GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Backup camera update coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 02:16 PM
LEX900
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
wonder if they'll include birds eye view in the 2014 GS..... (no reason why they couldn't do this software update for 2013 too - but that's probably work that they don't feel they have to do)
Not sure about that. Personally, I think with park assist I can live without the birds eye view. But if they are giving birds eye updates, I'll take that too.
Old 05-01-12, 04:46 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

glad to hear that they are changing the back up lines. They didnt bother me that much though.
Old 05-01-12, 07:33 PM
gkcmilner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That is good info. The 2013 LX 570 already has that.
Old 05-01-12, 08:21 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EGS350
This is good news. I was driving my friend's A6 the other day and was jealous that his backup camera came equipped with this feature. Now if only they'll update the NAV for a birds eye view...
I've never owned a car that had navigation before nor have I ever owned any type of portable navigation device. Can some explain to me the benefits or why "birds eye" view is so great? TIA ~Tu
Old 05-01-12, 11:07 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Regarding this any other software updates?

Good to hear about the upcoming software update. Are these updates automatically "pushed" to the car or does the owner/operator have to do something to make them happen when they are available?
Old 05-01-12, 11:31 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
Speaking of backup camera, I would add to my wish list a feature where when you first start the car and put it in reverse (back up camera comes on) that it NOT show the info drop downs of the bluetooth and media player connections being made, it obstructs the view a good bit IMHO.

That info drop down isn't even necessary, its already shown in the top right of the right pane and just becomes bright/bold active and you know its connected anyway.

Just my opinion.
Can you get the outside temp in that pane ? I have seen numerous pics in brochures with the temp in that pane but can't find out how to get it to show the temp. I'm waiting for my ordered GS so I dont have a manual to look it up.

Thanks

Last edited by rlj4246; 05-01-12 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Add a word
Old 05-02-12, 01:46 AM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
I've never owned a car that had navigation before nor have I ever owned any type of portable navigation device. Can some explain to me the benefits or why "birds eye" view is so great? TIA ~Tu
Nothing really. It is all about preferences. This is from someone who has been using Nav for the past 15 years.
Old 05-02-12, 01:57 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onexcite
That's annoying me too. It obstructs the view where I need to see most.

3D/Bird eyes map view would make Lexus drivers amaze. I send them many feedback / review / improved since I own 07 RX/ES and 5 years later they still not make any change about their NAV system. That's why I sold my 08 GS and bought an 09 G37.

We should start a new thread about Lexus details/improving need.
As far as I know, 3D navigation is a available because I've seen it in Europe and Asia. Don't know why it's not available in the US.
Old 05-02-12, 06:36 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by rlj4246
Can you get the outside temp in that pane ? I have seen numerous pics in brochures with the temp in that pane but can't find out how to get it to show the temp. I'm waiting for my ordered GS so I dont have a manual to look it up.

Thanks
I have not seen the outside temp in the right pane. It is in the cluster as a display option. I have mine set to replace that with range miles, while above that I usually have instant mpg but can cycle through to the temp if I want. Of course where I live it's pointless, hot is hot lol

If you find a way to put it there, def. share it !
Old 05-02-12, 08:12 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by rlj4246

Thanks
I just spent 1/2 hour reading my owners manual and going through menus in the car. I can not find a single place to change bluetooth setting to temp on the right pane. Which is odd because the image on www.lexus.com showing this feature is in the apps menu which presumably requires a bluetooth connection to the phone to work.

Now if you set the right pane to A/C and expand it to the left screen it does show the outside temp but that auto reverts to the map after 20 seconds unless you change it in settings to stay.

Anyone else want to take a stab at this mystery?

Old 05-02-12, 08:42 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I have not seen the outside temp in the right pane. It is in the cluster as a display option. I have mine set to replace that with range miles, while above that I usually have instant mpg but can cycle through to the temp if I want. Of course where I live it's pointless, hot is hot lol

If you find a way to put it there, def. share it !
Hrm, I think you're referencing the gauge cluster...
Old 05-02-12, 08:43 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I just spent 1/2 hour reading my owners manual and going through menus in the car. I can not find a single place to change bluetooth setting to temp on the right pane. Which is odd because the image on www.lexus.com showing this feature is in the apps menu which presumably requires a bluetooth connection to the phone to work.

Now if you set the right pane to A/C and expand it to the left screen it does show the outside temp but that auto reverts to the map after 20 seconds unless you change it in settings to stay.

Anyone else want to take a stab at this mystery?

I have a feeling that the images are simulated as the fan is off?
Old 05-02-12, 11:16 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

I wondered if that might be the case
Old 05-02-12, 12:59 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

so they're going to "beam" this back-up camera update to our cars without having to go to the dealership?
Old 05-02-12, 08:16 PM
LEX900
Rookie

Originally Posted by jtrue28
so they're going to "beam" this back-up camera update to our cars without having to go to the dealership?
That's what the tech guy told me at the dealership.

Quick Reply: Backup camera update coming soon