GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

They messed up my baby, my new GS F-Sport

Old 05-24-12, 08:29 PM
j2theIzzle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They messed up my baby, my new GS F-Sport ***updated***

I took my car in to remove the the pinstripe they painted on the car on my NEW!! GS 350 F-Sport and they messed up my paint both sides of my car is scratched up and they added a 1" deep cut that penetrated the clear coat and deep into the paint of my car! both sides of my car from front to back on the left and the right side is scratched up with swirls that are 6" in length that travels through from the front to the back. WHAT the hell should I do! they kept the car over night to try to fix it. ARGH! only 140 miles on it. I now got a Lexus GS F'ed Sport.

They are putting me in a brand new car! I didn't even have to put up a fight. They truly are obsessed with service! GREAT dealership being that it was my second brand new car I purchased from them within 8 months. Thanks Sewell Lexus of Dallas!!!

Last edited by j2theIzzle; 05-26-12 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-24-12, 08:45 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Tough man. That stinks. Why in the world would they add a pinstripe to your car in the first place?

I'd actually get them to keep the car (if you can) and ask for a new one. You have to wait longer - but anything they do to damage the swirls is hurting the clear coat - even if it's only a little bit.
Old 05-24-12, 08:55 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow man! Sorry to hear about this. I would definitely see if they can get you into a brand new car especially if the current one only has 100 something miles on it. That is really messed up. You would think they would know what the heck they are doing before attempting to do it. Good luck and I hope you get things worked out.
Old 05-24-12, 10:47 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

did you notice the pinstripes before you actually took delivery? why would they pinstripe it without you asking for it and did they charge you for pin striping? that's strange. 140 miles,,,,,,, they can use it as a demo or have one of the reps buy it or give it to the GM he or she will know what to do with it, and they have to give you a new one. the good thing ( not meaning that in a good way because they f@#&^d up your car ) is that Lexus F#^%&d it up so they are liable. don't let them hand you BS or give you the runaround, stand firm. stick to your guns.
Old 05-25-12, 06:06 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Which Texas dealer did this? Or was it an independent shop that you had hired?
Old 05-25-12, 06:28 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Wow. I'm with everyone else, why was there a pin strip on your car to begin with? Did you have the dealer you purchase the car from remove the stripe?
Old 05-25-12, 06:45 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

I need a fishing reel just roll my chin back up off the ground....HOLY CRAP!

Yeah...depending on all the circumstances...stand strong and make sure they make this right with a new car. Lexus has always been know for there pursuit of perfection, so hopefully that follows through. In the mean time I'd be on the phone with Lexus Corporate and get that ball rolling as well.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Old 05-25-12, 07:06 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

That's terrible to hear! I hope they resolve it appropriately for you.

My local dealer pin stripes every single car on their lot before they are put out for sale. The salesman said it's part of their prep routine. I actually said to him, "with the new direction Lexus is taking their car design and the attempt to generate interest from a younger demographic, don't you think pin stripping a car like this is out of character?" and he agreed.

Thankfully their pin stripe is vinyl and would peel off rather easily but I chose to not buy from that dealership because they not only marked the cars up $5000 over invoice (tsunami shortages) but added $1995 for the pin stripe and life time car washes package... I mean where do you even begin negotiating lol It's was pointless to even try so I went elsewhere.
Old 05-25-12, 07:14 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by j2theIzzle
...and they added a 1" deep cut that penetrated the clear coat and deep into the paint of my car! ...
1 inch deep? You have bigger problems than just the paint.
Old 05-25-12, 07:23 AM
j2theIzzle
Driver School Candidate

I'm not going to post the dealership yet, I will let them try to do the right thing first.
Old 05-25-12, 07:43 AM
j2theIzzle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
1 inch deep? You have bigger problems than just the paint.
i meant 1" in length but clearly through the clear coat and into the paint.
Old 05-25-12, 07:53 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
added $1995 for the pin stripe and life time car washes package...
Must have been 0.5mm thick gold (not gold coated) pin stripes

$5000 over invoice? How much over MSRP was it? (not sure how true this is, but I was told by my sales person that Lexus (corporate) frowns upon markup over MSRP and if they receive a "few" complaints, they cut that deaership's shipments on new cars.

You are right - no point in even negotiating with dealerships like this. It is a waste of time.
Old 05-25-12, 07:58 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

@j2theIzzle if it is one of the 4 dealerships in the DFW area, I'm pretty confident they will fix it. (not sure about replacing the car - hopefully they will)

Regardless of which dealership it is, if they are going to fix it, make sure they tell you what they are going to do before they do it.
Replace panels or repaint it etc

If they don't do it right, BBB (and small claims court if needed) should make it right.
Old 05-25-12, 08:07 AM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did they remove the cattle horns? JK

On a serious note....I am with everyone else on this. WTF were they doing adding pinstripes. IMO...auto alterations like this this should be banned by Lexus corporate.
Attached Thumbnails They messed up my baby, my new GS F-Sport-resizeimagefilter.jpg  
Old 05-25-12, 08:21 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by jj14
Must have been 0.5mm thick gold (not gold coated) pin stripes

$5000 over invoice? How much over MSRP was it? (not sure how true this is, but I was told by my sales person that Lexus (corporate) frowns upon markup over MSRP and if they receive a "few" complaints, they cut that deaership's shipments on new cars.

You are right - no point in even negotiating with dealerships like this. It is a waste of time.
Well the 57k + 5000 + 1995 (but no dealer fee lol) I never talked money with them, I saw that and decided it was pointless and went elsewhere. BTW the GS350 (non FSport were marked up 3995 + the 1995)

It's south Florida... I guess people write checks and don't ask.

As for the pin stripe issue, I watched a youtube on removing it (and clear bra fwiw) and a simple heat gun to loosen adhesive and peal, that is if the pin stripe was vinyl and not painted on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: They messed up my baby, my new GS F-Sport