GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Official Worlds 1st: USDM 2013 GS350 F-Sport w/JDM Fog Lamps Installed, Video Inside!

Old 01-09-13, 08:25 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great guys! I always found it odd that Lexus deleted the foglights from US GS F-Sports 2013. Hopefully they will offer them for 2014.
Old 01-10-13, 10:17 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe Z,

i just saw your post on 3Gen IS forum section in reference to JDM Fog Lights on F Sport you did recently. so can we go to Nigel-JDMParts to get the whole kit or is that something that is being worked out right now?

Thanks,
Old 01-10-13, 11:15 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mrsardar
Joe Z,

i just saw your post on 3Gen IS forum section in reference to JDM Fog Lights on F Sport you did recently. so can we go to Nigel-JDMParts to get the whole kit or is that something that is being worked out right now?

Thanks,
He is already selling the parts for the new GS..
Check out the CL Vendor area or send him a PM for more details..

~ Joe Z
Old 06-08-13, 12:19 PM
mmendez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Job, Joe Z I just Bought my GS 350 F and I like what you did, I wouldn't mind drive from Georgia to NC to get mine done, can I get their number?
Old 06-17-13, 11:25 PM
WalterW
10th Gear

Awesome info guys ... After endless research I found a way to turn on the foglight indicator on the cluster... After wiring in the Oem stalk... Finally .
Old 06-19-13, 09:43 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
He is already selling the parts for the new GS..
Check out the CL Vendor area or send him a PM for more details..

~ Joe Z
Thank You Joe

We have the Fog Light Kit listed on our website

www.nigel-jdmparts.com

Feel free to pm / facebook / email us Info@nigel-jdmparts.com for any JDM parts such as TRD Japan, Lexus Japan and more.
Old 06-24-13, 04:05 AM
HizGSF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Foglight indicator on the cluster

Originally Posted by WalterW
Awesome info guys ... After endless research I found a way to turn on the foglight indicator on the cluster... After wiring in the Oem stalk... Finally .
How did you get your foglight indicator to turn on? I had the OEM stack installed the foglight works great, but the cluster does not turn on. Any help would be great.
Old 06-24-13, 06:20 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by HizGSF
How did you get your foglight indicator to turn on? I had the OEM stack installed the foglight works great, but the cluster does not turn on. Any help would be great.
I am also curious. Ordering my harness and stalk by the end of the week
Old 07-01-13, 10:55 PM
WalterW
10th Gear

Which method did you hook up oem stalk with??? Ground trigger or positive trigger? The multiplex control unit needs to see a signal ... The car is actually prewired (well most of the car). What kinda of wiring harness are you using under hood??

Originally Posted by HizGSF
Old 07-02-13, 04:41 AM
2013gs350
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

please some one post all part Numbers and the place to order a kit with harness
Old 07-04-13, 07:55 AM
mmendez
Driver School Candidate

Hey the entire kit is for sale here:
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/vehicl...-light-housing
Old 08-02-13, 02:35 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WalterW
Which method did you hook up oem stalk with??? Ground trigger or positive trigger? The multiplex control unit needs to see a signal ... The car is actually prewired (well most of the car). What kinda of wiring harness are you using under hood??
I am at that point too. I have the kit but need to know where to make the connections OEM connections. Is the wiring to the steering wheel stalk prewired for fog lights? I wish I could find a wiring diagram for this car
Old 08-02-13, 07:16 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am at that point too. I have the kit but need to know where to make the connections OEM connections. Is the wiring to the steering wheel stalk prewired for fog lights? I wish I could find a wiring diagram for this car
It wouldn't really help since the GS F-Sport does not come with fog lights or the wiring for it. You could try this link.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...g-diagram.html
Old 08-02-13, 07:21 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. I guess what concerns me is this.: Where do I tie into the wiring that comes from the stalk. I assume that the new stalk has additional output points that send the power to the relay for the fogs.

I just like to know what I need to do before tearing into something, if you know what I mean.
Old 08-05-13, 10:12 PM
WalterW
10th Gear

Ok so the headlight stalk known as N28 has 3 extra pins for foglight control, of the 3 extra pins(very noticeable) the center one is ground input for the foglight portion of the switch only, one closes to the outside of the connector(the one you be using) is for going to the foglight relay (negative trigger now) the inner one not used is for ukdm rear foglight.
From that point on you can either go directly to the engine compartment ( foglight relay ) or tie in the factory foglight indicator. To tie in the foglight indicator you need to add a wire to the BCM connector 5D pin 22 ( BCM side facing rear of vehicle second connector from the top). BECAREFUL ( BCM can only see negative signal) use a diode when sending negative signal to this wire to avoid feed back from relay. The relay kit I got from Nigel was a positive trigger setup so you have to switch the pins on the relay for that.

I spent 2-3 months few hours at a time after work to figure out the wiring from a 2013 Base gs-350 manual. If you really really want to go ALL OEM. You have to buy a base model Integrated relay block (inside the outside relay block) for $400.

Keep in mind the figure light indicator is CAN bus driven. Doesn't matter which way you hook it up (ignition or parking light trigger) it will only turn on like stock (only with the low beams on)

I have pictures or schematics and finished pix but can't upload it on my phone.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have questions!

Last edited by WalterW; 08-06-13 at 10:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Worlds 1st: USDM 2013 GS350 F-Sport w/JDM Fog Lamps Installed, Video Inside!