Dharp65
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got quite a bit of brake dust too!
Old 02-13-13, 03:25 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally dustless brakes for the 4th generation!!

HOLD OFF ON BUYING THE PADS!!!!!

I was told by EBC in the U.S. that these will fit. However, based on HIZGSF's inquiry I did some more research. I then got Three different answers from three different people at EBC!! The U.S. office is telling me that there is no distinction in their specs so that usually means they are the same application. Another guy at EBC said the pads will work because pads and calipers are the same regardless of year. He did not know however if the rotors were bigger in the FSport. I then called the UK head office. They didnt know and could not confirm. I then called Lexus who said they have two different brake pad parts for the GS and the Fsport.

So now I am unsure myself.

I will probably cancel my order now based on this new info. What I need to do is find a shop that has them in and can compare the OEM pad with the EBC pad side by side as it seems even the manufacturer themselves don't know for sure if they will fit. I will continue my search and report back when I find more info.

Well, after a season of cleaning my wheels daily from the CRAZY brake dust from these OEM pads I am happy to announce that EBC RED STUFF has a Ceramic pad that will fit the front of the 2013 GS F Sport!! YAHOO!!!

These are great pads and will cut the dust 90%. I used an inferior pad on my last Beemer and found they cut the dust as advertised. They also stop the car great as well. They are sport pads used for high end street cars. I just ordered mine now!!

The part # for the front pads is here: DP-31589C. (These are also the same fit for the 2011 IS350 front as well. They tested and found that they are the same pad specs.)

However, they do not have a pad for the back yet. They are still producing the pads for the back which will be in distribution soon. That part # will be DP-31850C.

I bought mine at CARID.com. They have them listed for $102.00 free shipping. Great guys.
http://www.carid.com/2013-lexus-gs-b...s-4211185.html

They did a price match for me with a site I found called Partsgeek.com who had them for $83.00.
http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=dp31589c&x=0&y=0

Partsgeek did not have great reviews on their shipping and their website sucked for communicating with them etc so I sent it to CARID and they matched it based on their Price Match Guarantee.

Happy shopping ladies and gents!

Last edited by JOELC; 02-18-13 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-13-13, 08:45 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I barely get any dust even after 2 weeks on my GS350 F-Sport AWD and I do alot of fast driving around town and on highways. Its very good overall. My german cars (Audi A8L, BMW 335xi coupe, and Mercedes ML350) all get more brake dust in 1 week period. So I can't complain. : )
Old 03-31-14, 03:44 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Default Update on low dust pads f sport rwd

I have been in contact with every brake manufacturer from Bendix to EBC over the winter waiting for a ceramic low dust pad. It seems Centric, one of the largest OEM brake manufacturers has one out. I have ordered it and received it. I will be putting them on the 2nd week of April and I will let you know if they fit and how it goes.

Just wanted to send a quick update for all those dying to get something on before this season. The dust completely scored my OEM wheels over the winter. No way I want another summer of bad dust with my summer wheels on.

Will keep you posted.
Old 04-19-14, 12:38 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Default Finally low dust pad for rwd gs350f!!!!!

SO AFTER TWO YEARS OF WAITING AND JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING THE FRONT AND REAR PADS FROM CENTRIC FIT PERFECTLY!! FINALLY A CERAMIC LOW DUST PAD FOR THE RWD GS350F SPORT!!

ONLY ISSUE IS YOU MUST REPLACE THE ROTORS WITH LEXUS OEM. I TRIED AFTERMARKET AND THEY DIDNT WORK. THE ROTORS ARE A TWO PIECE CONSTRUCTION. BETTER USE THEM TO BE SAFE.

PART # FOR THE PADS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

FRONT: CENTRIC 105.11180 POSI-QUIET CERAMIC

REAR: CENTRIC 105.13911 POSI-QUIET CERAMIC

GOT MINE ON EBAY FOR APPROX $30.00 A SET. AGAIN, THEY FIT REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER BRAKE RETAIL COMPUTERS SAY. CENTRIC IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT DID THE RESEARCH AND PUT THEM ON THE MARKET. OTHER COMPANIES HAVEN'T EVEN GOT OUT OF BED ON THIS ISSUE YET!! CENTRIC IS THE BOMB!!!

HAPPY DRIVING!!