Advice on buying a used 2013 with almost all the options

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-15, 06:45 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on buying a used 2013 with almost all the options

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...28/overview/#8 is what I am looking at

This car has the luxary package, Mark Levingston, Heads up Display retail price $58,888 and on sale for $36,858
also looking at a 2014 acura RLX 16K miles advanced Package, Krell 16K miles $37K

Either way I am at 6.9% financing on this. I don't know jack about leasing but would I be better leasing a car and then buying it at the end when the 2016's come out? My Goal is the most bang for the buck and I want to not eat as much depreciation as I can. The plan I have on the car is driving it to the ground like everything else I have bought before. I do have the plan of putting normal or less then normal miles on it and not high milage. I am scared of a lease because I don't want to throw $25K down the drain for using a car and have nothing to show for it. For instance I throw 25K and drive the car 30K miles that is almost $1 a mile. I can buy a car with 36K miles for $36K and put 250K miles on it that is like what .30 compared to $1? I am not sure if you see my point. I have been staying up all night day after day wondering what to do. I need to buy something so in a year or two I can get a house since I got established credit after paying on this for awhile. I don't plan on financing it all the way out. I can buy cash if I wanted to. Another thing is do I wait until a lot of the leases are up and when they have a lot of cars try to make a deal on one? I don't know what the best thing to do is. I don't know why I am so stuck in my ways, I have to have like a great deal or I don't want it. It just something I don't have to have. Just getting a good deal without buying some broken down junk is becoming hard. I don't know what is good or what isn't good and if you call a car dealership to ask if it is good or not they try to sell you their own stuff.
Old 04-07-15, 07:10 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

The GS 350 you are considering is at Park Place Lexus - Grapevine. Park Place Lexus (either Grapevine, TX or Plano, TX) are excellent DFW dealerships. Park Place Grapevine happens to have over 30 pre-owned GS 350s in their inventory. My best guess is that they would like to move a lot of this inventory, which means they will take a hefty discount off the advertised price. Red is not a very popular exterior color, and black interior with the red exterior makes it even less in-demand. And, while the mileage is not real high, it's not very low either. I would say they would be willing to really deal on that car...
Old 04-07-15, 07:23 PM
krava
Lead Lap

any idea what offer I should go in there with then? right now it is $36,888
Old 04-07-15, 07:30 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

I see you are in Iowa, so I'm guessing you will not be dealing in-person. I have no clue what condition the car is in. My guess is the interior and mechanics are excellent, but I don't know about stuff like front bumper and windshield chips. That kind of stuff would drive me crazy not being able to see it in-person...

Anyway, I'd say you could probably buy the car for around $33k-$34k, maybe even less than that...depending on things.

Last edited by bclexus; 04-07-15 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 07:42 PM
krava
Lead Lap

I am in Louisiana, I am about 2.5 hours away from there
Old 04-07-15, 07:47 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by krava
I am in Louisiana, I am about 2.5 hours away from there
Oh, okay. I thought Ia was Iowa. Maybe you should capitalize the L in your 'location'. You must be in east LA, like around Shreveport...
Old 04-07-15, 08:23 PM
wgu8213
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
The GS 350 you are considering is at Park Place Lexus - Grapevine. Park Place Lexus (either Grapevine, TX or Plano, TX) are excellent DFW dealerships. Park Place Grapevine happens to have over 30 pre-owned GS 350s in their inventory. My best guess is that they would like to move a lot of this inventory, which means they will take a hefty discount off the advertised price. Red is not a very popular exterior color, and black interior with the red exterior makes it even less in-demand. And, while the mileage is not real high, it's not very low either. I would say they would be willing to really deal on that car...
Red with black interior is not in demand? Shame. I love my red with black interior. The red is really underrated.
Old 04-08-15, 12:28 AM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought 2 Lexus's from Park Place Grapevine with Jay King. He does new Leases and used cars.
Highly recommend Park Place dealerships!
Old 04-08-15, 02:45 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

