GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

ML Issue w/ iPod Indexing

Old 06-23-12, 01:27 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default ML Issue w/ iPod Indexing

My ML audio system is occasionally flaking out when accessing my iPod. Is anyone else having similar issues?

- I keep an iPod classic plugged into the car.

- 95% of the time, it works as designed.

- Occasionally, when using the steering wheel or on-screen control to move to the next track, a message is displayed, reading something like "Reading information from iPod, please wait."

- Most times after the message displays, nothing happens. Sometimes the next track is selected.

- Yesterday it did both of these actions at different times and then the radio turned off by itself when hitting the index forward button. When I turned the radio back on, the iPod was not immediately appearing in the list of music sources. When it did appear after a few seconds, it started playing at the beginning of some other album.
Old 06-23-12, 02:31 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an iPod Touch connected to my car and it's never (to this point at least) skipped a beat. I do receive the "Reading Information" message you described and it happens when the system is trying to update the album art on the car's display. I can't do anything further until the album art has been pulled from the iPod Touch.

Has this issue always happened or is it a new occurrence? If it's been happening all along, it may be an issue specific to the iPod Classic. If you can try an iPod Touch (yours or someone else's), I'd suggest doing that to eliminate one of the parts of the system.
Old 06-23-12, 08:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
My ML audio system is occasionally flaking out when accessing my iPod. Is anyone else having similar issues?

- Occasionally, when using the steering wheel or on-screen control to move to the next track, a message is displayed, reading something like "Reading information from iPod, please wait."

- Most times after the message displays, nothing happens. Sometimes the next track is selected.

- Yesterday it did both of these actions at different times and then the radio turned off by itself when hitting the index forward button. When I turned the radio back on, the iPod was not immediately appearing in the list of music sources. When it did appear after a few seconds, it started playing at the beginning of some other album.
That happened to me on my iPod Nano 2 a few times. I haven't checked to see if I have the latest firmware, but that might be something to update.
Old 06-23-12, 10:06 AM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Occasionally the system fails to recognize my IPod Touch and I have to reboot it. I think this is a ML issue because it never happened with my Audi.
Old 06-23-12, 01:42 PM
LexusVTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with flipside. Also do you leave your iPod in the car during the day? Could be overheating and that could be why. I can't tell you how many demos I've done where iPhones, iPads or iPods are left in cars and they stop, shut down, or become inactive. But maybe that's just a problem we have in Texas haha
Old 06-23-12, 02:03 PM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner

I have an iPod Classic and I was experiencing the same exact thing you are. Restarting the iPod would correct the issue. Finally I just reloaded all my music back on my iPod have have not had the problem since.
Old 06-24-12, 04:30 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, I rebooted the iPod and I'll see how that works. Thanks.