GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rattles anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-14, 04:58 PM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tompass
My faint ticking or clicking sound comes from the driver exit assist handle. Sometimes I pull it down and move it right and left and it is fine for awhile. Sounds like a noisy spring.
I have that too.... clicky spring setup, gonna investigate in the next day or so.
Old 07-04-16, 09:13 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

There's a rattle from my driver side mirror and it's very annoying. Only when closing the door do you hear it its very
Faint and you got to have good hearing to hear it imo.
Old 07-05-16, 01:04 AM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I did isolate a rattle that was coming from the glove box/ passenger vent area. I popped the speaker grill off next to the passenger A-pillar and found a bolt next to the speaker that was really loose. I tightened the bolt and the rattle is now gone!!
Old 07-05-16, 10:51 AM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lazerlazer
I get a tapping noise sound by my left ear that seems to becoming from where the seatbelt height adjustment is. I moved it up and down pushed in on the pillar when drive and it didn't seem to stop it. Grrrr it's annoying it's right by my ear. Has anyone have a solution to fix this?
Not sure if it is the same noise you are talking about, but I have some clicking/tapping around the same area... I do not think it is from the seatbelt height adjuster, but rather the black plastic trim pieces that go around the top/sides of the window on the interior. I think it is these pieces, they seem to make a lot of clicking/tapping noises in my car. Not sure how I'd go about disassembling/tightening/insulating these pieces but I may try at some point.

Check out your car and let me know your opinion on this. I am pretty certain this is where the noise is coming from in my car.
Old 07-05-16, 02:22 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by MH6
I have that too.... clicky spring setup, gonna investigate in the next day or so.
Have the same issue. Originally thought it was the seat-belt height adjuster for the driver side but turns out that the noise is from the driver door exit handle near the roof. Its most apparent when hitting bumps/potholes...not sure what to do about it but I may just mess around with it next weekend.
Old 07-05-16, 09:24 PM
dkhm3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no rattles here. 11k miles. very nice to have a car without rattles.
Old 07-06-16, 08:30 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the MOST annoying rattle right behind the dash aluminum trim on the passengers side that is exasperated by my cat back exhaust. I don't have the guts to remove the glovebox (which would mean disconnecting an airbag) and locate the source. It sounds like a nut vibrating in a tin can. It is so obnoxious.
Old 07-07-16, 02:06 PM
bigsteff
Driver School Candidate

I have the ML stereo and when listening to music at moderate levels, the driver side door panel vibrates. I plan to have the issue addressed when I take the car in for the 5k checkup.
Old 07-08-16, 07:57 AM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I noticed some rattling the last couple weeks so I decided to bring it to Lexus (2015 F Sport). I am here right now and they found the driver door speaker was very loose. After tighten it, they said the issue is gone.
Old 07-08-16, 07:58 AM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by pqn628
I noticed some rattling the last couple weeks so I decided to bring it to Lexus (2015 F Sport). I am here right now and they found the driver door speaker was very loose. After tighten it, they said the issue is gone.
Weird to see so many reports of loose speaker screws on here. I had a rattle from one as well in my passenger door. They said they tightened a screw on the speaker, and it did fix the problem.

Maybe they need to start using some Loctite on these screws at the factory.
Old 07-20-16, 01:10 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Not even 2 weeks have gone by and I have driven 145 miles since the rattle was fixed and now its back. At this point, I know its not the speaker because its the same sound.

I've been reading through a lot of the rattle threads and some people are saying its an issue with the rear brakes/rotors. In any case, I have an appointment for Monday and I'm going to tell them I dont want the car back until its completely fixed.
Old 07-20-16, 02:16 PM
KB2014
Driver School Candidate

http://youtu.be/5mGFSpsloJ4

That video explains the fix for the door panel rattle.

Originally Posted by bigsteff
I have the ML stereo and when listening to music at moderate levels, the driver side door panel vibrates. I plan to have the issue addressed when I take the car in for the 5k checkup.
Old 07-20-16, 03:18 PM
jdigga99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wla1mjd
Rattle in the rear sunshade.
When it's down it'll rattle on a bumpy road. Soon as I raise it, quiet as can be.

Started hearing it occasionally at 8,000 miles. Now at 10,000 it's almost all the time.

Dealer tried "tightening the rails" last week, no luck. Will be back in a week to try again.
I think I am having this issue...the clunking from the rear sounds like it could be coming from the sunshade...I hate it
Old 07-20-16, 05:57 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by KB2014
http://youtu.be/5mGFSpsloJ4

That video explains the fix for the door panel rattle.
I have a door rattle also on the driver side and I don't want to open it up and I'll let the dealer take care of it , btw my front passenger seat also shakes and rattles. Is it common on ours cars.
Old 07-20-16, 06:48 PM
KJD3
Driver

I recently had a rattle pop up, coming from the right side of the car, or at least to the right of the drivers seat. Dealer can't replicate the rattle and I can't pin point. Almost sounds like the B pillar but not 100%. Any suggestions where to look?

Quick Reply: Rattles anyone?