GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Windnoise from Driver's side GS4

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 08:10 PM
ryoohee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned the GS4 for 3weeks now. At the beginning when i purchase this car, i hear the wind noise from the driver's side. At the time of 1K service, i explained this compliant and the technician in dealer are try to fix this problems, but it failed so far. The car is in the dealer last One week and use loaner car at this moment.

They changed whole window, put some patch from guidance on Lexus and waiting for different approach,,,,
Does anyone give an advise and comment show shall i resolve it. thank you in advance.

Last edited by ryoohee; 08-23-12 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-24-12, 06:28 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigerL4
If you have the protective film on the mirrors, I'd bet my pay check that that is the problem.
I have the protective film on my mirrors and I have no wind noise at any speed.
Old 08-24-12, 11:21 AM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped mine off this morning, and the loaner I got doesn't have the same windnoise at all. In fact I hear the tires more than anything.

I'm pretty sure the protective film isn't a factor, but something is. I got a call back about an hour ago, and the service tech says he can hear it in my car, but not two others he's driven.

I hope to know more about what they find out at the end of the day, so I'll post back what I find out.
Old 08-24-12, 03:55 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Quick update.

Looks like I'll have the loaner through the weekend. The Service Manager said they certainly noticed a difference and have contacted Lexus in CA for debugging the noise.

They have been given a few things to look at, so perhaps I may know something on Saturday since the service department is open and will work on my car.

More to come later.

- JC
Old 08-24-12, 04:00 PM
ryoohee
Driver School Candidate

I forwarded "protective film on mirrors on wind noise", they said no protective film in my car, then they will escalated this window noice issue to Lexus in CA for debugging the noise for next week. So I am using loaner car almost TWO week and my car is in the dealer.
Old 08-24-12, 04:33 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

This is worrying me, as i am thinking of buying a Lexus GS .
Is it a certain batch, effecting a number of vehicles made in a certain time frame ? or is it completely random,.

It would be interesting if all who are complaining of this would share your vehicle's production dates.
Maybe there is a correlation ?

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 08-24-12 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-24-12, 05:15 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
This is worrying me, as i am thinking of buying a Lexus GS .
Is it a certain batch, effecting a number of vehicles made in a certain time frame ? or is it completely random,.

It would be interesting if all who are complaining of this would share your vehicle's production dates.
Maybe there is a correlation ?
I wouldn't let this stop you from getting a GS. This is still a very nice car, and this issue isn't mechanical or anything serious.

Personally I think it has something to do with the window not seating all the way up into the frame.

The loaner I have is a base model, and I own the luxury package will almost all the bells and toys. It is surprising how different they feel and drive since there isn't that big a difference in major components. The active suspension is the most notable difference and worth the upgraded luxury options. I kinda wish the rear seat radio/temp controls had a headphone jack and separate volume controls, but it's not too often I have backseat passengers, with the exception of a "backseat driver" once and while...

- JC
Old 08-24-12, 07:43 PM
Mojo122
Driver

Originally Posted by jscgs350
I dropped mine off this morning, and the loaner I got doesn't have the same windnoise at all. In fact I hear the tires more than anything.

I'm pretty sure the protective film isn't a factor, but something is. I got a call back about an hour ago, and the service tech says he can hear it in my car, but not two others he's driven.

I hope to know more about what they find out at the end of the day, so I'll post back what I find out.
I had the chance to take my car up on the highway and with the radio off, no wind noise heard. I would agree that it's not the film since I have that on my mirrors. Someone is bound to figure it out sooner or later.
Old 08-24-12, 07:59 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jscgs350
I wouldn't let this stop you from getting a GS. This is still a very nice car, and this issue isn't mechanical or anything serious.

Personally I think it has something to do with the window not seating all the way up into the frame.

The loaner I have is a base model, and I own the luxury package will almost all the bells and toys. It is surprising how different they feel and drive since there isn't that big a difference in major components. The active suspension is the most notable difference and worth the upgraded luxury options. I kinda wish the rear seat radio/temp controls had a headphone jack and separate volume controls, but it's not too often I have backseat passengers, with the exception of a "backseat driver" once and while...

- JC
I think you're probably right re: the seating of the windows because so many of us don't have this issue. I hope they get this fixed for you.
Old 08-25-12, 09:37 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

When shopping for my RX I test drove two that had the wind noise problem ur talking about. It was so annoying I cut the test drive and drove right back to the dealership.
Old 11-04-12, 07:25 AM
radiatore
Driver School Candidate

Any updates on the wind noise from the drivers side. I just bought the 2013 lexus GS and I am having the same noise problem and at highway speeds on the driver's side. I am pissed!
Old 11-04-12, 03:36 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

are you sure it's not coming from the moonroof? close the cover over the moonroof to see if it goes away. if it's the moonroof, there is a bulletin on that and any dealership should be able to adjust it. I got mine fixed.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 11-04-12, 05:02 PM
radiatore
Driver School Candidate

no definitely coming from the side mirror as other people have mentioned. You can hear it when your put the window down. I have the protective film; other people have pointed that as the culprit while others have not.
Old 11-05-12, 07:49 AM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

As dumb as this may sound...i thought i heard the same thing...then realized my seat air conditioning is on (more prominent if your GS air conditioned seats turn on when your car comes on)
Old 11-07-12, 08:12 PM
Geekaye
Driver School Candidate

Default F-Sport 350GS Driver side wind noise

I am also experiencing wind noise on the drivers side. I have taken it in for the dealer to fix. The dealer tried, but the noise is still there. I have reported the problem to Lexus and they have open up a problem ticket for evaluation. If enough people do the same, Lexus might decide to do something to fix. For what I paid for this car, I don't expect hear any wind noise!

Quick Reply: Windnoise from Driver's side GS4