GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

PS Module installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-13, 11:32 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foxisbubba
WOW! great play by play. I just recvd mine Friday and had an appt for Mon for an install. I am going to do it myself instead.
Quick question. Did you disconnect the battery for this as the instructions call for?
thanks
No, I didn't bother disconnecting the battery. I knew I wasn't going to be stripping any wires or anything.

Good idea on DIY, it's that easy.
Old 08-03-13, 11:51 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
No, I didn't bother disconnecting the battery. I knew I wasn't going to be stripping any wires or anything.

Doing this without disconnecting the battery is fine BUT be careful NOT to engage the power before everything is put back together.

If the car is accidently powered up during the install OR if a cable was not reconnected properly, there will most likely be error lights that will come on that are usually difficult to reset.

It's also a good idea to do this without the electronic starter key nearby just in case.
Old 08-03-13, 01:28 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by terrycs
Doing this without disconnecting the battery is fine BUT be careful NOT to engage the power before everything is put back together.

If the car is accidently powered up during the install OR if a cable was not reconnected properly, there will most likely be error lights that will come on that are usually difficult to reset.

It's also a good idea to do this without the electronic starter key nearby just in case.
I left the key inside the house so as not to have an issue (plus the constant dinging with the door open would have made me crazy)
Old 08-04-13, 08:47 PM
foxisbubba
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Install complete
Couple of tips for others:

Each time you start the vehicle you have to activate the info tainment system by pressing --++ on the steering wheel controls

there is a male / female connector for each plug that you replace a total of 2 connectors that become 4 connections.
Old 08-05-13, 02:01 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by foxisbubba
Install complete
Couple of tips for others:

Each time you start the vehicle you have to activate the info tainment system by pressing --++ on the steering wheel controls

there is a male / female connector for each plug that you replace a total of 2 connectors that become 4 connections.
I haven't had to re-activate mine since installing it and activating it. The DVD in the player continues to play
Old 08-05-13, 06:43 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I haven't had to re-activate mine since installing it and activating it. The DVD in the player continues to play
So to get the GPS in the right position that's the only time you have to activate the module right?
Old 08-05-13, 06:45 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yardie876
So to get the GPS in the right position that's the only time you have to activate the module right?
That is my understanding of how it works
Old 08-05-13, 08:22 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Alright, so I got brave yesterday and wanted to see how "difficult" it is to remove the garnish around the stereo unit. It's not hard at all, freakishly easy actually. I didn't disconnect the Start button, and I'm not even sure that would be required, from what I was able to see. I saw the two bolts that were mentioned earlier, and everything seems to be pretty straight forward. I have some pictures of the garhish removed and what the clips look like if anyone is interested. I did not remove the stereo unit, as I don't have the PS kit yet.
Old 08-05-13, 08:37 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

I disconnected the start switch because you will need that space to swing the head unit around towards the drivers side to access the back. The connctor on the start switch to way too easy not to, IMO.
Old 08-05-13, 08:51 AM
terrycs
Instructor

That is my understanding of how it works
Actually ... the data input capability of the car is allowed when you activate using --++ sequence. While the PS module is active, GPS will be off because vehicle speed sensor has been bypassed by the PS module.

Once you have inputted your data, you have to shut off the PS module using --++ so the GPS signal is re-aquired for normal operation.

The DVD play capability is always active so no need for --++ sequence.
Old 06-10-14, 10:30 AM
MikeyTown
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I can't seem to access the PS website.

I'd like to order the nav bypass module, and maybe the one that lets you play videos from your ipod/iphone as well.

Where would be the best place to buy this from?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-10-14, 10:58 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeyTown
Hey guys,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I can't seem to access the PS website.

I'd like to order the nav bypass module, and maybe the one that lets you play videos from your ipod/iphone as well.

Where would be the best place to buy this from?

Cheers,

Mike
Here is the link, it works for me. http://www.prestigioussociety.com/
Old 06-10-14, 11:20 AM
MikeyTown
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by G-SharK
Here is the link, it works for me. http://www.prestigioussociety.com/
Perfect... thanks!

For some reason, the website wasn't loading for me earlier.
Old 06-10-14, 11:32 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeyTown
Perfect... thanks!

For some reason, the website wasn't loading for me earlier.
Anytime, very easy to install. Should be less than 30mins.
Old 06-16-14, 11:10 AM
MikeyTown
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to say that I installed this unit yesterday. It went very smoothly and it really was as easy as everyone says it is.

The most difficult part for me was getting the trim piece off. I have large hands, so they don't fit into small spaces very well. I opened the glove box, started at the right side and used a flathead screwdriver wrapped in a towel as a make-shift pry bar. Once I got the first 1-2 clips off, it was easily removable with my hands from there. From that point... smooth sailing.

The unit works like a charm and was worth every penny. I'm pretty sure I never would have found it, if it wasn't for this forum.

Thanks all,

Mike

Quick Reply: PS Module installed