GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Digital clock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-12, 04:00 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Digital clock?

Did a quick search but didn't find anything. Aside from the really nice clock right in the middle, is there a way/option to add a digital clock onto the navi screen somewhere? Thanks
Old 05-04-12, 07:51 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by varcity64
Did a quick search but didn't find anything. Aside from the really nice clock right in the middle, is there a way/option to add a digital clock onto the navi screen somewhere? Thanks
That would be a "no". I've been going through the owner's manual and there is only one page for "Clock". That's the one in the middle.
Old 05-05-12, 02:26 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NAV/GPS Clock?

Somewhere buried in the setup or Nav setup screens there is talk of an additional clock and how to set it. It mentions that this clock is for use by the NAV system and is not linked or otherwise associated with the analog clock on the dash. So, the clock is there but I don't believe it can be displayesd. Maybe in a future software update.....
Old 05-05-12, 05:07 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
That would be a "no". I've been going through the owner's manual and there is only one page for "Clock". That's the one in the middle.
I have only had the car since Monday, so I haven't had time to dig around in there. Thanks

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Somewhere buried in the setup or Nav setup screens there is talk of an additional clock and how to set it. It mentions that this clock is for use by the NAV system and is not linked or otherwise associated with the analog clock on the dash. So, the clock is there but I don't believe it can be displayesd. Maybe in a future software update.....
this is why I asked b/c I saw that and had to adjust that clock for day light savings. I figured there would be a way to get that on the display but couldn't figure it out. I hope they address it w/an update
Old 05-05-12, 08:42 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

...my teacher taught me how to read an analog clock in pre-school. since then, I started wearing analog watches!
Old 05-05-12, 09:38 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by faifai83
...my teacher taught me how to read an analog clock in pre-school. since then, I started wearing analog watches!
Cool story I guess my 6 yr old daughter's kindergarten class didnt cover that yet and was used to having a digital clock in my car.
Old 05-08-12, 11:54 AM
kday
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lolllllllll
Old 09-26-12, 06:50 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any talk of a digital clock, I saw the digital clock in the navi settings, but yea I don't have time to figure out what time it is esp with no numbers haha.
Old 09-27-12, 05:21 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Too funny!

I have no issues with my beautiful analog clock and actually prefer it.

However just this morning My daughter who is now in 6th grade was getting out of the car and for the 4th time this week asked me what the time was??? I said do you really not see the clock? She said...where? I pointed to thr middle of the dash and she says...oh, I never noticed it because I've been looking for a digital clock.

LOL...what is this world coming to???
Old 09-27-12, 07:27 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

I compare a digital clock to a typed out letter, compared to an analog being the handwritten letter.

Although the handwritten letter is classy, it sometimes can be hard to read, the typed out letter is precise and easy to read without much effort, but is not as original/genuine as the handwritten.

So when will I get my "typed out letter" in my car?
Old 09-27-12, 12:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

faifai,,, you have issues. i guess they don't like analog.
Old 09-27-12, 12:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i haven't seen or heard anything until today about a digital clock in the 4GS. i'm going to look through the manual.
Old 09-28-12, 04:11 AM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought it was strange that someone would want a digital clock, but I read more and more people looking for one so I guess I might be the strange one.
I much prefer the analog since I can quickly tell the time by hand position and don't need to try to focus on numbers (my eyesight isn't great). Much like my speedometer and tachometer, it's the needle position itself, not the actual printed numbers that give me an indication of speed. I guess it's whatever your used to using to tell time, I have always had analog watches and clocks (except of course the nightstand clock).
Old 09-28-12, 11:25 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely would a prefer a digital clock. About the time it takes for me to see where both hands are on the analog clock I can look at a digital and have my eyes back on the road. Heck, I would even pay a few dollars to get a hack on the display to add a digital clock ! Actually....I see it as obnoxious that they don't even give the user a choice. My Infinity includes both.......you can look at whichever you choose.