(recommended) it turns green. that's the nano stuff rising to the surface. have you tried the open end hose method to rinse and dry the car?
Old 12-03-12, 01:02 PM
1111GS

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
beautiful thing isn't it. the nano shampoo has trouble staying on the car. it's a very slick shampoo. it looks white but if you give it a good shake(recommended) it turns green. that's the nano stuff rising to the surface. have you tried the open end hose method to rinse and dry the car?
You know too much about this stuff. I do read instructions in general but didn't read instruction on this shampoo. I did not know about the green stuff. When I poured it out, it was always whitish. We'll do next time. I haven't tried open end hose. I usually squeeze the nozzle half way more less like spraying when I wash the car. I put a 3rd coat on over the weekend. This morning when I was leaving it looked as if it would rain but it didn't.
On a side note, there was this white GS flying through heavy traffic this morning. It came from behind. I got excited but all I could see was it had a dealer plate, white, and non-sport. I wondered why he didn't slow down to enjoy the beauty of HB! I was hoping he would drive near me so I could see the GS in action. This was only the 3rd GS I saw on road since I bought the car. One black and two whites. I see more 5, A6s and Es. That guy was too mean to the car. This type of things makes me not want to let the dealer pick up my car at home/office for service.
Old 12-03-12, 02:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

You know too much about this stuff. I do read instructions in general but didn't read instruction on this shampoo. I did not know about the green stuff. When I poured it out, it was always whitish. We'll do next time. I haven't tried open end hose. I usually squeeze the nozzle half way more less like spraying when I wash the car. I put a 3rd coat on over the weekend. This morning when I was leaving it looked as if it would rain but it didn't.
On a side note, there was this white GS flying through heavy traffic this morning. It came from behind. I got excited but all I could see was it had a dealer plate, white, and non-sport. I wondered why he didn't slow down to enjoy the beauty of HB! I was hoping he would drive near me so I could see the GS in action. This was only the 3rd GS I saw on road since I bought the car. One black and two whites. I see more 5, A6s and Es. That guy was too mean to the car. This type of things makes me not want to let the dealer pick up my car at home/office for service.
alot of people drive as though they're in a hurry... going nowhere fast, makes no sense to me. be careful with the HB it's addictive.
Old 12-03-12, 03:51 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alot of people drive as though they're in a hurry... going nowhere fast, makes no sense to me. be careful with the HB it's addictive.
When I was young, my Dad used to drive us around at the speed limit or less. We'd ask him why he drives so slow and he'd reply with his thick Greek accent, "I go slow, so we get there on time."
Old 12-03-12, 03:59 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili
When I was young, my Dad used to drive us around at the speed limit or less. We'd ask him why he drives so slow and he'd reply with his thick Greek accent, "I go slow, so we get there on time."
first time i've heard that... he was probably right.
Old 12-03-12, 04:08 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first time i've heard that... he was probably right.
Yeah, he was taking into account things like: can't get pulled over by a cop to slow him down, less chance to get hit by another car, or hit something. I guess there was a method to his madness. If he were still alive, he would have the same philosophy to this day...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard body