GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rattles anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 05:15 PM
SonicBoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013 GS with the F-Sport trim, I get a rattle that can be heard riving over bumpy areas. Dealer told me that it is the disengaged parking brake on the rear wheels. Curious if others have experienced this?
Old 08-15-14, 08:01 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My passenger side seatbelt rattles, so I just buckle it and the noise is gone. Not the best solution, but it works.
Old 08-16-14, 04:16 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone been able to figure out the faint ticking/rattling from what sounds like is the B-pillar? I hear it on the driver side and a little bit on the passenger side. Only on rough/vibrating roads.
Old 08-16-14, 05:19 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
Has anyone been able to figure out the faint ticking/rattling from what sounds like is the B-pillar? I hear it on the driver side and a little bit on the passenger side. Only on rough/vibrating roads.
I think it's the adjustment lever for the seat belt on the b pillar. Mine ticks sometimes.

Got a rattle from the glove box. Same rattle in my wife's 3GS too. Anyone have a fix? I think it's the mechanism that closes the door.
Old 08-16-14, 09:45 PM
shookatash
Rookie

Originally Posted by obturator
I think it's the adjustment lever for the seat belt on the b pillar. Mine ticks sometimes.

Got a rattle from the glove box. Same rattle in my wife's 3GS too. Anyone have a fix? I think it's the mechanism that closes the door.
I got the glove box rattles once in a while, seat belt rattle, and something near the dead pedal (tho this might be the V1 cable). Our 07 is250 rattled like crazy after a few years so I expect this car to not be much different...
Old 08-16-14, 10:08 PM
Injectelo
Driver School Candidate

No rattles, but a "tapping" sound from the rear left door. Feels like the adhesive is expanding/contracting from the temprature and makes a TAP! sound without fail everyday.

Imagine a coin being tapped at your rear window, annoying as *****!
Old 08-16-14, 11:06 PM
Shadow0039
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Injectelo
No rattles, but a "tapping" sound from the rear left door. Feels like the adhesive is expanding/contracting from the temprature and makes a TAP! sound without fail everyday.

Imagine a coin being tapped at your rear window, annoying as *****!
If it is on the move that you hear the sound, could be the petrol cover .. apparently it's not lock when on the move .. adding some sound adsorbing material to cushion the impact would help.
Old 08-17-14, 03:16 AM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Also check the plastic cover (rear) of the passengers seat mount. That was broken and produced quite a rattle in my car. Easily fixed though.
Old 08-19-14, 07:17 AM
lazerlazer
Driver

I get a tapping noise sound by my left ear that seems to becoming from where the seatbelt height adjustment is. I moved it up and down pushed in on the pillar when drive and it didn't seem to stop it. Grrrr it's annoying it's right by my ear. Has anyone have a solution to fix this?
Old 08-19-14, 07:43 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lazerlazer
I get a tapping noise sound by my left ear that seems to becoming from where the seatbelt height adjustment is. I moved it up and down pushed in on the pillar when drive and it didn't seem to stop it. Grrrr it's annoying it's right by my ear. Has anyone have a solution to fix this?
No solution, but I have the exact same thing. I think there's something inside the B pillar? I hear it on the passenger side too, but not as much.
Old 08-19-14, 10:06 AM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by lazerlazer
I have it too...could not isolate. Only thing to affect it is rolling window down a fraction. One of these days i'll remove the door panel to find it...
Old 08-19-14, 01:19 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
I have it too...could not isolate. Only thing to affect it is rolling window down a fraction. One of these days i'll remove the door panel to find it...
I have it as well and my car only has 600 miles on it lol and I live down a dirt road so that doesn't really help.
Old 08-19-14, 01:47 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
Duke, could u do a DIY when u remove the door panel?
Old 08-19-14, 02:25 PM
SSG77
Driver School Candidate

I had no rattle until I hit about 2500 miles. It's coming from the passenger side. I think it's the entire seat. It seems to shake a lot... maybe I'm just being ****, but a car that almost cost $60k should be pretty silent.
Old 08-19-14, 02:32 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

My faint ticking or clicking sound comes from the driver exit assist handle. Sometimes I pull it down and move it right and left and it is fine for awhile. Sounds like a noisy spring.

Quick Reply: Rattles anyone?