GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

lane change blinker

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 10:15 PM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gkcmilner
You are correct. Instead of pushing the stalk half-way in the opposite direction (the default) to cancel the turn signal, you push it half-way in the same direction.
I haven't tried changing this since the default seems the most intuitive for me.
I would like to be able to cancel by hitting the switch in either direction. Has anyone been succesful with this setting, and if so, does it allow you to cancel the flasher both ways? If so, il keep trying. Thanks
Old 06-12-12, 11:32 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going by these directions: Is it only possible to use the same direction cancel function if the automatic sequential lane change flash function (three, five, or seven blinks) is disabled?
Old 06-12-12, 04:06 PM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It worked for me. Thanks for posting this information.

With the Same Direction Cancel Function enabled, it operates exactly like my BMW. It is so much more instinctive and sensible when you get used to it.
Old 06-12-12, 05:55 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Outrage
Going by these directions: Is it only possible to use the same direction cancel function if the automatic sequential lane change flash function (three, five, or seven blinks) is disabled?
I tried the instructions, and unfortunately, the same direction cancel only works when no sequential lane change function is enabled. None-the-less, I changed my lane change function to five blinks.
Old 06-12-12, 06:28 PM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Originally Posted by rjm
It worked for me. Thanks for posting this information.

With the Same Direction Cancel Function enabled, it operates exactly like my BMW. It is so much more instinctive and sensible when you get used to it.
Can you expand on this? Firstly, does the same direction cancel function work in ADDITION to the opposite direction cancel function, or INSTEAD of it? Secondly, when it is operational, is the lane change function, (i.e., 3, 5, or 7 flashes) still operational? Thanks.
Old 06-12-12, 07:08 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusGSFGO
Can you expand on this? Firstly, does the same direction cancel function work in ADDITION to the opposite direction cancel function, or INSTEAD of it? Secondly, when it is operational, is the lane change function, (i.e., 3, 5, or 7 flashes) still operational? Thanks.
Here are the settings available:
  • Three blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel lane change and turning direction.
  • Five blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel lane change and turning direction.
  • Seven blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel lane change and turning direction.
  • Hold to blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel turning direction.
  • Hold to blink lane change with same direction cancel. Can cancel turning direction.
Old 06-12-12, 08:31 PM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Originally Posted by Outrage
Here are the settings available:
  • Three blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel lane change and turning direction.
  • Five blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel lane change and turning direction.
  • Seven blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel lane change and turning direction.
  • Hold to blink lane change with opposite direction cancel. Can cancel turning direction.
  • Hold to blink lane change with same direction cancel. Can cancel turning direction.
Thanks, that explains it. I think I'll keep the default opposite direction cancel. I just figured out the logic for this setting. If your not sure the lane change flasher is on, you can always hit it again, without having to take your eyes off the road to be sure. Same direction (no cancel) will always work whether it's on already or not. Thanks a lot for the explanation.
Old 06-13-12, 05:23 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSFGO
Firstly, does the same direction cancel function work in ADDITION to the opposite direction cancel function, or INSTEAD of it?

IN ADDITION

Secondly, when it is operational, is the lane change function, (i.e., 3, 5, or 7 flashes) still operational?

NO
It can get confusing
Old 06-28-12, 09:12 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

Thank you for the information! After many attempts due to my poor direction following skill, I got it to work for 5 blinks lane change.
Old 06-30-12, 10:51 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Got a little frustrated trying to do it myself last night. Then the ale and tequila kicked in and no more frustration.

Went at it again today and finally (after a few tries) got it to work on five flashes.

Thanks, to everyone that helped in this thread!
Old 07-18-12, 10:10 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

I work as a VTS at Lexus of Omaha, Nebraska. I saw the procedure done in Chicago at training. It is NOT done with the Techstream. It is entered like a code for the original NES. (Example) Turn singal on, hold for 3 seconds, press this button, release turn singal, press brake pedal and release, press auto wiper switch on, ect ect ect. It is mind numbing to figure out and program. The tech doing the training was having a hard time getting to accept the code.Not sure what the steps are, but I've got a customer that wants it changed so I'm going to dig and see if I can find it for you guys
Old 07-21-12, 11:27 AM
Lexzam
Driver

I hope it can be changed to a single flash (instead of 3, 5, 7)? Before I bought my current 3GS I had 335, 540 and 630 for test drive, and the 3-flash lane change indicator was driving me mad...
Old 07-23-12, 12:01 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Default GS 4th Gen Lane Change Flashes

Hey Guys. Went through my training materials from the Lexus Central Area GS 4th Gen training and found the sheet the Master Tech had on changing those turn indicator flashes on the 2013 GS. Even their Master Tech said he had trouble getting the procedure to work the first go around, but it does work.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GS4thGenTurnFlashes1.pdf (36.3 KB, 780 views)
GS4thGenTurnFlashes2.pdf (35.1 KB, 600 views)
Old 07-23-12, 12:37 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GSKaizen
Hey Guys. Went through my training materials from the Lexus Central Area GS 4th Gen training and found the sheet the Master Tech had on changing those turn indicator flashes on the 2013 GS. Even their Master Tech said he had trouble getting the procedure to work the first go around, but it does work.
Yes I got it to work too but what a "kluge"! I'd have expected a more elegant solution from Lexus but I guess not this time.
Old 07-23-12, 02:13 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Default GS 4th Gen Lane Change Flashes

Here is the instruction sheet I got from the Head Tech Trainer at the Lexus Central Area facility. Keep in mind, even he said it was a difficult procedure to complete.
Attached Files
GS4thGenTurnFlashes1.pdf (36.3 KB, 563 views)
GS4thGenTurnFlashes2.pdf (35.1 KB, 361 views)

Quick Reply: lane change blinker