GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Some new goodies came in from Autogeek today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 08:48 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some new goodies came in from Autogeek today...

I ordered a couple new chenille wash mits, a couple grit gaurds, the Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave By Cobra, and a foam gun (which is awesome by the way). As for the 5 gallon buckets, I picked those up for free from the bakery at a local grocery store. They always have empty ones that they store icing in. Anyways, all this stuff arrived today and I could not wait to use them so I decided to give her a proper two bucket wash today. Everytime she is washed and cleaned really reminds me of why I ended up choosing Obsidian. Nothing beats a shiney, reflective, mirrored finish on a black car. Sealeant and carnuba wax are already ordered and will come in later this week just in time for the weekend Here are a couple of pics after todays wash, again from my crappy iPhone

Old 04-23-12, 09:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

very clean. like your Cayenne!
Old 04-23-12, 09:24 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
very clean. like your Cayenne!
Thanks man, we call it our chile pepper
Old 04-23-12, 10:47 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
I ordered a couple new chenille wash mits, a couple grit gaurds, the Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave By Cobra, and a foam gun (which is awesome by the way). As for the 5 gallon buckets, I picked those up for free from the bakery at a local grocery store. They always have empty ones that they store icing in. Anyways, all this stuff arrived today and I could not wait to use them so I decided to give her a proper two bucket wash today. Everytime she is washed and cleaned really reminds me of why I ended up choosing Obsidian. Nothing beats a shiney, reflective, mirrored finish on a black car. Sealeant and carnuba wax are already ordered and will come in later this week just in time for the weekend Here are a couple of pics after todays wash, again from my crappy iPhone

Very nice! I expect nothing less than concour look for a mainstream LFA! You ought to try Zaino sealant if you haven't already.
Old 04-24-12, 05:04 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks great! Noticed you have RWD, do you have rear steer?
Old 04-24-12, 06:40 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Looks great! Noticed you have RWD, do you have rear steer?
No VGRS. Wish I did though!
Old 04-24-12, 07:14 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I love Lexus shower ****.
Old 04-24-12, 08:03 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

clean....... well it is brand new so it's not hard to keep her sparkling. nothing like washing and detailing your own car. what type of soap did you use in your foam gun? i use Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. didn't notice a master blaster for the water in the crevices, that's a must have. if you're applying sealant and wax you should start from scratch. strip all the dealer detail crap off the car and clay it if it needs it, apply AIO, SEALANT AND THEN WAX. Chemical Guys Lava wax is best for obsidian. it's just me chem guys IMHO is the best easy on easy off, no waiting 8 to 12 hours for proper cure time, the longest is wipe off immediately or wait 20 minutes. i swear by chem guys. i've used Zaino, Blackfire etc. and chemical guys is the best of the bunch.
Old 04-24-12, 08:22 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
nothing like washing and detailing your own car. squeaky clean and shiny. i know this isn't the detailing thread, but i have to ask. what type of soap did you use in your foam gun? i use chemical guys honeydew snow foam. didn't notice a master blaster for the water in all the crevices. that's a must also. if you're using a sealant i think you should start from scratch. strip all the dealer detail crap off the car and do your own detail,,,, AIO, SEALANT and then WAX.
I just used a sample bottle of soap that came with the gun. I didn't take notice of the name but it smelled really good. It was green and smelled like mint. I don't have a master blaster but I think I will look into one because I did noticed a lot of water crevices after washing her yesterday. I will strip all the dealer stuff this weekend and will seal first, wait probably one day for sealent to cure, re-wash than wax. Thanks for your advice!
Old 04-24-12, 08:44 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I just used a sample bottle of soap that came with the gun. I didn't take notice of the name but it smelled really good. It was green and smelled like mint. I don't have a master blaster but I think I will look into one because I did noticed a lot of water crevices after washing her yesterday. I will strip all the dealer stuff this weekend and will seal first, wait probably one day for sealent to cure, re-wash than wax. Thanks for your advice!
the honey dew snow foam i use smell like honeydew, the only minus is the bugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they love the stuff. Chemical Guys uses nano-tech so that if you apply sealant you only have to wait 20 minutes for it to cure to your paint. i use Chem guys jetseal you can seal every part of your exterior except your tires with this sealant. and it lasts 4 to 6 months easy.
Old 04-24-12, 08:46 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Sydtoosic,

Do you happen to have a link or a website for the Master Blaster?

Thanks,
Tu
Old 04-24-12, 09:01 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Sydtoosic,

Do you happen to have a link or a website for the Master Blaster?

Thanks,
Tu
CHEMICAL GUYS .com...... you have to excuse my ignorance i don't know how to post a link. if you could help i would appreciate it. thanx.
Old 04-24-12, 09:12 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Good idea on the buckets! Car looks great.
Old 04-24-12, 09:52 AM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

i use to claybar, AIO and KSG x3-4 my silver altima. It worked awesome. I'm debating if i want to use KSG for my obsidian gs350 though. Ive heard stories about KSG making black cars look plastic-y. KSG stands for klasse sealant glaze btw.
Old 04-24-12, 10:27 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nyczyang27
i use to claybar, AIO and KSG x3-4 my silver altima. It worked awesome. I'm debating if i want to use KSG for my obsidian gs350 though. Ive heard stories about KSG making black cars look plastic-y. KSG stands for klasse sealant glaze btw.
you heard right... KSG does make black cars look plastic-y, and so does zaino.

Quick Reply: Some new goodies came in from Autogeek today...