What numbers are you using to calculate spending 25k on a lease? Not trying to sway you one way or another but that sounds highly exaggerated. For a 27/12k lease I will be spending about 17k and that doesn't include my trade in that I received a check for. These are great cars to lease if you negotiate properly. Good luck!
Old 04-08-15, 05:12 AM
wiredup
Driver School Candidate

Why are you at 6.9% APR? You'll be wiping out so much of the good deal on a bad interest rate...
Old 04-08-15, 05:43 AM
krava
Lead Lap

6.9% because I don't have any "Long Term" credit. my credit score is 740 and that is because of only 8 months of total credit history. I was at 25K or so when I had 0 credit and was going to put down a 1 time lump lease. Whatever I do I want to be able to keep the car for a long time. I have no idea how to "negotiate" a lease. There are a lot of factors in that. I know there is monthly payment, how long the term is, and something about a residual. My guy that I know that has a lot of master degree's told me that leases are for "suckers" I am not sure what he means by that. I am not sure what is better though. I am going to lexus of Shreveport in a few minutes and then maybe to grapevine lexus in Dallas later. I might end up doing a lease on a 2016 (which will have to wait until the fall, but give me time for my credit to go back up after all those inquires). I am not keen on having to pay close to MSRP when everything is said and done on a car. I prefer the 20K off.
Old 04-08-15, 05:46 AM
krava
Lead Lap

Here is the info I got when I tried to the do the lease with 0 credit the first time back 8 months ago.:

I hope you had a good weekend.

To follow up on our conversation Irene and I have put together this opportunity for you that accomplishes two things.

1. With your credit, Irene was able to get you into a one pay lease for $23,305 for a term of 33 months.

2. This lease will establish a positive credit history for you which will allow you to purchase the car, or any car, at a lower interest rate when that time comes.

Right now, if you were to purchase and finance for 5 years, your rate would be 9.5% for that term. With this lease, the interest rate for 33 months is 7.5% and that has already been applied to the one pay of $23,305.28. For 33 months you make no payments. The residual cost of the car after 33 months will be $32,722.00. This is the price of the car that you will finance should you choose to buy it at the end of the lease term. Also, with the established credit, your interest rate will be lower thus making the purchase a lot more economical.

In addition, Lexus is providing $1,750 lease cash which has been included. This cash “rebate” is not provided on a purchase so that is another advantage of the one pay lease.

You mentioned being responsible for dents and dings etc. We do have a product the protects you for these as well which can be added to the lease should you decide to do so. Irene can discuss that with you.

The reason why I’ve chosen to do this with a new car rather than a pre-owned car is that Irene was able to sell our position to Lexus a lot easier than a pre-owned finance manager would have. Don’t ask me why but it’s easier to get financing on the new car than it is on a pre-owned car.

Please call me if you have questions. I have the car reserved. Please see the spec sheet that is attached.

Thanks,

Tom Melvin

Sewell Lexus Dallas

214-353-2001 direct

214-282-6445 cell
Old 04-08-15, 08:14 AM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It sounds to me like you are concerned about interest rates for future auto purchases. Please research the criteria used for credit reports for auto loans. Auto loan credit scores are not the same as regular credit scores and can vary by a large amount. One criteria used is the amount of credit card credit used each month. If you pay it off in full each month you would need to do this BEFORE the statement is sent so the balance due is 0. Just remember the credit score used will vary.

If you can wait, I got 0.9% interest for a 2015RX350 during the December to Remember sale. That is almost like free money!!
Old 04-08-15, 08:31 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I had my eye on an Advanced RLX with Krell package for awhile. My wife hated the way it looked and it didn't have the sporty drive we craved. The only thing we liked were the Krell stereo, roomy back seats and privacy window screens.
Old 04-08-15, 09:51 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
I had my eye on an Advanced RLX with Krell package for awhile. My wife hated the way it looked and it didn't have the sporty drive we craved. The only thing we liked were the Krell stereo, roomy back seats and privacy window screens.
Sorry for being rude... but why your wife is involved in car decision that going to be yours? My wife don't care what car I buy for myself, she is happy if i'm happy...

BTW... I had 2014 RLX with Advanced package + Krell audio, great car but depreciation is huge

Quick Reply: Advice on buying a used 2013 with almost all the options