GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Careful where you park

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 08:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Careful where you park

this is what happened to my SP GS F-Sport a couple of months ago. it's not a door ding. it was the ***holes tire. it started at the middle of the door. wife hates where i park,,, don't care. the more you try to avoid it the better the chances of it happening. haters are dangerous and stupid. so "BCWYP.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-26-12 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 08:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

damn shame,, the dumb **** people will do. should have posted when it happened,, my bad. thought i'd share. have a diff color now,,, long story...
Old 07-27-12, 04:20 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sux, dude. People should be more careful.

What do you mean that you "have a different color now?" Share the long story...
Old 07-27-12, 04:28 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

dola,

I was on the elliptical at the healthclub a couple weeks ago and I could see the parking lot out the picture window while I'm working out.

Some guy parks next to my GS and opens his car door. From my angle, it looked like his door dinged my door, He even got out and looked at my passenger door, as if he dinged it.

He walked into the club and was about to start working out when I approached him and said, "Hey, you got a minute? Follow me..." Much bigger guy than me, but I wasn't intimidated.

He followed me out into the parking lot and I told him that I believe he might have dinged my car. So, I asked him to open his door and see if it lined up with a very light mark that I noticed on my passenger door. Luckily his door while fully opened, couldn't reach mine, so I knew he didn't cause the mark.

We went back into the club and continued the workout...

Moral of the story: New car owners are extremely worried about this stuff. Rightfully so...
Old 07-27-12, 04:34 AM
Mojo122
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What drives me cray is that I'm the guy that parks a mile away from anyone else in a parking lot only to find someone parked beside when you return. Nine times out of ten it's not someone who cares about their car and figures their car is safe next to yours.
Old 07-27-12, 05:23 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

^ THIS! Infuriates me to no end.
Old 07-27-12, 06:13 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

I'm interested in the long story as well
Old 07-27-12, 08:44 AM
Splashman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mojo122
What drives me cray is that I'm the guy that parks a mile away from anyone else in a parking lot only to find someone parked beside when you return. Nine times out of ten it's not someone who cares about their car and figures their car is safe next to yours.
It's amazing and people that don't take care of their car thinks you are ridiculous for being annoyed. It is infuriating. All we want to do is protect our car from them.
Old 07-27-12, 09:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojo122
And for me, its always the biggest damn truck in the lot. Crew cab, dually...unreal!
Old 07-27-12, 04:26 PM
nantang
Driver

I remember a few years back having to stay at a cheap hotel overnight while attending a medical education course. I parked way away from all the beat up cars, but my ES350 really stood out. Anyone looking for a car to vandalize or burglarize would surely have spotted mine. I thought to myself as I went to bed that evening, "please don't let my car be the most expensive one in the parking lot." I got up the next morning to find, parked next to mine, a Jaguar and a Lexus SC430, huddled together for safety.
Old 07-27-12, 06:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nantang
I remember a few years back having to stay at a cheap hotel overnight while attending a medical education course. I parked way away from all the beat up cars, but my ES350 really stood out. Anyone looking for a car to vandalize or burglarize would surely have spotted mine. I thought to myself as I went to bed that evening, "please don't let my car be the most expensive one in the parking lot." I got up the next morning to find, parked next to mine, a Jaguar and a Lexus SC430, huddled together for safety.
that was cool
Old 07-28-12, 07:32 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default That's a crying shame!

Sorry man and I hope it can be rubbed out and the metal reshaped without too much of a problem. Good luck!
Old 07-28-12, 01:42 PM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

I'm sorry to hear about your car...

A couple of weeks ago I was out walking my dog late at night. My neighbor pulls in, quite quickly only inches away from my car, opens her door against my two week old car and manages to squeaze herself out . She was so close she had to walk sideways to get out. I asked her nicely to move her car, not thinking that she'd have to squeaze back in

She does so only maybe two inches and repeats. I moved my car to another spot.

People just have no respect or common courtesy for other peoples belongings!!
Old 08-09-12, 11:48 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Sorry to see that man...I seriously hate those kind of people who dont give a damn about somebody else's car. I used to live in Queens, NY and have seen so many people like that. The funny thing is most of those people got crappy/junky peice of crap cars so they dont really respect other cars. People who love their cars and respect other people's car (people like us) will always be on the loosing side.
Old 08-09-12, 06:13 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Uh yeah, you must park next to people. Gotta do better. I know you think it will happen regardless, but don't make it easy for people.

Quick Reply: Careful where you park