GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Looking at the GS F Sport...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 09:48 PM
pinipig523
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at the GS F Sport...

Looking at the GS F Sport - I currently have a 2008 Inifiniti G37S coupe, manual... I want a car that's a little bigger and more comfortable but still having the same sporty feel. I feel like the GS F Sport is pretty close to ideal.

Problem is that the wife is not on board with me buying the GS F Sport. I think she think it costs too much for me.

I am enjoying following this forum, lots of cool pics of this pretty cool car.

Just wanted to say hi.
Old 04-04-12, 09:19 AM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-04-12, 10:54 AM
pinipig523
Rookie

Originally Posted by dseag2
Good luck with your decision!
Thanks!

I will be test driving it again today. Hopefully the wife will want to come and tag along.
Old 04-04-12, 11:23 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you will be disappointed! Although Infiniti G37S is a sweet ride, you will be taking a huge step up going to the 4G F Sport. The vehicle is reasonably price until you start adding a bunch of creature comforts and the price skyrockets fast!
Old 04-04-12, 11:30 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should tell her that this is a man's decision. Nah, J/K don't do that LOL! I hope everything goes well with your test drive and hopefully she would change her mind about the car. It truely is a really nice car
Old 04-04-12, 12:28 PM
Jaymez56
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pinipig523
Looking at the GS F Sport - I currently have a 2008 Inifiniti G37S coupe, manual... I want a car that's a little bigger and more comfortable but still having the same sporty feel. I feel like the GS F Sport is pretty close to ideal.

Problem is that the wife is not on board with me buying the GS F Sport. I think she think it costs too much for me.

Just wanted to say hi.
P...good luck! Hopefully you will be joining the GS family soon. FYI...I traded in my 09 G37S for a non F-Sport and I gotta say the ride is pretty close (a little more luxury than sport, but close) and the rest of the Lexus features just blow away my old car. Can only imagine with the F-sport will do for you. Cheers!
Old 04-04-12, 01:11 PM
pinipig523
Rookie

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
I think you should tell her that this is a man's decision. Nah, J/K don't do that LOL! I hope everything goes well with your test drive and hopefully she would change her mind about the car. It truely is a really nice car
LOL.... you're right. I should just put my foot down.

On paper, I can make a good argument as to why the 4GS F sport is a reasonable purchase especially since I'm not stretching my budget on one (we try to keep cars below 15% of our annual income).

I think she just wants me to keep my end of the bargain when I told her that I was going to keep the G37S for several years longer.

But the 4GS F sport is so coooool...
Old 04-04-12, 01:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

LOL.... you're right. I should just put my foot down.

On paper, I can make a good argument as to why the 4GS F sport is a reasonable purchase especially since I'm not stretching my budget on one (we try to keep cars below 15% of our annual income).

I think she just wants me to keep my end of the bargain when I told her that I was going to keep the G37S for several years longer.

But the 4GS F sport is so coooool...
lol, never make promises
Old 04-04-12, 01:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

try letting her test drive the car and play with all the neat gadgets. and point out that WE will have more room than the G37S....... key word....WE.
Old 04-04-12, 01:57 PM
pinipig523
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
try letting her test drive the car and play with all the neat gadgets. and point out that WE will have more room than the G37S....... key word....WE.
I will try that.... "we"....
Old 04-04-12, 02:57 PM
crzyis
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, never make promises

Exactly.

I'm in the second year of my marriage and in the amount of time we have dated and been married i have had 7 new cars with the 8th being the 4 GS. In that amount of that she only got 1 new car! I think its fair LOL.....
Old 04-04-12, 03:28 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Just wanted to say hi.
Are you referring to the GS350 F-sport or the upcoming GS-F ? The GS-F when it comes on sale will probably run close to $80k based on what an IS-F cost in the 60-70k range.
Old 04-04-12, 03:34 PM
pinipig523
Rookie

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
Are you referring to the GS350 F-sport or the upcoming GS-F ? The GS-F when it comes on sale will probably run close to $80k based on what an IS-F cost in the 60-70k range.
I was referring to GS350 F sport.... but if the GSF is at 80 - it's still swingable. I just have to really work the wife to agree with me.

$80 is probably around as much as I'd like to spend on a car.

But I already like the GS350F as it is... and last I checked, the price hovers around 57-59K, very reasonable.
Old 04-04-12, 03:35 PM
pinipig523
Rookie

Originally Posted by crzyis
Exactly.

I'm in the second year of my marriage and in the amount of time we have dated and been married i have had 7 new cars with the 8th being the 4 GS. In that amount of that she only got 1 new car! I think its fair LOL.....
We are entering 1.5 years of marriage - I could use as much tips as I could get.
Old 04-04-12, 05:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

We are entering 1.5 years of marriage - I could use as much tips as I could get.
been married 1 year 8 months and i've bought 5 cars in that time 2 Toyota, 3 Lexus. if she's not into cars she will probably be pissed everytime you buy one, no matter if she gets whatever she wants. the last two Lexus cars she didn't know about until i picked her up from work. she got over it after a week or so. she loves the car now. not saying that is what you should do. just saying it worked for me. they don't realize that a nice car is an extension for us.

Quick Reply: Looking at the GS F Sport...